*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,586 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A producer is definitely the same level of visibility as a leading role in a series actress.

It's not hard. She is employed in the entertainment industry. She did **** they didnt like, was asked to stop, and decided to double down and keep going. Job is gone. That's how it works.
The Collective
AG
I could fight about the politics of it all, but honestly... I won't miss her character. Give me Cobb or other Mandalorians if Mando needs a sidekick for a few episodes.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

A producer is definitely the same level of visibility as a leading role in a series actress.

It's not hard. She is employed in the entertainment industry. She did **** they didnt like, was asked to stop, and decided to double down and keep going. Job is gone. That's how it works if you are a Conservative.

FIFY
EarlyAg07
AG
So, Cara Dune will no longer return. Which means there is now a vacant marshal post. If only, there was someone in the SW universe we've seen, that could be justified taking that spot and more screen time next season?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'd say this is about equally offensive. Probably more.

Should Pedro be fired?

Wow.

So, calling Trump voters (i.e. me) Nazis gets a pass from society?

We are definitely in a pretty f-ed up world with this new administration. I think we are finding out who the real fascists are....
This one ticks me off in much the same way that those tards in the sip band doing Seig Heil every time the FTAB marched did.

I don't think anyone should lose their job for espousing their beliefs, but you know, it occurs to me that if it is okay to can this "actress" (I will agree that she sucks in such a capacity), then it would be far easier to replace an actor who for 99% of his on-screen time is wearing a freaking helmet that covers his entire face.
bluefire579
AG
The Debt said:

bluefire579 said:

Literally hasn't had a credit since 2019, the year that tweet went up, and hasn't had a Disney credit since 2017

So still connected to disney, not fired, just on probation.

Thanks for proving my point.
He hasn't been working on a project for Disney, in fact, he's only ever worked on a single one for them. There's nothing to fire him from. It's not like they're keeping him on a paycheck until the next movie rolls around, that's not how it works.

Gina Carano was a recurring character on an active series, so she could be fired.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

It's not hard. She is employed in the entertainment industry. She did **** they didnt like, was asked to stop, and decided to double down and keep going. Job is gone. That's how it works if you are a Conservative.

FIFY
Isn't that implied in my statement? Far left actors aren't generally going to be making statements that go against the grain. They obviously tweet and say crazy **** too, it's just crazy **** they are ok with for the most part.
It's not a hard concept.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

FIFY
Isn't that implied in my statement? Far left actors aren't generally going to be making statements that go against the grain. They obviously tweet and say crazy **** too, it's just crazy **** they are ok with for the most part.
It's not a hard concept.

Against the hollywood grain sure which 50% of this country endorses..

But against the grain of the other 50% of the country - no problem.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

FIFY
It's not a hard concept.

Against the hollywood grain sure which 50% of this country endorses..

But against the grain of the other 50% of the country - no problem.

Why are you being so obtuse about this?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Real question is how do they get rid of her character. Maybe it comes out that she lied about being from Alderan and she is really for a planet known to be Imperial sympathizers and she gets canceled on the show.
Saxsoon
AG
Shai-Hulud said:

Real question is how do they get rid of her character. Maybe it comes out that she lied about being from Alderan and she is really for a planet known to be Imperial sympathizers and she gets canceled on the show.

It's real easy, she goes back to just patrolling areas. Hers is quite literally the easiest to write out
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Rudyjax
AG
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."George Santayana,

I posted this on my facebook page. i have friends from far left and far right.

They all agreed.

Both sides are scared by the other side and this is what has gotten us to this mess in this country.
fig96
AG
bluefire579 said:

Literally hasn't had a credit since 2019, the year that tweet went up, and hasn't had a Disney credit since 2017
Also probably a pretty valid point to note that he apologized quite quickly, took it down and talked about how it was the dumbest thing he'd ever done.
Fenrir
Is your argument that people should accept the double standard?

Otherwise I'm not really sure what distinction your argument is attempting to make.
fig96
AG
So now that we're apparently the politics board (welcome new posters!), people seem to be giving a pass on the obvious here.

There's a rather large difference between hating someone for an opinion they have vs hating someone because of their ethnicity. It's not a valid comparison.

I don't necessarily think what she posted was intended as anti-semitic, but at best it's a comparison in really bad taste about a sensitive subject and oh yeah that happens to be the ethnic group that funds a large amount of Hollywood.
Mr. White
What about the Nazi comparison here?

https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/1009572721548595201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1359875779652386816%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F16

And he wasn't fired (or not hired)
PatAg
AG
I don't agree with firing her, but she also knew what would likely happen by continuing to do it.
She isn't being arrested, and she can still work as an actress. She just got fired because she explicitly did something her employer did not want her to do, that in their minds can harm their brand.

I'm not even saying you can't be upset about it, or I didn't intend to be if it came across that way.

I don't really understand people's obsession with caring what celebrities politics are in the first place. Especially actors, you are literally watching them pretend to be other people. Who cares who they are privately.

