*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,081 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dave94 said:

At first I thought that, but he definitely panicked and just ran. Or maybe it takes some time to reattach the pack?

I'm making excuses of course. Because that episode was freaking badass. I do assume he'll have it going forward.

Well, the whole time I was watching, I knew in the back of my mind that BY had to get kidnapped. So, grabbing the jet pack would not have fit with the rest of the story.

But, I do hope it reappears. It's my favorite Mando accessory.

I still miss BY's little ship.
OnlyForNow
AG
No more mando disintegration rifle though.
TXTransplant
OnlyForNow said:

Oh, no...I forgot about the vaporizer gun because he hasn't used it in a while. I liked that one, too!
JAggie2007
AG
bluefire579 said:

JAggie2007 said:

The Debt said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

The Debt said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I remember these guys being a big pain in the ass in the PC game Dark Forces back in the mid-90's.

I preferred DF2 and the jedi fights

I was always partial to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast on PC. This was largely influenced to being able to go into the console and change lightsaber colors and have realistic lightsaber damage that would cut off and cauterize limbs. Also liked being able to use light and dark side powers.
Since we seem to basically be going in order, Jedi Academy was always the one I enjoyed the most.
I think the only other Star Wars games I've played since have been Force Unleashed and Lego Star Wars(I-VI) so I won't be derailing the thread for a while.
JoeAggie1010
OnlyForNow said:

But he has a Bescar spear that could stop a light saber?!
OnlyForNow
AG
And Pedro was trained for GOT in pole arms fighting.
The Debt
Man...these cutscenes were everything back then! Off a CD-ROM!

(Background, if you go light side, you spared his life.)
The Debt
OnlyForNow said:

And Pedro was trained for GOT in pole arms fighting.

It also taught him to never take off your helmet
jeffk
AG
Always have loved the way Slave I's engines sounded.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
THAT.

WAS

AWESOME.
AliasMan02
AG
I thought we might get like A WORD from the other side of that Force transmission. Just like a... "Hello?" or something so faint that we couldn't identity it.

And I think Boba was shocked about the Empire being back because this time it's an Imperial capital ship in NR space. That's a big deal.

What a great show. Absolutely killer.
Satellite of Love
HOLY SHEET THIS MEANS TALES OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS IS CANON AGAIN!!!!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I watched this on a 100" projector screen in surround sound with my SW nerd buddies and we all lost our **** at the Slave 1 appearing.
jokershady
AG
So I legit yelled out loud with excitement twice during this episode: the Slave 1 appearance and the badass shot of Boba back in his armor.

Holy hell that was a whole episode of love for fans and I loved every minute of it!

2 more episodes!!!!
powerbelly
AG
I loved fat boba fett
jeffk
AG
My chunky boi.
Satellite of Love
texasaggie04 said:

I love how the same actor who played Jango in the prequel trilogy came back to play Boba now. That's a great touch.

Also could somebody explain to me why he's alive? I guess I assumed he died when he was eaten alive in Episode V.

In Tales of the Bounty Hunters book Bobs escapes from the Sarlacc pit and then found by Dengar and nursed back to health.
mazag08
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Kids found this on amazon music today and couldn't wait to show me when I got home.
I made a metal playlist for my friend and threw on this song to **** with him. It was hilarious.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Debt said:

texasaggie04 said:

I love how the same actor who played Jango in the prequel trilogy came back to play Boba now. That's a great touch.

Also could somebody explain to me why he's alive? I guess I assumed he died when he was eaten alive in Episode V.

Ah yes when he was eaten alive on Bespin
Right after Luke blows up the Executor with a concussion missile.
Saxsoon
AG
My dad and I had chills watching this episode
DallasTeleAg
Gonna get flamed for my opinion, but imma share anyways.

Was it cool to see Boba Fet? Yeah. Other than that, I guess I am just wanting more character development in this show as well as a deviation from the formula of each episode this far into Season 2. Each episode being an action spectacle where our heroes of the episode are surrounded by 30 enemies and Gun Kata their way out of it without even a worry or a scratch is just not doing it for me.

Our main character being a badass has been completely diluted by every person he meets being just as much of a badass. Really, it seems that half the population of this universe is a badass and the other half are Storm Troopers.

