*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,074 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Holy ****, are you serious?

After watching Tombstone a few weeks ago I had a long text thread with a friend about the tragic lack of quality Michael Biehn related roles. The guy had a great run of Terminator, Tombstone, Navy Seals, Abyss, Aliens? And then basically disappeared.

Agreed. His disappearance always baffled me.
Ron Murkundy
Keegan99 said:

He was team leader of the SEAL team that got whacked in The Rock?

"Stand fast!"
I CAN NOT GIVE THAT ORDER
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

This is the best thing I'll see all day. "Porta electronica!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

After watching Tombstone a few weeks ago I had a long text thread with a friend about the tragic lack of quality Michael Biehn related roles. The guy had a great run of Terminator, Tombstone, Navy Seals, Abyss, Aliens? And then basically disappeared.
Making Star Wars even had a rendering of his supposed look.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/03/rumor-michael-biehns-character-design-for-the-mandalorian-season-2.html
SpreadsheetAg
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Has a net worth of $8MM - per the internet - maybe he made his money and was content.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Duncan Idaho
Ha. Lolpoor
texasaggie04
AG
That spaghetti western trailer is great. Also, Ennio Morricone is a genius. That song might be one of the best thematic songs of all time. Also also, apparently Morricone died this year. Did not know that.
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

TCTTS
AG
I now absolutely need a Tarantino-directed episode of IL MANDALORIANO.
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

I now absolutely need a Taylor Sheridan-directed episode of IL MANDALORIANO.
coastalaggie
AG
CrottyKid said:

Mando Calrissean
"This is the way, baby."

I don't have a joke to go with that. I just thought it was funny.

no vibrator in the stocking?
Fair Winds and Following Seas
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Has anyone posited yet that The Child could in fact be baby Yoda?

What if we've never seen another Yoda species (besides tassel ::eye roll:: ) because Yoda is in fact a one-of-a-kind Force Phoenix creature?

He dies, becomes one with the force, and is reincarnated / reborn, lives 900 years, rinse & repeat...

He could have gone through 100 such cycles in and out of the Force, life, death, etc. And each time he has no memory of who he was, so he could have been a Jedi, a Sith, or a no-dogma Force user, several times each... Baby Yoda is just the latest cycle of Yoda Reborn?

That would be kind of a cool twist, I think.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
powerbelly
AG
Yaddle isnt pink and iirc is canonically the same species as yoda.
TCTTS
AG
Love the idea of a single, reincarnated Yoda, but Baby Yoda is 50 and Yoda died five years ago, so...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You guys keep thinking of Even Piell, who was briefly seen in The Phantom Menace, who is 1) a Lannik and 2) male. He died on-screen during the Clone Wars cartoon.

Yaddle is seen only in long shots during the Jedi Council scenes on Coruscant in the same movie. In the original EU, she dies in a comic book between Episodes 1 and 2, absorbing the energy of a chemical weapon.

Dro07
AG
What if it is baby yoda and Ahsoka uses the world between worlds and takes him back in time to keep him safe?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
powerbelly said:

Yaddle isnt pink and iirc is canonically the same species as yoda.

Damn, I was thinking of Piell
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Love the idea of a single, reincarnated Yoda, but Baby Yoda is 50 and Yoda died five years ago, so...

Brain fart; work has my mind fried... good catch (obvious hole in logic sadly); but man I like my idea and now want this to be worked in with another creature/character somehow...

Time to write a letter to Filoni
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

What if we've never scene another Yoda species (besides stupid pink Yaddle, which is debatable) because Yoda is in fact a one-of-a-kind Force Phoenix creature?

He dies, becomes one with the force, and is reincarnated / reborn lives 900 years - rinse & repeat...

He could have gone through 100 such cycles in and out of the Force, life, death, etc. And each time he has no memory of who he was, so he could have been a Jedi, a Sith, or a no-dogma Force user, several times each... Baby Yoda is just the latest cycle of Yoda Reborn?

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Grand Master Yoda
stepped into the time portal - and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Jar Jar, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Yoda can see and hear. And so Yoda finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap... will be the leap home.
Cromagnum
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

PatAg said:

To address the "fanboy shoutouts", if you weren't reading this thread you wouldn't know they were happening.

It's starting to feel like they're sacrificing plot and character development to shoehorn in Easter eggs. Hell. I don't even know what the big deal is about the railing.

Get back to what made most of season one fantastic. Or just start putting a disclaimer on the title page that says, "If you've never waited in line for a Star Wars movie or dressed up in character, the Mandalorian may not be your thing."

78_Pacecar
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/03/rumor-michael-biehns-character-design-for-the-mandalorian-season-2.html
I was hoping his character would be Cad Bane, but if this is the rendering then that's not happening
Capitol Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

What if we've never scene another Yoda species (besides stupid pink Yaddle, which is debatable) because Yoda is in fact a one-of-a-kind Force Phoenix creature?

He dies, becomes one with the force, and is reincarnated / reborn lives 900 years - rinse & repeat...

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Grand Master Yoda
stepped into the time portal - and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Jar Jar, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Yoda can see and hear. And so Yoda finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap... will be the leap home.
This needs more stars. Too funny.
powerbelly
AG
I thought Bane died near the end of the clone wars series
78_Pacecar
AG
dromo07 said:

What if it is baby yoda and Ahsoka uses the world between worlds and takes him back in time to keep him safe?
I believe Ezra was the only one able to open that portal. That's why the emperor was trying to hard to win him over when they collected the ruins of the gateway in the last episode.
78_Pacecar
AG
powerbelly said:

Don't believe so, there was an episode where that was hinted, then they showed he had stripped a clone trooper of his armor and escaped.
Wheatables02
AG
Keegan99 said:

He was team leader of the SEAL team that got whacked in The Rock?

"Stand fast!"
I cannot give that order. I will not give that order!
YouBet
AG
Yeah, I don't think Cad Bane is dead. Would love to see him in Mandalorian.
powerbelly
AG
78_Pacecar said:

powerbelly said:

Don't believe so, there was an episode where that was hinted, then they showed he had stripped a clone trooper of his armor and escaped.
I thought there was a scene where he duels Boba Fett and it is implied one dies. I may be remembering an unreleased scene.

ETA: I was.

CrottyKid
AG
Now THAT really needs the spaghetti western music.
mazag08
AG
powerbelly said:

78_Pacecar said:

powerbelly said:

I thought there was a scene where he duels Boba Fett and it is implied one dies. I may be remembering an unreleased scene.

ETA: I was.

That is super cringey
Duncan Idaho
What was cringy about that?

It looked like standard pre-viz footage.
Duncan Idaho
The thumbnail made me think it was a MST3K clip
jokershady
AG
78_Pacecar said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I was hoping his character would be Cad Bane, but if this is the rendering then that's not happening
as great as bein is not sure I can see him as Bane
jokershady
AG
It's a long read but a good one on Beihn...for those asking where'd he go to sum this up he simply never wanted to be a big star

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-what-happened-star-michael-biehn-1228634
fig96
AG
wrong SW thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.