*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,067 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fig96 said:

wrong SW thread

I read your post on the other thread and I think I speak for everyone when I say " Chuck Wendig's Jar Jar making an appearance in this show would be the most glorious thing to happen to star wars since the holiday special."
mazag08
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

What was cringy about that?

It looked like standard pre-viz footage.

The dialogue for Boba Fett alone.. not at all consistent with his character. Seemed dumb and childish.

Never heard of the other characters. They just seemed awfully.. kids cartoony. Not a fan.
fig96
AG
jokershady said:

It's a long read but a good one on Beihn...for those asking where'd he go to sum this up he simply never wanted to be a big star

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-what-happened-star-michael-biehn-1228634
That was a really great read, thanks for the link. I like him even more now.
powerbelly
AG
mazag08 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

The dialogue for Boba Fett alone.. not at all consistent with his character. Seemed dumb and childish.

Never heard of the other characters. They just seemed awfully.. kids cartoony. Not a fan.

It is a kids cartoon and it was a young (teenager) Boba Fett.
mazag08
AG
powerbelly said:

mazag08 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

It is a kids cartoon and it was a young (teenager) Boba Fett.

Didn't know that. I'll see myself out.
twilly
AG
TCTTS
AG
Awesome. Absolutely loved the first season.
amercer
AG
Late to the party this week. They crammed a LOT into that episode, but you've got to love them trying to salvage the ST by filling in a rational backstory.

Hopefully it doesn't detract from the stuff that's been so good about this show so far.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I must say, assuming Rosario Dawson appears as Asokha on Friday, it will be one of the most unique experiences I can think of in TV - an absolutely beloved character recognized instantly by her voice now being taken over by a completely different actress, but working with the person who created the character and wrote so many of her adventures. I hope there is a Roundtable episode forthcoming about that pressure on Rosario Dawson and how they approached. Even odder considering they got Katee Sackhoff to reprise Bo Katan.

Will be really interesting to see who and where Asokha is now. Is she beat down from life like Luke in Episode 7-9? What is she doing on Corvus? Where are Sabine and Ezra? Is Rex still around? How about Zev?

This is a guaranteed wake up at 2:05 a.m. and watch it on my phone episode. I made the terrible mistake of trying to watch last week's episode fresh with my family. They won't be quiet!
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Will be really interesting to see who and where Asokha is now. Is she beat down from life like Luke in Episode 7-9? What is she doing on Corvus? Where are Sabine and Ezra? Is Rex still around? How about Zev?

My brain initially read this as "What is she doing about Covid?" and I got really confused for a second.
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I must say, assuming Rosario Dawson appears as Asokha on Friday, it will be one of the most unique experiences I can think of in TV - an absolutely beloved character recognized instantly by her voice now being taken over by a completely different actress, but working with the person who created the character and wrote so many of her adventures. I hope there is a Roundtable episode forthcoming about that pressure on Rosario Dawson and how they approached. Even odder considering they got Katee Sackhoff to reprise Bo Katan.

This is a guaranteed wake up at 2:05 a.m. and watch it on my phone episode. I made the terrible mistake of trying to watch last week's episode fresh with my family. They won't be quiet!
What's even stranger is, when they announced her as Ashoka it really seems like a perfect casting..visually at least.
CajunAg97
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Has anyone posited yet that The Child could in fact be baby Yoda?

What if we've never scene another Yoda species (besides stupid pink Yaddle, which is debatable) because Yoda is in fact a one-of-a-kind Force Phoenix creature?

He dies, becomes one with the force, and is reincarnated / reborn lives 900 years - rinse & repeat...

He could have gone through 100 such cycles in and out of the Force, life, death, etc. And each time he has no memory of who he was, so he could have been a Jedi, a Sith, or a no-dogma Force user, several times each... Baby Yoda is just the latest cycle of Yoda Reborn?

