*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,578 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My biggest takeaway is the SAVAGERY of Boba Fett fighting the stormtroopers, especially when he started winding up the Gaffi stick and beating the bejesus out of them. I couldn't wait to see who was directing such brilliance and had a big grin on my face at the end when I saw Robert Rodriguez's name flash across. OF COURSE!
Felt the same way here. The Ewoks beating them with stones was child's play next to Boba swinging the stick and straight up caving the stormtrooper armor in. Definitely a level of savagery we haven't seen in Star Wars...you know RR pushed it exactly as far as they'd allow him to.
Mayor West
AG
bluefire579 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

My biggest takeaway is the SAVAGERY of Boba Fett fighting the stormtroopers, especially when he started winding up the Gaffi stick and beating the bejesus out of them. I couldn't wait to see who was directing such brilliance and had a big grin on my face at the end when I saw Robert Rodriguez's name flash across. OF COURSE!
Felt the same way here. The Ewoks beating them with stones was child's play next to Boba swinging the stick and straight up caving the stormtrooper armor in. Definitely a level of savagery we haven't seen in Star Wars...you know RR pushed it exactly as far as they'd allow him to.

I was wondering if Pedro was having any GoT flashbacks
Dro07
AG
Can we redo everything after Mando and start over with these guys at the helm? Purdy Pulease?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The great shot line by Boba comes straight from The Magnificent 7 where Britt shoots a bandit off his horse at a distance.

Chico:
Ah, that was the greatest shot I've ever seen.

Britt:
The worst! I was aiming at the horse.
jeffk
wiggythump
AG
dromo07 said:

Can we redo everything after Mando and start over with these guys at the helm? Purdy Pulease?
Holy crap yes! This Mando is EXACTLY how Star Wars is supposed to feel.
The Collective
AG
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

Has the run time for the final 2 episodes been released yet? There's a lot left to do in 2 episodes with getting Bill Burr's character and making a rescue attempt on Grogu. Even more if they develop Ahsoka's story even a little.

Starting to feel like they cliffhanger the hell out of this thing, and it is going to suck.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is the way.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
When I saw the title of the episode was "The Tragedy" I had no idea it would refer to the Razorcrest.

R.I.P

Oh, and this wasn't a true Robert Rodriguez work...

Danny Trejo wasn't in it.
Claude!
Pedro Pascal looks like Bizarro Quentin Tarantino. All of the features that make Tarantino look weird--the brown, the nose, the chin--Pascal takes and turns into something that's reasonably handsome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I got nervous for Grogu when I say "the tragedy".. Shudder to think of my daughter's reaction tonight when he gets captured and zapped.

In real life, Temeura turns SIXTY on the day after Christmas. His current Lady Fett is 34.

twilly
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Danny Trejo wasn't in it.
We'll likely find out that Trejo was the trooper that fired on Grogu at the end
CrottyKid
AG
Havent read this thread today for fear of spoilers, but my Disney+ is down!!!!! Nooooooo!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Imagine going back in time a few years to show your younger Star Wars nerd self this picture.

I cannot overstate how bad ass this camera angle and physical acting is.

Activate the Iron Legion!

Why does he need Migs to track down Gideon? Because he's ex-Imperial?
twilly
AG
Two things about this episode that have me going hmmm....

1. Boba Fett exclaiming surprise at the Imperial cruiser showing up after fighting a load of Stormtroopers for 15 minutes. Guess he thought the troopers were independent contractors.

2. What happened to Mando's jet pack. He took it off, but we never see it again. Rechecked the fight scene and doesn't look like it's destroyed. Even at the end of the show, he still isn't wearing it. It seems it would have been faster to grab his jet pack and fly to the top instead of running all the way up.

Still awesome episode, however.
The Debt
Its already been demonstrated that his jetpack has a self return ability linked to his wrist command. Seems like the writing just got sloppy to allow for BY to get abducted.
The Debt
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

Has the run time for the final 2 episodes been released yet? There's a lot left to do in 2 episodes with getting Bill Burr's character and making a rescue attempt on Grogu. Even more if they develop Ahsoka's story even a little.
No more Razorcrest with the pre-imperial code to sneak onto Rebel prison ships
The Debt
MuckRaker96 said:

Apache
AG
I always thought of Pedro Pascal as the Latino Burt Reynolds
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Debt said:

Its already been demonstrated that his jetpack has a self return ability linked to his wrist command. Seems like the writing just got sloppy to allow for BY to get abducted.
Yes, but when he used it the first time, he clearly manipulated something on it to activate that function. He didn't do the same thing the second time. Sloppy VIEWING if you ask me.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Debt said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I remember these guys being a big pain in the ass in the PC game Dark Forces back in the mid-90's.
NC2001
AG
Just watched the episode. O.M.F.G.!!! I need to re-watch this episode of awesomeness!

The opening scene where Mando was repeating Grogu's name and watching his reaction was hilarious. I wonder who Grogu was reaching out to while in the barrier...
Dro07
AG
So Cylons are now canon?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
That's was perfect
texasaggie04
AG
I love how the same actor who played Jango in the prequel trilogy came back to play Boba now. That's a great touch.

Also could somebody explain to me why he's alive? I guess I assumed he died when he was eaten alive in Episode V.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
texasaggie04 said:

I guess I assumed he died when he was eaten alive in Episode V.

GET OUT.
JAggie2007
AG
texasaggie04 said:

I love how the same actor who played Jango in the prequel trilogy came back to play Boba now. That's a great touch.

Also could somebody explain to me why he's alive? I guess I assumed he died when he was eaten alive in Episode V.
I'm pretty sure its already been posted in this thread, but here we go.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG

Kids found this on amazon music today and couldn't wait to show me when I got home.
The Debt
texasaggie04 said:

Ah yes when he was eaten alive on Bespin
The Debt
GiveEmHellBill said:

The Debt said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I remember these guys being a big pain in the ass in the PC game Dark Forces back in the mid-90's.

I preferred DF2 and the jedi fights
JAggie2007
AG
The Debt said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

The Debt said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I was always partial to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast on PC. This was largely influenced to being able to go into the console and change lightsaber colors and have realistic lightsaber damage that would cut off and cauterize limbs. Also liked being able to use light and dark side powers.
Apache
AG
Jet pack was connected via Bluetooth to his ship.
Ship being blown up so he lost connection.
TXTransplant
twilly said:

Two things about this episode that have me going hmmm....

1. Boba Fett exclaiming surprise at the Imperial cruiser showing up after fighting a load of Stormtroopers for 15 minutes. Guess he thought the troopers were independent contractors.

2. What happened to Mando's jet pack. He took it off, but we never see it again. Rechecked the fight scene and doesn't look like it's destroyed. Even at the end of the show, he still isn't wearing it. It seems it would have been faster to grab his jet pack and fly to the top instead of running all the way up.

Still awesome episode, however.

I kept wondering what happened to the jet pack and why Mando didn't grab it and fly up to the peak instead of running.

Details like that always distract me.
bluefire579
AG
JAggie2007 said:

The Debt said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

The Debt said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I was always partial to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast on PC. This was largely influenced to being able to go into the console and change lightsaber colors and have realistic lightsaber damage that would cut off and cauterize limbs. Also liked being able to use light and dark side powers.
Since we seem to basically be going in order, Jedi Academy was always the one I enjoyed the most.
dave94
AG
At first I thought that, but he definitely panicked and just ran. Or maybe it takes some time to reattach the pack?

I'm making excuses of course. Because that episode was freaking badass. I do assume he'll have it going forward.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.