*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,915 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
MandoArms
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My curve ball prediction is that the ice planet isn't Ilum but Hoth. Mando finds a newly established Mandalorian covert there in the remains of Echo base, which is now buried under 100 feet of ice.
IG: mando_arms
HalifaxAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The dude from the cantina!

That's the Cyclops from Krull!
fig96
AG
If you're seeing this right now, Hal Hickel (animation supe) is doing a talk about The Mandalorian at the View animation conference in Italy:
https://viewconference.makeitlive.it/session/87
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Question about the first season. In the 7th episode, the "I Have Spoken Guy" is in an argument with the shocktrooper and he says he was an indentured servant for the Empire for 3 human lifetimes.

Did the Republic have slaves? Otherwise how does this make sense?
The Collective
AG
Believe the understanding is he was a slave predating the Empire. And, yes, there were slaves before the Empire.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Anakin and his mother are Watto's slaves in The Phantom Menace. The Republic doesn't control the whole galaxy.

Shmi Skywalker: Can you help him?

Qui-Gon Jinn: I don't know. I didn't actually come here to free slaves.

Shmi Skywalker: All slaves have a transmitter placed somewhere in their body.

Anakin: I've been working on a scanner to try and locate mine.
YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS
AG
Nice.
TCTTS
AG
Have we seen a release schedule yet? I remember reading at one point that they were going to release clusters of episodes each week, instead one episode per week, and that we'd get three episodes on the 30th, but I haven't heard anything about that plan since.
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Anakin and his mother are Watto's slaves in The Phantom Menace. The Republic doesn't control the whole galaxy.

Also worth mentioning that they make it a point in TPM to point out that Tatooine isn't part of the Republic. For example, Watto not accepting Republic credits and Padme mentioning that the Republic outlawed slavery and promptly getting put in her place.
TCTTS
AG
So everything I'm seeing in a quick search is saying one episode per week again, same as last season, which I definitely prefer. No clusters.
Madmarttigan
AG
I hate it because it feels short but like it for discussion purposes so actually don't mind either way
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bluefire579 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Also worth mentioning that they make it a point in TPM to point out that Tatooine isn't part of the Republic. For example, Watto not accepting Republic credits and Padme mentioning that the Republic outlawed slavery and promptly getting put in her place.

Yeah, that was kind of what I was asking, I just didn't provide enough background in my original post. The shock trooper was mad at him that he won his freedom as a slave for the Empire, but if he was just a random slave for like one of the Hutt's, not sure why there would be animosity towards that.
KCup17
AG
After re-watching the first episode a question I kept thinking was: Who hired all these guys to protect The Child in the first place?
Anyone else thought this or has that already been explained and I just missed it?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A fighter like cara probably holds disdain for races that s3rved the empire instead of revolting.

I would guess that the child was in an imperial facility that got looted after endor at some point and the asset got taken, stashed at that base, and was going to be sold to the highest bidder but the imperial remnant decided to get it back by force instead.
fig96
AG
My thought is that there's loads of former Empire money out there up for grabs, and those former Empire groups have transitioned from a centralized organization to more of smaller local syndicates (and I question how much oversight there was at any point).
Madmarttigan
AG
Simplest reason is they were holding baby Yoda for a ridiculous ransom from the empire I guess. Easier to pay a bounty.

They should have explained it better, they may have just been good guys protecting the child but they looked more like mercenaries.
Flashdiaz
AG
KCup17 said:

After re-watching the first episode a question I kept thinking was: Who hired all these guys to protect The Child in the first place?
Anyone else thought this or has that already been explained and I just missed it?
Season 2 should go back and be about how these were good guys with families that devoted themselves to the cause to keep baby yoda safe. Forcing them to fight off many bounty hunters seeking the bounty. Last episode is the first episode but from their tragic point of view.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is mostly a 35-minute commercial for Mando stuff, but it's got good interviews with Carl Weathers and Giancarlo Esposito, and has a couple of things that I would suspect are clues to Season 2 - like a Gamorrean figure and a really fantastic model of the Razor Crest that has an escape pod feature.

Kate Beckett
AG
I preordered that Razor Crest with escape pod. It was a really fun video.
Claude!
I just finished building my LEGO Razor Crest the other day.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I can't remember, what time did episodes usually drop last year? Was it at a relatively reasonable time Thursday night, like with Hulu and Amazon, or was it midnight pacific? I probably won't watch 'til tomorrow either way, just curious as to when I need to start avoiding this thread until then.
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

I can't remember, what time did episodes usually drop last year? Was it at a relatively reasonable time Thursday night, like with Hulu and Amazon, or was it midnight pacific? I probably won't watch 'til tomorrow either way, just curious as to when I need to start avoiding this thread until then.
The norm is midnight Pacific time. But my experience last season (extreme nite owl that I am) was about 1-2 hours after that.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks. Good to know. Yeah, now that I think about it, I remember watching a couple episodes last season just past midnight.
The Collective
AG
Pretty jacked, but I'd like to watch it with the whole family. That feels like torture, because I'm off work tomorrow. Must find a project to distract myself while wife works and kids are at school.
YNWA_AG
AG
Or watch it twice
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I set my alarm for 2 or 3 last year CDT to watch it on my phone in the middle of the night. But you have to make sure you let the episode run all the way to the end or your family will know you lied to them when you said you waited until Friday night to all watch it together.
amercer
AG
Excited for this. I'd be down for some tie ins to Rebels, but I really hope the stay away from the movies. Make the universe bigger, and play in it. That's all you have to do, Disney.
redline248
AG
So, Ahsoka isn't showing up til episode 8, huh?
TCTTS
AG
The *end* of episode eight. After piecing together a map to Ashoka provided by R2 in a cameo appearance, Mondo finally finds her on a distant, remote island, approaches her - she turns, scowling - Mondo extends his arms, offers her Baby Yoda, and we CUT TO BLACK.
redline248
AG
Exactly
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Imdb listing it as a 40 min episode fwiw

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.