*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,846 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang it, someone earlier in the thread said 52 min...
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Dang it, someone earlier in the thread said 52 min...
It's 52. There's a lot that happens in that last 12 minutes.
MandoArms
It was 54 minutes with the recap and credits. It was amazing...
IG: mando_arms
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

The *end* of episode eight. After piecing together a map to Ashoka provided by R2 in a cameo appearance, Mondo finally finds her on a distant, remote island, approaches her - she turns, scowling - Mondo extends his arms, offers her Baby Yoda, and we CUT TO BLACK.
And then season 3 begins with Ahsoka tossing Baby Yoda over her shoulder
kyledr04
AG
First episode was great. One of the only times I didn't mind my kids waking me up at 4am. Watched it since it was up.

I love this modern western concept. Feels like a John Wayne series.
Shenaniganz
The surprise at the end was a nice teaser. Also I really liked Timothy Olyphant's character and hope he makes more appearances in the show.
The Debt
"We heard you had a grabboid problem"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So much attention to detail from the EU and the previous movies. I love how this show is being run. The Krayt dragon lair and using banthas and explosives was straight out of KOTOR. Even the Krayt Dragon pearl in its belly ala KOTOR and Galaxies.

What I liked even more was that Fett's armor didn't quite fit Cobb Vanth. That is such a tiny detail that adds such realism. Most people would rebuild the armor to make it fit the actor. But clearly Cobb Vanth is taller than Boba Fett was, so it fits him kind of funny.

Loved seeing the jetpack rocket in action and the range-finder as well. Little things you always wanted to see are constantly brought to life by this show.

Loved seeing the Massifs and the Raider huts straight out of AOTC. Although I knew he'd be fine, I thought for a second what a massive twist it could have been to have Mando eaten by the Krayt and Cobb Vanth take over as the Mandalorian.

Is it Boba at the end? If he survived the Sarlaac, why didn't he still have his own armor? Cool that he had a Tusken rifle and a gaffi stick too.

Do we need a separate spoiler thread or how are we going to handle this?
FALE

The Debt
This is a season 2 thread. It should be obvious that s2 will be discussed as episodes are released
ChipFTAC01
AG
I really need to remember to stop clicking on this thread.
The Debt
i dont think that's Boba. Let him be dead. Plus we know he is a Hispanic fella, we saw what boba looks like in ep2
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

So much attention to detail from the EU and the previous movies. I love how this show is being run. The Krayt dragon lair and using banthas and explosives was straight out of KOTOR. Even the Krayt Dragon pearl in its belly ala KOTOR and Galaxies.

What I liked even more was that Fett's armor didn't quite fit Cobb Vanth. That is such a tiny detail that adds such realism. Most people would rebuild the armor to make it fit the actor. But clearly Cobb Vanth is taller than Boba Fett was, so it fits him kind of funny.

Loved seeing the jetpack rocket in action and the range-finder as well. Little things you always wanted to see are constantly brought to life by this show.

Loved seeing the Massifs and the Raider huts straight out of AOTC. Although I knew he'd be fine, I thought for a second what a massive twist it could have been to have Mando eaten by the Krayt and Cobb Vanth take over as the Mandalorian.

Is it Boba at the end? If he survived the Sarlaac, why didn't he still have his own armor? Cool that he had a Tusken rifle and a gaffi stick too.

Do we need a separate spoiler thread or how are we going to handle this?
Agree with pretty much all of this. I was a little giddy watching this episode, not going to lie, from the entire western feel that worked so damn well to Cobb Vanth walking in and almost immediately taking off the helmet to the way they portrayed the krayt dragon and like you said, the nods to kotor to Boba Fett (definitely him, my guess is the jawas thought he was dead and stripped his armor and weapons) showing up at the end.

Perfect way to start the season.
RebAg13
Dro07
AG
with the episode out do we need spoiler tags?
Dro07
AG
That looked like the actor that played Boba and it probably is him unless he is just a clone like Rex just wondering after the OT.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Debt said:

i dont think that's Boba. Let him be dead. Plus we know he is a Hispanic fella, we saw what boba looks like in ep2
Daniel Logan is from Auckland, New Zealand.
YNWA_AG
AG
The cut to the imax light aspect ratio was awesome for that scene.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Inspired by KOTOR - cut to about the 6:30 mark if you don't want the background story.

Krayt dragon pearl from Galaxies. They had them in KOTOR too, in fact you could put one in your lightsaber.

YNWA_AG
AG
I thought this episode was a rehash of chapter 4 to introduce a couple more plot elements. Hopefully the show breaks off from the episodic plots more.
redline248
AG
It is either him or another random clone. Definitely the same actor that played Jango

I really do like the show, but besides the names of things and how they look this episode felt more like an episode of Stargate or Star Trek. That said, I'm so glad this show is back.
AgLiving06
This is all you need to know about the plot of the episode.

BoydCrowder13
AgLiving06 said:

This is all you need to know about the plot of the episode.

Gawd Olyphant is great at these types of characters.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-investigating-threats-by-rian-johnson-to-direct-an-episode-of-the-mandalorian/
amercer
AG
Light but good first episode.
TXAG 05
AG
Great start. Like someone posted above, definitely made me think of Tremors
Iowaggie
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Great start. Like someone posted above, definitely made me think of Tremors

Said the same thing to wife.

Needs more Bacon
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Pretty sure it was Boba Fett at the end and I bet we see him again
Saxsoon
AG
The Debt said:

That was temeura Morrison, that was Boba. Hell he has revoiced Boba in Recent releases. You don't have his armor show up and have him at the end and it not be Boba

Really really strong start of the season. Timothy Olyphant was great and apparently his character was introduced in the Chuck Wendig novels. Really love the storytelling and when they go for the fan service, it has a reason. The armor showing up, seeing the Death Star explosion celebration, recycled pod racer engine converted to a bike. Just great stuff.
Saxsoon
AG
Also that Krayt dragon was incredible
Duncan Idaho
I had no idea how much I needed to see a bantha get its teeth cleaned
Ag Since 83
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I had no idea how much I needed to see a bantha get its teeth cleaned
I said to my friends "brushing a bantha's teeth, that is some quality world building"
heddleston
AG
The art during the credits is one of my favorite parts of the show. I need a large print of Mando riding a bantha.
JCRiley09
AG
When did Timothy Olyphant go from looking like Josh Duhamel to looking like Pierce Brosnan?
HalifaxAg
AG
Finally, we get to see a Krayt Dragon and I am not disappointed! No wonder those Tusken fled in ANH!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.