*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,095 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Echo this. It's a super fun game. Story was really satisfying.
ABATTBQ11
AG
israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Also, Grace Randolph is saying they are looking to kill off Din and make Boba the new star. If that happens, **** Disney and I'm out. I hope she's full of crap.

Also, Israeli Ag is saying they are looking to kill off Miff Gideon and make Thrawn the new villain. If that happens, damn you Disney you son of a *****, I'm in. I hope he isn't full of crap.

Hahaha

Yes, that would be awesome.
Malachi Constant
AG
Beat40 said:

jeffk said:

We have small children, so we'll probably never not have a Disney+ sub. Personally, I kind of like having a couple of appointment viewing options back in my life. Never really knew that I'd miss that throwback feeling, but I do. Binging is fine and great and super convenient, but having a show or two I watch at a single point each week and then spend the rest of the week pondering or discussing with friends is fun for me.
The bolded part is the absolute truth. It's been great to ruminate on each episode afterward and discuss/read with you guys what could possibly happen in the next episode. I just wish my wife was into it so we could watch it together like we used to do with The Office and Parks and Rec before they went off the air.
I completely agree with you guys and I think we will eventually see some middle road on this from Netflix / Disney+ / HBO Max. I think the challenge is that they have so much content now, they can't risk not releasing the whole thing at once for fear of losing viewers week to week.

However, for the BIG releases (Stranger Things, Mandalorian, Westworld) they should make a month-long 'event' out of it.

Imagine logging into Netflix and seeing "June is Stranger Things Month"

Week 1: Release episodes 1-3 on Sunday night prime time
Week 2: Episodes 4-6 on Sunday night prime time
Week 3: Episodes 7-9 on Sunday night prime time
Week 4: Finale Week - release the last episode. Make this a big event.

This would align nicely with the discussion threads we already do on Texags (we spend too much time having an "episodes 1-3" thread or a "**SPOILERS** thread). Now we have a thread to discuss the episodes that have been released.

The internet traffic stays at a pretty steady rate throughout the week, the radio chatter has something new to talk about each week, not just trying to condense 12 hours of time into one segment.

There are two groups of people who aren't happy, 1 - those who love one episode at a time, and 2 - those who have enough time in their life to binge watch 12 hours of TV on a Saturday.

Otherwise, this approach leads to maximum excitement, maximum word-of-mouth, and maximum payoff by the time the finale comes out.
Malachi Constant
AG
In fact this approach could further insulate the streaming services from the "buy one month and dump" people. If you buy Netflix on June 1 so you can start watching Stranger Things, you're more likely to interact with Netflix and therefore retain your subscription.
redline248
AG
Is the microsoft offer only for Xbox, or something? It seems to be having an issue recognizing my PC as an applicable device...
jokershady
AG
First time I watched thought it was good......second time I watched it I realized, "damn this is stupid."
213 Grove
AG
redline248 said:

Is the microsoft offer only for Xbox, or something? It seems to be having an issue recognizing my PC as an applicable device...
Looks that way. I was about to buy it for PC however when you scroll down it says for XBOX
redline248
AG
213 Grove said:

redline248 said:

Looks that way. I was about to buy it for PC however when you scroll down it says for XBOX
Yep, had to do a refund. Dammit. It's like 60 bucks cheaper than on steam.
Thunder18
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is Fallen Order that great? I'm almost tempted to buy an Xbox to play it. I have no idea when I actually would have time to play it, but it looks like the most fun game and a great and beautiful story.

It's pretty fun
YNWA_AG
AG
TexAgBolter
AG
Can't believe I didn't realize Mando gave Moff the same speech the Moff gave earlier. Freaking awesome.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Can't believe I didn't realize Mando gave Moff the same speech the Moff gave earlier. Freaking awesome.

I caught because I had just rewatched season 1 with my eldest daughter
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Ol Jock 99
AG
Do y'all skip the "previously on..."?
TCTTS
AG
That's what I was wondering. They literally showed Gideon saying that line in the "previously on."
YouBet
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Also, Grace Randolph is saying they are looking to kill off Din and make Boba the new star. If that happens, **** Disney and I'm out. I hope she's full of crap.

Also, Israeli Ag is saying they are looking to kill off Miff Gideon and make Thrawn the new villain. If that happens, damn you Disney you son of a *****, I'm in. I hope he isn't full of crap.