That would be kind of a cool twist, I think.
Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Grand Master Yoda
stepped into the time portal - and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Jar Jar, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Yoda can see and hear. And so Yoda finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap... will be the leap home.
omg Quantum Leap!!
Ag Since 83
AG
Currently streaming on the NBC app (I'm like 10 episodes in)
ChipFTAC01
AG
How does it hold up?
dave94
AG

Ag Since 83
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

How does it hold up?
I'm enjoying it, but it does seem different than I remember. I haven't gotten to any of the great episodes where they intersect with Sam's/Al's personal history yet though.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How does it hold up?
I'm enjoying it, but it does seem different than I remember. I haven't gotten to any of the great episodes where they intersect with Sam's/Al's personal history yet though.
The Lee Harvey Oswald episode is my favorite one.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Filoni is going so dark on this they didn't even release a one-sentence plot line as a preview this week.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Duncan Idaho
Isn't a matched set
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The picture on the box is why i posted it
redline248
AG
Odds we even see her light one up?
TCTTS
AG
I mean surely there's a big Mando/Gideon/Asokha/Bo-Katan fight this season, right? Where Asokha lights those up? I can't imagine them selling those if not.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
my 11th hour wild speculation as I split my mind's focus 50-50 on Mando and my actual work.

1) Does Asokha know that Obi-Wan and Yoda survived the Purge? Does she know where they went into hiding? Does she know they're both now dead? If she knew Yoda was on Dagobah at some time would she consider taking The Child there to see if Yoda left behind any clues of where he was from?

2) What's she doing on this planet? Throughout the history of Asokha in cartoons, books and comics, the one defining point is that has to have a cause. Even when she runs in the final season of Clone Wars she ends up helping the two most annoying sisters on Coruscant on a mission before she gets sucked back into the Mandalore/Maul drama.

3) What if she's gone Clark Kent and left the Force and the Jedi behind? What if she's married and she fears Mando bringing BY to her because she has her own family and her own Child?

Damn, 5 more hours.
TCTTS
AG
I usually watch on Friday nights, but I'm almost more interested in staying up for your immediate reaction tonight, then watching right after.
redline248
AG
We are in Denver and drive back to Texas tomorrow. Supposed to get up at like 4am. Maybe I'll get up an hour early to watch.
AliasMan02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

my 11th hour wild speculation as I split my mind's focus 50-50 on Mando and my actual work.

1) Does Asokha know that Obi-Wan and Yoda survived the Purge? Does she know where they went into hiding? Does she know they're both now dead? If she knew Yoda was on Dagobah at some time would she consider taking The Child there to see if Yoda left behind any clues of where he was from?

2) What's she doing on this planet? Throughout the history of Asokha in cartoons, books and comics, the one defining point is that has to have a cause. Even when she runs in the final season of Clone Wars she ends up helping the two most annoying sisters on Coruscant on a mission before she gets sucked back into the Mandalore/Maul drama.

3) What if she's gone Clark Kent and left the Force and the Jedi behind? What if she's married and she fears Mando bringing BY to her because she has her own family and her own Child?

Damn, 5 more hours.

A LOT of Ahsoka's story revolves around protecting and/or finding Force sensitive younglings. Hard to imagine her turning down helping the Child. UNLESS her leaving the Jedi and continuing under whatever her personal belief system is (all white robes at the end of Rebels, etc).

For fans of the bigger picture and the animation in general, I have two big questions for tomorrow.

1. What clues will this give us about the upcoming Rebels sequel, which we expect in part to involve Ahsoka and Sabine searching for Ezra? This episode will undoubtedly take place AFTER that series. Will she talk about Sabine? Is Sabine alive or dead? We're they present at the Great Purge of Mandalore by the Empire that included the loss of the darksaber?

2. A much smaller question and something I think is likely to show up given Filoni's involvement... will we see the owl that often follows Ahsoka, Morai? And get any more insight into how she and Mortis are tied to Ahsoka?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't think I've been this hyped for a TV show episode since the Battle of Winterfell. Ahsoka has a very low bar to clear.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah I am staying up late tonight.
twilly
AG
One of these days we should set up a family watch event and watch an episode together. TexAgs watching group.
Saxsoon
AG
Holy ****, Filoni just swinging his third leg around
AMW2010
AG
Just started and had to come here.... OH SNAP!!!!!
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

Odds we even see her light one up?
lmao what a stupid question

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.