The picture Pedro posted is the same kind of **** you see other morons tweeting and thinking they are being extremely clever. I'm still going to enjoy the Mandalorian, I don't watch it to inform my view of the world. If Disney thought that would harm their brand, he would be fired too (would be harder since he is the main character, but that's just another thing that factors into it)

Texaggie7nine
TCTTS said:

If you have political issues with this, that's one thing. But if your enthusiasm is killed simply because she'll no longer be involved, I don't know what to tell you. IMO, she's always been a terrible actress, since we first saw her in Haywire back in 2011, and I cringed nearly every time she showed up in Mando. Creatively, I could not care less if she isn't in future seasons.
Politically, I think it's stupid to remove her. But I completely agree, she was no good actress at all. I would definitely not want any star wars project with her as a main character, and I'm not that sad to not have to see her acting in Mando any more.
7nine
PatAg
AG
The real question is, do they recast the character, have her die off screen, or just drop her from any storylines and don't adress it.
Mr. White
"So now that we're apparently the politics board..."

Just like sports, the entertainment industry has turned itself political.
YouBet
AG
Welcome to the Mando off season!

The bottom line is that there is a double standard being applied here. We all know it. We all see it every day. There are uncountable examples at this point.

Denying that is to deny the holocaust.

(Oooh, you see what I did there?!)
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I was about to post something about this whole mess when I realized I don't give a f about Gina Carano or her character and liberal hypocrisy just raises my blood pressure so I think I'm going to avoid this thread for awhile.
Old Tom Morris
bluefire579 said:

Old Tom Morris said:

Her comments were falsely stretched into anti-semitic nonsense. Enjoy your corner tho
Do you even watch the show? Don't recall you participating in any discussion here before.

And like I said, it was inflammatory whether you consider it anti-Semitic or not. She has posted inflammatory things in the past. It's a pattern of behavior that does damage to the brand, and that leads to people getting fired. But I'm sure you're perfectly fine with the government telling private businesses what to do.

LOL. Yes, I watch the show.

And your last point is completely baseless idiocy. I'm just calling out nonsense when I see it and that this cancel crap is ridiculously out of control. Especially when they have to make **** up to do it
Rudyjax
AG
Mr. White
PatAg said:

I don't agree with firing her, but she also knew what would likely happen by continuing to do it.
She isn't being arrested, and she can still work as an actress. She just got fired because she explicitly did something her employer did not want her to do, that in their minds can harm their brand.

I'm not even saying you can't be upset about it, or I didn't intend to be if it came across that way.

I don't really understand people's obsession with caring what celebrities politics are in the first place. Especially actors, you are literally watching them pretend to be other people. Who cares who they are privately.

The picture Pedro posted is the same kind of **** you see other morons tweeting and thinking they are being extremely clever. I'm still going to enjoy the Mandalorian, I don't watch it to inform my view of the world. If Disney thought that would harm their brand, he would be fired too (would be harder since he is the main character, but that's just another thing that factors into it)

It's the hypocrisy that's maddening, not what they're posting (unless you're in charge of Star Wars). We've all come to accept that the vast majority of actors are.....off. That's what gives them the talent to do what they do.
Mathguy64
AG
Arguably her character arc could be considered complete. The Grogu story arc itself seems complete with Luke taking him. They have a chance to reboot in some sense and give Mando another 2 year story to thread. If he moves to a different set or worlds its easy to never see her again.
ChipFTAC01
AG
The real question is can we bait Amy Sedaris into tweeting something comparing Uncle Joe Biden to Uncle Joe Stalin so maybe she can get kicked off the show.
fig96
AG
Mr. White said:

And just like sports, something said by people who have never paid much attention to either.

While I don't love the political discussion here because it tends to derail things, I'm more than happy to discuss it as it relates to entertainment with posters who I may disagree with but have a vested interest in the subject. It's those currently making their first posts here that I visibly sigh at.
bluefire579
AG
Mr. White said:

Like sports, when has there not been politics at play?
fig96
AG
PatAg said:

I think a few other factors play in here as well.

Pedro has posted some inflammatory things, but he's also targeting a group that routinely says things just as awful about Hollywood. He's also calling out a belief system or actions, whereas Carano literally asked what the difference was between persecuting Jews and Conservatives.

We also all know that Hollywood skews left and happens to be largely funded by the ethnic group she posted at best things in very poor taste about. Not a good idea.

When an entire industry is very aware of diversity and inclusion (whatever your opinion of that might be) you can't go around comparing political beliefs to ethnic cleansing (even if it wasn't a direct comparison) when you've already got a history of unpopular opinions like Carano did.

I don't necessarily think she should've been fired, but I understand why she was.
Malachi Constant
AG
I actually liked her character - a Republic Commando from Alderaan was a perfect connection to the OT.

Yeah her acting was bad, but I think she was chosen mostly for her capability of looking light a legitimate fighter. Her MMA background was why she was chosen, not acting chops.

Interested to see what they do with her from here.

Interested to see how this standard is upheld across the political spectrum by Disney! (LOL I think we know how that will turn out...)
Rudyjax
AG
Meanwhile, in the real world:

Let's put some perspective on millionaires fighting with billionaires.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

The real question is can we bait Amy Sedaris into tweeting something comparing Uncle Joe Biden to Uncle Joe Stalin so maybe she can get kicked off the show.
throw in Uncle Ben's Rice and you have something
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
bluefire579 said:

Mr. White said:

Like sports, when has there not been politics at play?

When people thought they weren't role models
cajunaggie08
AG
Mr. White said:

so I see you are in favor of discontinuing playing the national anthem before sporting events as well

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.