Hahaha

Totally on board with this. Not a huge fan of Moff Gideon's character. I can't take him seriously for some reason. It seems like the scenes with him are a step down in production value.
EMY92
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

Maybe it's a thing where Pedro Pascal wants out - ala Harrison Ford and Han.
Pascal would be nuts to want out. It is a lifetime role that doesn't type-cast him because of the helmet. And honestly can't be that demanding time wise.
The helmet is likely the reason he wants out (if true). I read in the real news that he wasn't happy that his face is never shown.

He's not even the one in the armor most of the time.
TXTransplant
YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

Totally on board with this. Not a huge fan of Moff Gideon's character. I can't take him seriously for some reason. It seems like the scenes with him are a step down in production value.

He reminds me of someone (in appearance), but I can't for the life of me remember who.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
EMY92 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

Pascal would be nuts to want out. It is a lifetime role that doesn't type-cast him because of the helmet. And honestly can't be that demanding time wise.
The helmet is likely the reason he wants out (if true). I read in the real news that he wasn't happy that his face is never shown.

^that's what I'm getting at.... might not be happy with never being seen.

His other huge roles have been very much charismatic and visible - the Viper and Javier Pena and apparently in this Wonder Woman 1984 film too.

Also actors aren't thrilled with being masked up - actors want to ACT, emote, win awards, etc.... Mando ain't winning any acting awards. Not everyone is motivated by coasting through something easy for a paycheck.

As i said when i posted. it. Nothing would surprise me.
Decay
AG
TXTransplant said:

YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

He reminds me of someone (in appearance), but I can't for the life of me remember who.
Like that guy from Breaking Bad, or the CEO of Vaught from The Boys?
Dro07
AG
Where are the rumors of Mando wanting to bolt coming from?

Side note I think Thrawn will be Ahsoka villain and not Mandos.
Quad Dog
AG
I like to think of him as Buggin Out from Do The Right Thing.
TXTransplant
Decay said:

TXTransplant said:

YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

I knew someone would say that. And no, I googled the actor. I haven't seen him in anything before (and haven't seen those shows) .

He reminds me of someone, I think from the 80s or 90s.
Claude!
TXTransplant said:

Decay said:

TXTransplant said:

YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

I knew someone would say that. And no, I googled the actor. I haven't seen him in anything before (and haven't seen those shows) .

Gregory Hines, maybe? Kinda similar eyes.
YouBet
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

EMY92 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

^that's what I'm getting at.... might not be happy with never being seen.

His other huge roles have been very much charismatic and visible - the Viper and Javier Pena and apparently in this Wonder Woman 1984 film too.

Also actors aren't thrilled with being masked up - actors want to ACT, emote, win awards, etc.... Mando ain't winning any acting awards. Not everyone is motivated by coasting through something easy for a paycheck.

As i said when i posted. it. Nothing would surprise me.

If he really wants out then this leads to the logical conclusion that he will sacrifice his life to save Baby Yoda.

If you agree with me and I'm correct, then I will take this opportunity to offer you, in advance, a libation to celebrate the closing of our shared narrative.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Sure... I agree since there appears to be no downside to doing so.
TXTransplant
Claude! said:

TXTransplant said:

Decay said:

TXTransplant said:

YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

Gregory Hines, maybe? Kinda similar eyes.

Definitely remember Gregory Hines, and I don't think that's who I'm thinking of. But who knows. It's just not coming to me.
thejavelina
Just a little diversion until the next episode. An updating of Marty Robbins' classic "Big Iron":

YouBet
AG
TXTransplant said:

Decay said:

TXTransplant said:

YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

Darth Vader...Moff Gideon...Juan Williams

It's starting to come together for me.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did anyone catch that Bill Burr's character was actually in Season 1?
TXTransplant
My memory keeps sending me an image of a droll/somber character, maybe a villain or maybe not, dressed in white.

It's the elongated face and hooded/baggy eyes that seem familiar.
YouBet
AG
TXTransplant said:

My memory keeps sending me an image of a droll/somber character, maybe a villain or maybe not, dressed in white.

It's the elongated face and hooded/baggy eyes that seem familiar.

TXTransplant
Haha...no, it's definitely another dark-skinned actor.

BTW: Cara Dune totally gives off a Mariska Hargitay in SVU vibe.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Do y'all skip the "previously on..."?

Oh hell yeah. Always skip that ***** So glad somebody posted that tweet though. It. Was. Awesome.
The Collective
AG
I enjoy the differences in the speech. Gideon reduces the child by using the pronoun "it". Mando refers to Grogu as "he". It is little things like this that I like about this show.
Beat40
YouBet said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

israeliag said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Hahaha

But the music that plays in his scenes is freaking awesome. The bass kind of hip hop vibe. I love it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.