*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,102 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dumb question.

Do X wings have an unlimited fuel source?

I always see them getting "gassed up" but they can travel across the universe and back and no one ever talks about refueling.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CoachRTM said:

Dumb question.

Do X wings have an unlimited fuel source?

I always see them getting "gassed up" but they can travel across the universe and back and no one ever talks about refueling.
They can travel 140 light years per decagrid of coaxium, but there are obvious variables like gravitational pull and spatial decay.
OnlyForNow
AG
What about ammo.

It seems like Dune's Light Machine Gun got jammed as a bit of humor, but it has definitive ammo drums on either side of the "receiver".

What kind of ammo do laser blasters take "?
Decay
AG
I think logistics are intentionally vague.

Another thing I think they messed up in TLJ. I actually love stuff like that (see Battlestar Galactica making whole arcs about fuel, food, maintaining the fleet etc) but it just isn't a part of the Star Wars universe. Kinda like the whole midichlorians thing. Better left vague.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OnlyForNow said:

What about ammo.

It seems like Dune's Light Machine Gun got jammed as a bit of humor, but it has definitive ammo drums on either side of the "receiver".

The core is a substrate of dithlium crystals with a covalent bond of hyperneuron particles to account for weapons that are single-shot, spray, or repeaters.
C@LAg
OnlyForNow said:

What about ammo.

from older canon:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Blaster/Legends#Ammunition
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
combat wombat said:

Do they have a john?

Puts on nerd glasses...

Achtually in the books the Jedi were able to go into a sort of Jedi/force controlled coma state to preserve energy and make long journeys..
combat wombat™
AG
Why does Luke need to worry about fuel for his xwing? If he runs out, can't he harness the force to propel it through space?
C@LAg
combat wombat said:

Why does Luke need to worry about fuel for his xwing? If he runs out, can't he harness the force to propel it through space?
even if so, not through hyperspace.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

combat wombat said:

Do they have a john?

Puts on nerd glasses...

Achtually in the books the Jedi were able to go into a sort of Jedi/force controlled coma state to preserve energy and make long journeys..
Every time Luke does this, R2 has to wake his ass up because they've floundered into a Star Destroyer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Page 66

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

combat wombat said:

Do they have a john?

Puts on nerd glasses...

Ah, so even the books incorporate a save game function.
MGS
combat wombat said:

Didn't Luke run out of gas and get stranded in his X-Wing in the Zahn's old Thrawn series?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MGS said:

combat wombat said:

Didn't Luke run out of gas and get stranded in his X-Wing in the Zahn's old Thrawn series?
I'm re-reading those books. In Heir to the Empire, Thrawn sets a trap for him on his way to find C'baoth. Luke escapes the trap by doing some trick with a proton torpedo and his hyperdrive, but it ends up shredding the hyperdrive so he's pretty much dead in the water after a really short jump. Mara Jade finds him through the Force and Talon Kardde captures him using the y'salamari.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Madmarttigan
AG
That middle one is awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, that's my favorite. Lives up to the name -- epic.
bearamedic99
AG
Forget the Book of Fett or the Cara Dune spinoff

I want more Fennec Shand
bluefire579
AG
MandoArms
IG: mando_arms
MandoArms
Or more of a red dead redemption vibe to it.
IG: mando_arms
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
combat wombat said:

Only his own body and only if it gets blown out into space.
redline248
AG
Shai-Hulud said:

combat wombat said:

Only his own body and only if it gets blown out into space.
I mean, who do you think taught Leia
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Pedro is hilarious. THIS is the guy who supposedly stormed off set?
Madmarttigan
AG
Still can't get the ending out of my head, have listened to the music repeatedly and watched the scene a least 5 times.

It's a much smaller scale and much simpler scene but love it just as much as the end of Endgame with the on your left moment.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This mashup came out way better than someone of my middling talents should have produced. Spliced a couple parts of the "Hope" track on Rogue One together to make it.

Madmarttigan
AG
Video unavailable
YouBet
AG
Just finished and I have to say....today was a good day.
At this point Im convinced The Mandalorian is Disney's apology tour for the ST.

I figured a Jedi would save the day and when the x wing glided in I stood up and yelled, "IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?!"

And it was.
LPHA
AG
I really liked all the Mace Windu misdirection. Didn't think it would ever be him, but there was just enough doubt
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't think it's an apology tour as much as it is what you get when you hire the right people for a job and let them do their thing
C@LAg
YouBet said:

and when the x wing glided in I stood up and yelled, "IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?!"

It was not Biggs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Look. I'm not a fan boy. And that video is just trying to sweep that terrible CGI under the rug.

I enjoyed the episode. I've enjoyed most of the Mandalorian. But they blew what could have been a top TV moment of all time with poor CGI.
AliasMan02
AG
Alright, I have like 10 pages to catch up on and I haven't read it all, but wanted to give me reaction before the night got away from me.

Quick hits on things I'm sure have been talked about.
- Obviously, that was epic and awesome.
- Obviously, the episode lacked some of the... I don't know, ELEVATION of those more like The Believer. It was our badass heroes doing badass hero things and they never felt like they were in real peril, but that's okay.
- Gutsy, man. Gutsy. Packing up and sending off Grogu was gutsy.
- The CG on Luke was not good. I get that it doesn't REALLY matter. But it's fair to point out. To this point, I actually would like studies done. I think the way CG like this is done might literally be viewed differently by different people. My wife, for example, said "Wow they got someone that looked just like Mark" and I said "That's obviously just CGI." Rogue One was the same way that leads me to believe that people might not be seeing the same things.
- I'm pretty sure Sabine just gave Bo the Darksaber last time. But I'm sure there are narrative things that could work that out.

So, on to what I really want to say.

First, I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I wish they would just recast actors in these scenarios. It's impossible there's not an actor out there that looks EXACTLY like Mark Hamill, or at least close enough to get there with makeup and some digital tweaks. Same was true of Tarkin. Same was true of Leia in TROS. The role is bigger than the actor. Though I fully get that this was obviously recompense to fans and Mark in some ways.

Second and more importantly, I think including Luke was EXTREMELY important and I'm glad they had the balls to do it. It's important because it legitimizes this show and all of the other Disney+ series.

Remember having discussions about whether Agents of SHIELD or the Netflix Marvel series were canon or not? Sure they mentioned The Incident or the "green guy" or name dropped characters or places. Sif showed up, and Nick Fury had an extended cameo. But you always knew in those series that Tony Stark was never going to walk through the door.

In Mando's storyline for the last two seasons, the ONLY ending that made any sense was for Luke to show up for Grogu. If this is THE Star Wars of the films, and Luke is out there (which we knew he was), to have Cal Kestis or Ezra Bridger show up, or even have "the" Jedi be Ahsoka, would have been a huge dodge.

That was my biggest takeaway. We love this show, and I think many of us consider it to be on the Star Wars Mount Rushmore, but now it's crystal clear that this is just as fully Star Wars as watching one of the films.

Really, really great. I can't wait to see what happens when this creative team gets handed a feature film budget, which obviously is going to happen down the road. The sky's (star's?) the limit.
combat wombat™
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Look. I'm not a fan boy. And that video is just trying to sweep that terrible CGI under the rug.

I enjoyed the episode. I've enjoyed most of the Mandalorian. But they blew what could have been a top TV moment of all time with poor CGI.

Sit down, bus driver.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.