*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

280,855 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's get this baby rolling.

jeffk
AG
YEET YEET
Urban Ag
AG
Now that was a trailer worth the wait.

Good lord if Favreau had the helm for 7, 8, and 9.
bearamedic99
AG
October?

(Unmanly) Squeeee!
Flashdiaz
AG
going back to Tattooine ... unless sandpeople figured a way to make flying Bantha's to get off the planet.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I love how, only about 25 years after the fall of the Jedi, they are now spoken of as a bunch of sorcerers.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Those X Wings were awesome!

Baby Yoda closing his thing when the whistling birds started glowing was great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jeffk
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I love how, only about 25 years after the fall of the Jedi, they are now spoken of as a bunch of sorcerers.

I like that approach. The actions of Luke and Vader weren't witnessed by a ton of folks across the galaxy and that jives with the "ancient religion" talk from the films. Making the Jedi mythical and mystical is a good move, IMO.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It begins...

jeffk
AG
What wrecked ship is he in front of at 0:44? A Y-wing?
My Dad Earl
AG
So the Mandalorians are ancient enemies of the Jedi? Was this already known (like in the other shows or books)?
uujm
wangus12
AG
My Dad Earl said:

So the Mandalorians are ancient enemies of the Jedi? Was this already known (like in the other shows or books)?
Known. Via both games, books and CW
Fenrir
I believe it's part of Filoni's Clone Wars & Rebels shows.
Gangnam Style
AG
I'm pretty sure they're on Ilum (Fallen Order) at the 1:22 mark?

And who do yall think Sasha Banks is playing? Sabine?
Urban Ag
AG
just a thought.

Watched the trailer twice and it appears obvious that the plot of S2 is the Mando searching out Jedi as to reunite BY with "his kind" which I took more to mean Jedi than whatever race BY is.

Looks like we're going back to Tatooine. And the snow caves looked a lot like Hoth and that appeared to be a Rebel ship of some sort in the snow. So maybe the Mando, in his quest to find a Jedi, is backtracking through known places the Rebels were because of their association with Luke/Obi Wan (Jedi), looking for clues as to what Jedi may still be around in hiding. And I think I recall reading that Ahsoka is going to make an appearance so it would make sense they could be on the same trajectory.

Possibilities are endless. Maybe Lucasfilm takes some opportunities to clean up some messes made in the ST like how Luke's saber ended up in Maz's basement or maybe even some type of run in with the fledgling Jedi academy.

Regardless, looks great.
Duncan Idaho
Here's to hoping the trade disputes are finally settled.
BDG02
AG
Thanks Mando, now I have the My Buddy/Kid Sister jingle in my head...
Fenrir
I'd rather they stay as far away from the ST as possible. Let Filoni and Favreau make their own story without trying to fix the **** ups that Disney made with the movies.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
exitone
AG
jeffk said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

I like that approach. The actions of Luke and Vader weren't witnessed by a ton of folks across the galaxy and that jives with the "ancient religion" talk from the films. Making the Jedi mythical and mystical is a good move, IMO.
I have always hated this. In Episode 4 where Han is talking about the Force like its this long lost thing where no one knows if it was really true or not bugged me. It has only been 20 years since the peacekeepers of the galaxy with a force of thousands and a killer palace on Corsucant were eliminated. In those 20 years, everyone completely forgot the jedi and their use of 'Force' to where its become a legend. It just seems weak to me.
exitone
AG
I was hoping to see a hint of Ahsoka or Rex (and even Sabine if that is true), but I guess that will be this seasons surprise.

Wangus... is the poster you embedded up top fan made?
wangus12
AG
Gangnam Style said:

I'm pretty sure they're on Ilum (Fallen Order) at the 1:22 mark?

And who do yall think Sasha Banks is playing? Sabine?
Could be Ilum. Ilum goes on to become Starkiller base and the trench is being built in the Fallen Order game which happens ~15 before the Battle of Yavin.
tk for tu juan
Just as I was debating keeping Disney+ or not, they reel me back in.
hunter2012
AG
My Dad Earl said:

The whole reason the Mandalorians are feared as warriors is because of their wars with the Jedi. Maybe the only non-force wielding group that could go toe-to-toe with Jedi and frequently win, even their arsenal is designed with Jedi in mind(like Boba Fett's tow cable or the backpack rocket). Specifically I believe the game Knights of the Old Republic is the original source material on the conflict. Clone Wars and Rebels expand upon it.
tk for tu juan
This video has the Mandalorian - Jedi War around 5000 BBY

wangus12
AG
exitone said:

I was hoping to see a hint of Ahsoka or Rex (and even Sabine if that is true), but I guess that will be this seasons surprise.

Wangus... is the poster you embedded up top fan made?
Yeah fan-made. Pulled from the Mando reddit.
Duncan Idaho
Flashdiaz said:

going back to Tattooine ... unless sandpeople figured a way to make flying Bantha's to get off the planet.

Tusken Raiders you racist pos. They arent defined by their sand but their actions.
Duncan Idaho
Urban Ag said:

Now that was a trailer worth the wait.

Good lord if Favreau had the helm for 7, 8, and 9.

Don't discount Dave. I'd argue that he is just as important
hunter2012
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Flashdiaz said:

Tusken Raiders you racist pos. They arent defined by their sand but their actions.
It's Indigenous Tusken People you backwards stereotyping bigot. Not all of them are raiders.
Flashdiaz
AG
hunter2012 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Flashdiaz said:

It's Indigenous Tusken People you backwards stereotyping bigot. Not all of them are raiders.
whatever, they're animals that should be slaughtered like animals.
jeffk
AG
exitone said:

jeffk said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

I have always hated this. In Episode 4 where Han is talking about the Force like its this long lost thing where no one knows if it was really true or not bugged me. It has only been 20 years since the peacekeepers of the galaxy with a force of thousands and a killer palace on Corsucant were eliminated. In those 20 years, everyone completely forgot the jedi and their use of 'Force' to where its become a legend. It just seems weak to me.

For the core worlds, I can see what you mean, but out on the fringes of the universe, them being more mysterious makes sense to me.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

hunter2012 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Flashdiaz said:

whatever, they're animals that should be slaughtered like animals.
And they were. Not only the men, but the women and children ...
Urban Ag
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Flashdiaz said:

TRLM

/I'll go ahead and show myself out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.