*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,585 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Jason_Ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Because Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni understand and respect the world/lore of Star Wars a million times more than JJ Abrams and Rian ****ing Johnson
...and George Lucas.
Dro07
AG
It's like she brought that character to life eh?
YouBet
AG
dromo07 said:

It's like she brought that character to life eh?
She really did. And she gets more attractive with age.
amercer
AG
redline248 said:

Because Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni understand and respect the world/lore of Star Wars a million times more than JJ Abrams and Rian ****ing Johnson

And (at least so far) no one is trying to save the universe from another damn Death Star.

I really hope either at the end of this show, or in the next movie we find some Jedi on a planet in the outer rim who are like "yeah we had a prophecy to just lay low for the last 70 years because history was going to be repetitive and dumb.
PatAg
AG
I hope that this show will make Disney aware that there is a lot more interest in the Star Wars universe than only jedi based stories or "grand epic trilogies"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would think Rogue One did that.
MandoArms
I'm ready for them to find the Jedi version of the Children of the Watch living on the Outer Rim. The look down on people that can't use the force and call the muggels.
IG: mando_arms
78_Pacecar
AG
Probably spinoff from this episode:

The story about the great purge of Mandalor, and Bo Katans loss of the DS, and mission to get it back reuniting the planet/people

Also if we are going down the Asoka/Ezra rabbit hole, does that mean there is a chance for Thrawn?

Please dear Baby Yoda, do the magic hand thing and give us Thrawn!

PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I would think Rogue One did that.
I think that one was tied enough into the main story that they could attribute it to the original trilogy, even though I personally agree with you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hoping Asokha is handed The Child, gasps, and says, "It's ... it's .. a BABY YODA" and the winks at the camera.
wangus12
AG
Star Wars nerds right now

Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

Hoping Asokha is handed The Child, gasps, and says, "It's ... it's .. a BABY YODA" and the winks at the camera.

And then run the laugh track or the canned "ahhhhh".
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Star Wars nerds right now

How dare you use an image of a fake nerd.
jokershady
AG
The Debt said:

SO made me eggs and coffee this morning. So sweet. Then as I'm putting my first bite into my mouth, SO asks"you know who else likes eggs? Baby yoda". "TOO SOON!"
you married a good woman!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I really wanted alternate takes in all LOTR movies where the person who says the title of the movie does a Ferris Bueller look at the camera when they do.

Elrond in FOTR
Saruman in TTT
Gandalf in ROTK
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I really wanted alternate takes in all LOTR movies where the person who says the title of the movie does a Ferris Bueller look at the camera when they do.

Elrond in FOTR
Saruman in TTT
Gandalf in ROTK
fig96
AG
Aside from the story, the FX work in this series has been SO freakin' good. I realize that's largely because you've got some of ILM's best on it and a massive budget, but still.

Something like this, that a glance seems simple, can go wrong SO many ways.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's the exact shot I pointed as having really impressed me. You could convince me that's 100% real.
Duncan Idaho
I wonder if we will look back at this scene like we do with stop motion or rear projection and think "damn thank God we arent still using these types of effects"
Ag Since 83
AG
Give me a James Bond movie with rear projection any day
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Baby Yoda is officially a space traveler.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/16/21569387/spacex-crew-1-dragon-baby-yoda-zero-g-indicator
fig96
AG
I don't think so, since the advent of computer animation we're just honing in on and refining that truly photoreal look.

Things like rear projection or stop motion didn't truly look "real", but they were the best we could do at the time and were a big step up from earlier techniques (and can still be cool stylistic options even now). But you can go back as early as Jurassic Park and find CG work that's still almost flawless in terms of integration and believability.

VFX are getting better as far being able to do more technically perfect work with all kinds of complex things in a single shot (like this example) and there will continue to be improvements in the processes and technology, but for the most part it'll just be incremental improvements on what's already being done.

