*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,582 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
djmeen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm sorry, this is just incorrect.

You realize Kennedy is a producer, right? Not a director. Not a writer. Her job is literally to hire the right people and approve the right projects.

She absolutely gets credit for this just as she does for everything that's happened in the Disney era.

Agree to disagree.

She's a walking epitome of what's wrong with big companies. Leaders promoted beyond their capabilities who milk any lightning in a bottle success they can stumble upon from the people beneath them while avoiding being held accountable for the messes they create.

Favreau and his team have been amazing. Kennedy has been a bad steward of this property.

But go ahead and keep whatever candles on you may have on the Kennedy altar, and I'll keep the voodoo doll out on mine.
I don't think you understand what a producer is.

I can live in a reality where she ****ed up and has also had success because I don't live in a weird reality where everything is in binary.

She did her job poorly with the ST

She did her job excellently working with Filoni and Favreau here.
amercer
AG
It does make you wonder why they bother to keep putting blast doors on the ships.
djmeen95
AG
Saxsoon said:

djmeen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You realize Kennedy is a producer, right? Not a director. Not a writer. Her job is literally to hire the right people and approve the right projects.

She absolutely gets credit for this just as she does for everything that's happened in the Disney era.

Agree to disagree.

She's a walking epitome of what's wrong with big companies. Leaders promoted beyond their capabilities who milk any lightning in a bottle success they can stumble upon from the people beneath them while avoiding being held accountable for the messes they create.

Favreau and his team have been amazing. Kennedy has been a bad steward of this property.

But go ahead and keep whatever candles on you may have on the Kennedy altar, and I'll keep the voodoo doll out on mine.

I can live in a reality where she ****ed up and has also had success because I don't live in a weird reality where everything is in binary.

I don't think you understand what agree to disagree means. Lol.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
amercer said:

It does make you wonder why they bother to keep putting blast doors on the ships.

plot tension
AggieDub14
AG
I believe his point was, no he won't agree to disagree because you're wrong.
djmeen95
AG
Not wrong. Just a different opinion than him.
AggieDub14
AG
You're cherry picking the bad she did while ignoring the good she did. It isn't an opinion. It's you being obtuse and wrong.
DallasTeleAg
I'm sorry... yall are spending your time arguing about that stupid crap when THIS exists in the world, now?

djmeen95
AG
AggieDub14 said:

You're cherry picking the bad she did while ignoring the good she did. It isn't an opinion. It's you being obtuse and wrong.

No. Kennedy is a woman. Fact. If I disagreed with that I would be wrong. Kennedy being over her head leading the star wars universe is an opinion. If you disagree then that's your opinion. So stop being obtuse.
Saxsoon
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I'm sorry... yall are spending your time arguing about that stupid crap when THIS exists in the world, now?

Thank you Kathy!
AggieDub14
AG
Funny thing is I completely agree she shouldn't be in her position and is in over her head. But to say she deserves no credit for The Mandalorian is false. It is factually inaccurate.
DallasTeleAg
Had to GIF my favorite move in the entire fight. Just look at how he flows from one move to the next.

TCTTS
AG
djmeen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agree to disagree.

Congratulations on having one of the dumbest takes not only on this thread, but on the entire Entertainment board, which is saying something.

Here are just a few of Kennedy's producing credits over her nearly 40-year producing career...

E.T.
Poltergeist
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Gremlins
The Goonies
The Back to the Future Trilogy
Empire of the Sun
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Jurassic Park Trilogy
Schindler's List
Twister
The Sixth Sense
Signs
Seabiscuit
Munich
Lincoln

Lighting in a bottle success? Stumbling career? Messes made? Prior to running Lucasfilm, she easily boasted one of the most stellar producing careers in all of movie history. In 2012, considering her decades-long relationship with Lucas, she made just as much sense to lead the company as anyone, and was hand-picked by Lucas himself. From there, no doubt, she got the sequel trilogy wrong (which, for the 400th time, I would argue was just as much Bob Iger's fault for forcing the 2015 release date), and she had some bad luck with a couple of director choices as well (though, ANYONE would have gone with Gareth Edwards post-Godzilla and Lord & Miller with the hot streak they continue to be on). But to call her "promoted beyond her capabilities" is just utterly asinine.

And look, I've been just as vocal in my critiques of Kennedy over the years. But like others here are saying, you can't lay only the blame on her and not the praise. Kennedy and Kennedy alone greenlit The Mandalorian. She's heard probably well over a hundred pitches from writers during her eight-year tenure at Lucasfilm, and SHE picked it out of the bunch, SHE empowered Favreau, and SHE elevated Filoni to work alongside him. And she did this all on a massive, unproven platform, in a medium Star Wars had never occupied (live-action television), while making it with technology that didn't exist prior (the volume). For The Mandalorian to be the massive success it's been, while also being the first of its kind in myriad ways, you HAVE to give Kennedy credit for such a pioneering effort. She's not without her faults, but I would argue that her decisions are the primary reasons this show - and now the entire franchise - has and will likely continue to be a runaway hit at such a crucial, uncharted, paradigm-shifting moment for movies and television.
kyledr04
AG
I looked at this thread early this morning and saw the first posts of people saying they're crying. I closed it without finding out anything. Then finally got to watch tonight.

