*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,584 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Typically updated the day of the episode. Olyphant and Fett both appeared that afternoon on IMDB last week.
Dro07
AG
got it! Thanks
PatAg
AG
I didn't realize this was the first episode Favreau directed, I thought he did 1 or 2 in season 1.
jokershady
AG
PatAg said:

I didn't realize this was the first episode Favreau directed, I thought he did 1 or 2 in season 1.
IIRC all 3 different directors from S1 were the 3 X-wing pilots at the end of episode 6.
redline248
AG
jokershady said:

PatAg said:

IIRC all 3 different directors from S1 were the 3 X-wing pilots at the end of episode 6.
There were more than 3. Taika and Howard also directed episodes.
Ag Since 83
AG
Returning directors for season 2: Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa

New directors: Favreau, Peyton Reed, Robert Rodriguez, Carl Weathers

My guess is Famuyiwa, Favreau, or Filoni takes a second episode
fig96
AG
I'm excited to see what a Rodriguez ep will be like.
CincyAg
AG
Can anyone explain why TV shows have multiple directors? Seems like it should make things less consistent episode to episode, but that usually isn't the case.
Ambres
AG
Wow .. what a great episode.. so much goodness .. even love how they made the Krayt Dragons .. My 14 year old son was engross w/ the episode and watched it 2 more times.

Looking to what Favreau and Filoni has done.. fire Kennedy now and just have Favreau and Filoni tag team the franchise.. they get it.

Filoni can run the TV and Favreau can run the Movie Franchise and have them work together to build the franchise back up.
Ambres
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Returning directors for season 2: Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa

Carl Weathers directing .. that will be fun. I am actually pretty excited to see how he frames the show.
bluefire579
AG
CincyAg said:

Can anyone explain why TV shows have multiple directors? Seems like it should make things less consistent episode to episode, but that usually isn't the case.
It's a time thing. Allows you to work on multiple episodes at once. So while episode 1 is in editing with director A, episode 2 is being filmed by director B. That consistency is the reason you have a showrunner who guides the ultimate vision of the show.
Duncan Idaho
Now you take this home, throw it in an editor, add some cgi, a soundtrack. Baby,you got an Emmy going.
dave94
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Now you take this home, throw it in an editor, add some cgi, a soundtrack. Baby,you got an Emmy going.
fig96
AG
Also workload. Directing a film that's a few hours is a monumental task, now multiply that times 5 or 10 and put it on a shorter timeline and that's just not a fun situation.
TCTTS
AG
CincyAg said:

It's the insane production schedule. Typically, one episode is being written while another is being prepped to shoot while another is shooting while another is being edited. It's too much for one director to oversee at once. He/she can't be directing one episode and then simultaneously overseeing the prep and writing and editing of three other episodes. That's why every series has a "showrunner," who's the real person in charge. Their primary job the head writer, overseeing the creative vision of the show, but they also oversee every other facet of production. Because they don't have to be in the director's chair all day shooting, or in the editing bay all day editing, when they're not writing, they'll drop by the set, drop by wardrobe, drop by editing to see the latest cut of an episode, etc. They work hand-in-hand with the producers to basically oversee the entire production, while, in TV, directors typically oversee a single episode.

The directors that *do* end up directing all episodes of, say, an eight-episode limited series basically treat all eight episodes as a single, eight-hour movie, and are usually showrunner as well. All the episodes are written before the entire series moves into pre-production and then the entire series shoots at once and then the entire series is edited at once.
TCTTS
AG
You answered much more concisely as I was typing.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Ambres said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Carl Weathers directing .. that will be fun. I am actually pretty excited to see how he frames the show.

?itemid=15364320
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ambres said:

Ag Since 83 said:

It's all in the hips.
DallasTeleAg
The Fake Doctors, Real Friends (Scrubs) podcast went into some great detail on what a Showrunner is and how directors work together throughout a series in their first season. Was very interesting and a window into a world I knew nothing about.

The Showrunner or chosen director usually does the first episode or few to establish the tone of the show before the other directors start to take up the reins.
Kate Beckett
AG
Has anyone heard how long tomorrow's episode is going to be?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Not listed yet, but Sasha Banks, Carl Weathers, Gina Carrano, and Giancarlo Esposito are all listed in the cast on IMDB for this one, along with Kyle Pacek, who is a 4'6 actor playing a bounty hunter. That should be interesting!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mixed up Sasha Banks with Sasha Grey and was really confused for a second.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ralph mcquarries giant spider from dagobah brought to life! Dont watch this episode with the lights off!
tk for tu juan
Eggcellent episode
Kate Beckett
AG
I am terrified of spiders so this episode was my worst nightmare.
sburg2007
Run time?
FearNoWeevil
AG
42 minutes
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Luke Skywalker could have told them to GTFO!

Also seemed like a shoutout to the Kinrath cave on Dantooine in Knights of the old Republic. These quasi-spiders laid their eggs in very similar fashion to the thing BY couldn't stop eating. Some contained infant Kinrath, others contained crystals for lightsabers.

FearNoWeevil
AG
This episode reminded me to update my transponder...errrr...registration, on my old truck.
Ag Since 83
AG
I really liked this episode.

Baby Yoda gets up to some serious mischief with not good consequences
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The spiders attacking Baby Yoda in the cockpit made me way more upset than I should have been watching a puppet being attacked by CGI.

Cool they let the X-Wing pilots be the heroes instead of just a couple of narcs harassing our Mando, and the call back to the Prison Ship episode, which remains my favorite.

Assuming Episode 3 will get us back to our main plot, This season is going 180 degrees from the last one where the first 3 episodes were all the main arc, then the next 3 were all basically one-offs.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This article made me laugh.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-2-tusken-raiders-native-americans/amp
redline248
AG
Champ Bailey said:

This article made me laugh.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-2-tusken-raiders-native-americans/amp

Quote:

Ewoks are indigenous to Endor, but they're shown as adorable helpers to the Rebel cause.

Shows what this author knows. They tried to cook and eat Han Solo!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Chapter 10 thoughts:

Opening scene was fire.

So many great BY moments.

The CGI in this show continues to amaze me.

Laughed at the X-Wings trying to pull him over like Cops.

Loved the Alien vibe of all the eggs hatching.

Probably in the bottom half of Mandalorian eps overall for me, just due to no movement in main story, but still very enjoyable.

Didn't someone say Carl Weathers and Gina Carano were in this one?
The Collective
AG
Why didn't Mando skinny dip with lizard mom?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.