*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

283,400 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Yoda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jokershady said:

but.....Signs sucked nuts

Blasphemy!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Your frustration is based on not seeing the no-name rando Mandalorian who we saw once for about five minutes?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Your frustration is based on not seeing the no-name rando Mandalorian who we saw once for about five minutes?

He is training for his own spinoff, the Randolorian.
Yoda
AG
All I know is I woke up this morning with a giant grin still on my face. I love a few things very deeply that are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Aggie football and Star Wars at the top of the list. Whenever the Aggies lose a football game, I wake up the next morning and have a few seconds of, "Crud, that wasn't a nightmare. It was real." Then I relive the sadness all over again for a minute or two.

Today was the opposite of that. Oh my gosh... that happened! Luke, the Luke I grew up loving and dreaming about what he was doing post-Return, is back in our lives. And it was awesome.

Thank you Jon and Dave!

Luke is alive, the Ags still have a shot to make the playoffs, and Christmas is less than a week away. I suspect for those of us on this board, Christmas has already come early.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

God, that's good.
mazag08
AG
As a long time F16 poster and someone who hates everything about our virtue signaling culture, it never even crossed my mind that there was a girl power scene. It happened in such a good flow within the episode that I didn't realize it was a thing until reading this thread. I'm not even sure if it was purposely planned to be a "girl power" scene. If so, that's how you pull it off.
heddleston
AG
I swear I don't only think of this show in terms of westerns, but after my third or fourth watching of that scene I thought the music for that scene worked from that standpoint. As the Dark Troopers go silent and Luke gets out of his X-Wing the music goes to just those 2 guitar strings playing as then builds on it, it reminded me of the big showdowns at the end of spaghetti westerns. This was more Ennio Morricone than John Williams. Simple and builds some tension. Our heroes have no idea who or what's going on out there and for that matter aren't convinced whatever is out there isn't going to treat them just like he's doing to those droids. I don't know that I'd say I loved it(okay maybe a little), but I'm not terribly bothered by it either. I like that the music on this show has its own identity even if it's at the cost of some of Williams' finest works.
DallasTeleAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

God, that's good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho
TXTransplant
I'm a woman, and the idea of "girl power" didn't even cross my mind while I was watching. I had to see it written here to consciously realize that's what happened.

I did wonder where the third Mandalorian was, but I didn't specifically remember him being male.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mandalorian Gallery S2 drops on Christmas Day.
bobinator
AG
The problem with this is should have been addressed in the dialogue. They can fix it later of course, but to not have Bo Katan address it is bad storytelling. As awesome as the Luke part was, that exchange was bad.

All it would have taken is her saying "I made that mistake before..." or something along those lines.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
double aught
AG
Those Vince McMahon memes.
jokershady
AG
Just watched again. Still had the same damn big smile across my face!

Question though about Luke....on both times watching it simply didn't sound anything like him to me. Did they try to de-age his voice as well?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

God, that's good.
Well, thanks Brian. I'm supposed to write all day today and tomorrow but now I'll be putting different Star Wars tracks on this clip instead.
DallasTeleAg
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

God, that's good.
Well, thanks Brian. I'm supposed to write all day today and tomorrow but now I'll be putting different Star Wars tracks on this clip instead.
I mean... no hyperbole here. That one scene with even the original music gives me more feels and makes me more happy than ANYTHING in the most recent trilogy.

With that music... i need a cigarette.
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

11) I find myself a little surprise to say this, but I favored the music they used over Luke's normal theme. This is Mando's party. That music is clearly "The Sorcerer" track from the leaked soundtrack list. The Dark Troopers look unstoppable and Luke's going through them like Swiss cheese. That modern mystical beat was fitting. And it kept the audience from 100% certainty until he took the hood down.

I agree with the music being good, but Luke's theme should have swelled out of it when he he throws his hood back.
No one called me out on this, but I rewatched the episode and it ABSOLUTELY DOES transition from the existing score into his theme as he throws his hood back, and does it perfectly. I guess we were just all so distracted by actually seeing Luke?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Going to Galaxy's Edge next week. Gonna look for a Mando facemask.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, true for me. But I had also noticed the lack of Force theme up to that point and moved on from listening to the music.
israeliag
AG
Just wear the helmet the whole time
PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

God, that's good.
I mean... no hyperbole here. That one scene with even the original music gives me more feels and makes me more happy than ANYTHING in the most recent trilogy.

With that music... i need a cigarette.
The scene is awesome with the music, but then it would make his official reveal feel less when you just play another force related theme right?

But throwing that music on a specific scene in a youtbe clip? Hell yea
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good comment I saw...

Grogu looking at Luke through the screen and putting his hand on the monitor...that was every Star Wars fan in that moment seeing their hero return.
double aught
AG
If the Aggies could just get in the playoffs, this will be a day long remembered.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two days, but I'll give it to you.
Coppell97
AG
combat wombat™
AG
So, are x-wings capable of long-distance space travel or did Luke have to hitch a ride with a space aircraft carrier?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, we saw Luke fly from Hoth to Dagobah to Cloud City in his.
DallasTeleAg
I'm not a huge Star Wars nerd, but isn't an X-wing more of a mid-size starfighter? Unlike the A-Wing.
powerbelly
AG
combat wombat said:

So, are x-wings capable of long-distance space travel or did Luke have to hitch a ride with a space aircraft carrier?

X wings have a hyperdrive
OnlyForNow
AG
They can jump into hyperspace.
combat wombat™
AG
Do they have a john?
Rudyjax
AG
combat wombat said:

Do they have a john?

Tube and a bottle.
C@LAg
combat wombat said:

Do they have a john?
dump and pump.

where do you think all that Dark Matter in the Universe comes from?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.