Amazing. When the lone x wing showed up I thought it must be Luke but still doubted. Enjoyed it so much. Easily the best Star Wars content since the 80s. Can't wait to watch again tomorrow with my 5yo son.

Also unsure where they go from here but Jon and Dave got it covered.
cav14
Saxsoon said:

Spot on that there was a reason all of them were there. Wondered what happened to the other dude mando that was with Bo last time we saw her.

I was wondering this the minute we only saw Bo and the WWE chick in the beginning. Then right when the 4 women started kicking ass it then hit me that the male mandolarion was conviently left out just so we can have a girl power moment. So even though this didnt feel as forced as the girl power moment in Endgame, it was still forced.
Rudyjax
AG
XXXVII said:

Any chance they just forget 7, 8, and 9 ever happened and take this story with Luke a whole other direction?
I wish.

Why the **** didn't they hire Favreau to do 7-9.
djmeen95
AG
Look. If it'll make everyone go back to just talking about Luke in this episode I'll say Kennedy is amazing, ok?

She's a damn godsend and I'm blessed to live in a world where she was put in charge of Star Wars.

Better?

Most asinine thing on the entertainment board. I wish I could lay claim to that... lol.

Rudyjax
AG
cav14 said:

Saxsoon said:

Spot on that there was a reason all of them were there. Wondered what happened to the other dude mando that was with Bo last time we saw her.

I was wondering this the minute we only saw Bo and the WWE chick in the beginning. Then right when the 4 women started kicking ass it then hit me that the male mandolarion was conviently left out just so we can have a girl power moment. So even though this didnt feel as forced as the girl power moment in Endgame, it was still forced.
I didn't think of girl power at all. I just thought about how hot I find Starbuck even with a mandolorian mask.
wangus12
AG
Don't forget Bo Katan has been on the losing and winning sides when it comes to Jedi
wangus12
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

amercer said:

plot tension

Sure they provide extra armor and shielding, but they're obvious use is to close to protect the bridge in case of hull breach and depressurization
thejavelina

TCTTS
i is smart
AG
Mando not being able to hand over the Dark Saber seems like a plot hole to me. I thought Sabine basically gave it up to Bo-Katan. Did Moff Gideon gaslight Mando into not being able to give it up willingly? Perhaps Bo not being the rightful owner is why she lost it. Is this some Harry Potter stuff ala The Elder Wand?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You don't get to "disagree" with facts.
AggieDub14
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

Mando not being able to hand over the Dark Saber seems like a plot hole to me. I thought Sabine basically gave it up to Bo-Katan. Did Moff Gideon gaslight Mando into not being able to give it up willingly? Perhaps Bo not being the rightful owner is why she lost it.

She took it once and Mandalore fell. She doesn't want to repeat that mistake.
AggieDub14
AG
cav14 said:

Saxsoon said:

It was a strong woman moment and it was badass. As Frenchie says, Girls do get it done.
i is smart
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

Mando not being able to hand over the Dark Saber seems like a plot hole to me. I thought Sabine basically gave it up to Bo-Katan. Did Moff Gideon gaslight Mando into not being able to give it up willingly? Perhaps Bo not being the rightful owner is why she lost it.

She took it once and Mandalore fell. She doesn't want to repeat that mistake.
I just don't understand how Gideon's speech seemed to keep her from taking it. It just seemed like her mission was to get it back from what we were presented. Please let me know if there's something I missed.
Dro07
AG
It's about honor. She can't take something she did not win in combat. So now she has to fight Mando to win it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Re: the girl power moment

I absolutely agree that THAT'S how you do one. And I know that because in the moment, it never even crossed my mind that it was all women, I just saw a bunch of badasses wrecking shop.

Wasn't till after that I realized, and kind of laughed to myself how badly Endgame had forced their scene.
i is smart
AG
dromo07 said:

It's about honor. She can't take something she did not win in combat. So now she has to fight Mando to win it
Did she realize that after she accepted it from Sabine?
Dro07
AG
It's been discussed on here. Sabine had a huge speech about how Bo was the person to bring everyone together. She accepted it and then lost it to Moff G. If she accepts it again she knows she isn't worthy.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
wangus12 said:

Don't forget Bo Katan has been on the losing and winning sides when it comes to Jedi
That's the sort of thing I'm in the dark about since I haven't seen much of the animated series (though I pick up on some of yall's comments).

I've been tempted to start Clone Wars or Rebels, i'm just not sure if I have the attention span to commit to another long series after all the TV I've watched this past year.
MandoArms
I think the key is what he said about "the power is in the story." Last time she took it was in front of all the clans where they could claim allegiance and agree to be ruled by her. This time the clans are scattered and in hiding. She needs to say she won it in combat and in order to convince the others to join her. Otherwise they will use it as a reason not to follow her and remain in hiding.
IG: mando_arms
PatAg
AG
djmeen95 said:

Saxsoon said:

djmeen95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Agree to disagree.

I don't think you understand what agree to disagree means. Lol.
She also ****ed up with hiring and then firing creative for Solo. She hired and then I guess fired? Benioff and Weiss (GoT guys).
I still think the strength of the Mandalorian (which has a lot of directors outside of just Favreau and Filoni) at the very least balances out the huge missteps early on.
Sometimes just finding the right creative team is the best a producer can do
Dro07
AG
They have episode guides for all the episodes to watch if you just want the mandalorian background if you don't wanna burn through 6 or so seasons

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.