Perhaps I'm asking too much from Star Wars. 6/10 on the episode, for me. I thought the last episode was far superior.
Saxsoon
AG
I really don't understand the comment about no character development. I really don't. Just listen to Din's voice at how excited he is at Grogu using the force. That opening sequence was really great and showed the continuation of their relationship which has been front and center this season.
Legal Custodian
AG
Loved the story, but I feel liked they rushed the advancement compared to how long the other missions took. This whole season was spent trying to find a Jedi. Jedi didn't want Grogu, and sent them to tython. In one episode they found tython, introduced Boba again, Grogu was stolen, and Mando's ship was destroyed. They spent such a long time setting up the finding a Jedi storyline, this one seemed way rushed. But I guess with it being only a 8 episode season, they needed movement at some point.

Boba fight scene was amazing. But did anyone else think the production value on this episode seemed way low? Like the graphics weren't rendered properly or something. Not my favorite episode this season but still a good one.
jokershady
AG
Wait....12 episode season? Did I miss something pretty sure it's only 8 like S1
Legal Custodian
AG
My mistake, you are correct. Not sure why I put 12
bluefire579
AG
powerbelly said:

I loved fat boba fett
Helps the rest of us guys from having to compete with those unrealistic clone trooper body standards
The Debt
Saxsoon said:

My dad and I had chills watching this episode

I have a solution. Yall can pretend to be jedi knights

The Debt
DallasTeleAg said:

Our main character being a badass has been completely diluted by every person he meets being just as much of a badass. Really, it seems that half the population of this universe is a badass and the other half are Storm Troopers.

Episode 1. Mando is better than Justified
Episode 2. Mando is saved by rebels who arent being pursued by ice spiders. Mando kills more than rebels.
Episode 3. Starbuck and crew save Mando, Mando saves them.
Episode 4. Stood toe to toe with a jedi, jedi got duel to advance the show.
Episode 5. Boba Fett shows up mando. This is where you have gripe.

I hate to break it to you, but Boba Fett was once rated the 2nd most popular SW character behind Han Solo according to the SW's Insider, the official magazine. They admit that when you account for screen time and total lines, the Fett was the most easily the fan favorite.

All I'm saying is, dont shtt on the show because the lead isnt the biggest badass in the universe. How boring would it be if a protagonist is an invincible badass who always wins the fight?
PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Gonna get flamed for my opinion, but imma share anyways.

Was it cool to see Boba Fet? Yeah. Other than that, I guess I am just wanting more character development in this show as well as a deviation from the formula of each episode this far into Season 2. Each episode being an action spectacle where our heroes of the episode are surrounded by 30 enemies and Gun Kata their way out of it without even a worry or a scratch is just not doing it for me.

Perhaps I'm asking too much from Star Wars. 6/10 on the episode, for me. I thought the last episode was far superior.
should probably find a new show
DallasTeleAg
Every "good guy" or team up person is just as much of a baddass. Hardly any missed shots and shredding through legions of enemies. It's basically a Star Wars Warriors game.

I'm still watching it and enjoy some aspects of the show. I already said I liked last week's episode a lot. I am just not letting the fanboying over Fett overshadow my thoughts on the entirety of the episode.

These action scenes are getting stale. Once the fighting starts, I am basically just sitting back and waiting to get to the end of every good guy killing a Storm Trooper for every shot they make. There is nothing wrong with wanting more from this show. Give me some high stakes in these fights. Bring in more friendlies so you can kill some off, or something.

At least with Star Wars ship battles, at least half of each fleet seems to die in the fights.
TCTTS
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sounds like you just don't like what they're trying to do with the show, which they're doing very well.

The "character development" has been faster paced than most of the acclaimed newer streaming shows I've tried to watch.

Anyways, I'm tryna watch a Star War, not read Ibsen. If they're dolling out "fan service," then keep it coming.
TCTTS
AG
Harry Lime said:

Sounds like you just don't like what they're trying to do with the show, which they're doing very well.

The "character development" has been faster paced than most of the acclaimed newer streaming shows I've tried to watch.

Anyways, I'm tryna watch a Star War, not read Ibsen. If they're dolling out "fan service," then keep it coming.

I've enjoyed the last two episodes immensely, and this season is certainly looking to be better than the last, but the above is an absurd statement. Across 14 episodes, Mando has barely gone from hardened, zealot bounty hunter to hardened, zealot bounty hunter with a soft spot for a fellow orphan. Don't get me wrong, he *has* changed - somewhat - but nothing about the character development in this series is remotely "fast paced," well-executed, or particularly compelling.
MandoArms
Anybody interested in a Mando Texas Patch?
IG: mando_arms
Beat40
That was an awesome episode!

They are absolutely setting up the Beskar spear vs the Black Saber. We're going to see that and it's going to be awesome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.