The software is just better and able to do more complex things and the hardware is (far) faster.
TCTTS
AG

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-mandalorian-feels-like-it-s-building-to-something-m-1845688473
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-mandalorian-feels-like-it-s-building-to-something-m-1845688473
Actually had the same thought while watching this episode. You could almost work yourself to the point where you could....dare I say it.....redo the ST or more realistically effectively ignore it going forward as if it never really happened.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that could very well be the play. Not so much erase the ST, but The Mandalorian and its potential spin-offs become the unofficial "prequels" to the ST, and could then maybe even go up to and alongside the ST, just in a different part of the galaxy.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, how far out from the ST are we?

[Looking it up...]

- We're five years after ROTJ, but still 25 years from the ST.

- Kylo is currently four years old.

- Rey won't be born for another six years.

So for The Mandalorian to eventually "replace" the ST, as events transpiring simultaneously but in another part of the galaxy, we still have quite a long way to go. So I take it back, as that's probably not likely. But yeah, in spirit, this whole Mando/Bo-Katan/Ahsoka/Gideon/whoever else saga could at least eventually set up the ST world in the broadest terms, become the unofficial "prequels" to the ST, and even become the de facto "sequel trilogy" in terms of the story that audiences are more drawn to post-ROTJ, when all is said and done.
amercer
AG
They should just treat the ST as some minor regional events that didn't effect most people.

The movies (in their own ham fisted way) actually set that up. The new central government doesn't have much control, most people don't care about either side, and the First Order/ resistance are both pretty small.

Have Mando lead into some pre ST movie about Luke wondering the galaxy in search of Jedi **** and then have him leave the plot somewhere far away in the galaxy where no one cares about anything from the ST. Then if you need, you could bring Rey back in later and everyone can be like "oh you're a Jedi too? Cool. "

The whole ST as a kind of cheesy Rey backstory is probably the best way to salvage it.
TCTTS
AG
I'm definitely curious to see if this side of things ever comes close to even sniffing the Luke/Leia/Han of it all. I can't imagine we'll ever see those actors again, or digital, de-aged versions of them, but I do wonder if they'll be referenced not in historical fashion, but as people currently doing this or that over in another part of the galaxy.
YouBet
AG
amercer said:

They should just treat the ST as some minor regional events that didn't effect most people.

The movies (in their own ham fisted way) actually set that up. The new central government doesn't have much control, most people don't care about either side, and the First Order/ resistance are both pretty small.

Have Mando lead into some pre ST movie about Luke wondering the galaxy in search of Jedi **** and then have him leave the plot somewhere far away in the galaxy where no one cares about anything from the ST. Then if you need, you could bring Rey back in later and everyone can be like "oh you're a Jedi too? Cool. "

The whole ST as a kind of cheesy Rey backstory is probably the best way to salvage it.

Would be so great if they did this. Basically make it the equivalent to the conflict in Yemen.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm definitely curious to see if this side of things ever comes close to even sniffing the Luke/Leia/Han of it all. I can't imagine we'll ever see those actors again, or digital, de-aged versions of them, but I do wonder if they'll be referenced not in historical fashion, but as people currently doing this or that over in another part of the galaxy.

I am shocked Leia hasn't been namedropped
redline248
AG
Man, y'all do this every time...mention stuff about the sequels and send me spiraling down into the abyss...

and when I come out of it...I bring back something else that makes no sense.

The opening crawl of The Last Jedi says the First Order reigns and has seized military control of the Galaxy. Then a bunch of their ships chase the The Last Cruiser and end up getting mostly destroyed? Then Kylo takes over and goes on his quest for the Emperor...leaving all the alleged FO military just running things across the galaxy? The final battle blows up a bunch of Sith star destroyers...but the rest of the FO is still in control all over the galaxy? Or did he order the remaining First Order to take control of the sith destroyers before he turned good...and the final battle, in fact, wiped out all that was left of the First Order?

I mean, it's all just such a mess, or maybe I hated it so much I'm blocking out key pieces of information that unravel this clusterf-ck?
TCTTS
AG
If "key" pieces of info are that easy to block out, they were never key in the first place. They did a sh*tty job executing it all, full stop, and you only underline why.
Dro07
AG
Screw it... let's just do world between worlds and burn the ST down
jeffk
AG
Have all the Mandalorians we've seen so far been wearing Deathwatch blue?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Wait a minute, you guys didnt like the sequels?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.