*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,583 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All images from episodes already out. Playing their cards close to the vest as we move towards the finale.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I guess this means no more surprise guests.
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

last weeks episode had a very upbeat nub-nub ending to it.... have a feeling we're going to go towards a dark ending this season.

Still sticking with my prediction...

Quote:

As a final note, for those speculating who the next Jedi might be, and when we might see him/her, I wouldn't hold your breath for this season. To me at least, this episode felt like our Jedi quota for the season. In fact, if I was the showrunner outlining the rest of the season, after seeing this episode, IMO, the perfect season two ending/cliffhanger would be Mando fighting through hell over the next three episodes to get Grogu atop the seeing stone on Tython, and once he finally does, we slowly pull back on an epic, widening shot of Grogu atop the mountain - a pivotal decision to be made - and we CUT TO BLACK. In fact, I would bet just about anything that's essentially how the season ends.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Although I doubt it will happen, my dream scenario would be to have Grogu up on the stone reaching through the Force and have a flashback to Order 66 from his point of view, carnage, the specter of Anakin, and then cut to another pair of eyes opening. Just the eyes. The eye of Luke Skywalker sensing a powerful presence in the Force.
TCTTS
AG
Heads would explode.
jeffk
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Although I doubt it will happen, my dream scenario would be to have Grogu up on the stone reaching through the Force and have a flashback to Order 66 from his point of view, carnage, the specter of Anakin, and then cut to another pair of eyes opening. Just the eyes. The eye of Jar Jar Binks sensing a powerful presence in the Force.
LPHA
AG
Heads would explode.
Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

Although I doubt it will happen, my dream scenario would be to have Grogu up on the stone reaching through the Force and have a flashback to Order 66 from his point of view, carnage, the specter of Anakin, and then cut to another pair of eyes opening. Just the eyes. The eye of Luke Skywalker sensing a powerful presence in the Force.

How do you reconcile that with jar jar's appearance in aftermath?
YouBet
AG
jeffk said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Although I doubt it will happen, my dream scenario would be to have Grogu up on the stone reaching through the Force and have a flashback to Order 66 from his point of view, carnage, the specter of Anakin, and then cut to another pair of eyes opening. Just the eyes. The eye of Jar Jar Binks sensing a powerful presence in the Force.

Meesa sense something!!

[falls down and breaks something]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
As much as I would like to see Luke in this, I also feel that his involvement would mean Grogu going to his academy, which would mean he probably gets killed by Kylo Ren down the line, a fate that would be really grisly for such a character and really alienate a bunch of people.

Sticking with my start of the season "ET Phone Home" prediction that it's not the Jedi they'll return him to, but his own species, whoever and wherever they are.
TCTTS
AG
There was a rumor months before even season one premiered that a family of Yoda's species would make an appearance, as would Yoda's species' home planet. This was long before we knew anything about the existence of Grogu/Baby Yoda. So it's possible those rumors had some validity and that is, indeed, where Grogu is ultimately destined.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You should probably spoiler that.
TCTTS
AG
I don't remember it being from a legit source, but tagged it just in case.
redline248
AG
@Muck - Grogu already survived the destruction of one Jedi temple/school. He could do it again.

@TCTT - if those rumors came out before anyone knew about Grogu, then perhaps Grogu is the result of those rumors. Or rather, the basis for the rumors

and I don't think that needs to be put in spoiler warnings.
PatAg
AG
He'll go there, and turn out to be the only one who can use the force.
PatAg
AG
oh my god
twilly
AG
Just when I think this show can't get any better, I am proven wrong. Wow! Just wow. Major nerdgasm alert!
TCTTS
AG
Damn it I'm in bed and wasn't planning on watching 'til tomorrow night. Twitter is freaking out too. I want to pull the trigger now but I also love the anticipation and watching it with a good, Friday night meal.
TCTTS
AG

C@LAg
C@LAg
AMW2010
AG
Wow... I forgot it was Friday... and just finished... .... wow wow these episodes just keep getting better!!!!
MandoArms
Wow. This season is insane...what could possibly happen in the next two episodes?
IG: mando_arms
EMY92
AG
The episodes are definitely building in quality. This week was awesome, but so was last week.
Kate Beckett
AG
I am not okay. Send help.
Ag Since 83
AG
My Lego Razorcrest is 2/3 finished, and now I kind of feel like stopping and just smashing it with a sledgehammer
bluefire579
AG
Enjoyed the action and like how the story has moved forward. Only thing that bugged me was that it felt a bit...out of character for Boba Fett. He's never been about helping anyone, only doing things as it benefits himself, so not taking the armor and running makes me think that either they're trying to change his character to be more anti-hero, or he's got some kind of long con he's running.

Also found it interesting that they retconned Jango into being a foundling. I thought it was canon that he was not Mandalorian, but that might just be me remembering Legends (kind of runs together after a while).
The Collective
AG
Oh my God. This show continues to create every imaginary battle my toys had when I was little.
The Collective
AG
I believe Disney has already done the groundwork on Jango's back story. I don't read the other materials (books, comics, etc) put out, but I do keep up with the canon updates that Star Wars Explained posts on YouTube.

I appreciate that this show seems to know where it is going so much. After the fiasco with the sequel trilogy, it is a breath of fresh air. Thanks to Favreau and, I assume, Filoni for understanding how to do more than just put cool Star Warsy things on the screen & call it good to go.
Claude!
bluefire579 said:

Enjoyed the action and like how the story has moved forward. Only thing that bugged me was that it felt a bit...out of character for Boba Fett. He's never been about helping anyone, only doing things as it benefits himself, so not taking the armor and running makes me think that either they're trying to change his character to be more anti-hero, or he's got some kind of long con he's running.

Also found it interesting that they retconned Jango into being a foundling. I thought it was canon that he was not Mandalorian, but that might just be me remembering Legends (kind of runs together after a while).
Might've taken some time to reflect on his life choices while he was slowly being digested by the Sarlacc.
sanitariex
AG
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but surely at this point, Disney is just going to hand Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni the keys to the Star Wars franchise, right??? I mean they are just crushing it!
Keegan99
AG
It makes me borderline angry to think of what F&F could have done with the sequel trilogy.

(Sorry, not trying to derail.)
OnlyForNow
AG
That episode needed another 30 mins!!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My biggest takeaway is the SAVAGERY of Boba Fett fighting the stormtroopers, especially when he started winding up the Gaffi stick and beating the bejesus out of them. I couldn't wait to see who was directing such brilliance and had a big grin on my face at the end when I saw Robert Rodriguez's name flash across. OF COURSE!

This marks the fourth straight episode where I have said "Holy *****" out loud while watching it by myself. Seeing Slave I came blazing out of the sky. Loved Fett's impromptu outfit when he suited back up. Loved how in tune with his weaponry he is - as great as Mando is - Fett's wore that same armor for what, maybe 25 years pre-Sarlaac? I like that they didn't show him put it on, he just appeared.

I feel like we've got a Magnificent 7/Dirty Dozen heist coming up here to get the kid back. All hands on deck, 2 Mandos, the sniper, Asokha, Bo Katan, Cara Dune, the whole 9 yards.
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Has the run time for the final 2 episodes been released yet? There's a lot left to do in 2 episodes with getting Bill Burr's character and making a rescue attempt on Grogu. Even more if they develop Ahsoka's story even a little.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.