*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,580 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Beskar is all over the EU thanks to the brilliance of author Karen Traviss who basically invented the entire culture over a couple of different series of books. You can read a good history of the armor here:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-history-of-mandalorian-armor

Still, he's got Beskar, Bo Katan and her associates have Beskar, Jawas found Beskar lying in the desert, random bad chick has pure Beskar stick, etc.

A new favorite has emerged in the race to play Thrawn.

When is his interview?
combat wombat™
AG
Alexander Skarsgard

Or, if not

Lee Pace
fig96
AG
I was going to bring her up, figured she'd had some training after seeing her action sequences and after looking up who it was that was an understatement

Fun fact: she was Buffy's stunt double in some of their early episodes.
Ag Since 83
AG
Saxsoon said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Beskar is all over the EU thanks to the brilliance of author Karen Traviss who basically invented the entire culture over a couple of different series of books. You can read a good history of the armor here:

Still, he's got Beskar, Bo Katan and her associates have Beskar, Jawas found Beskar lying in the desert, random bad chick has pure Beskar stick, etc.

When is his interview?
OH MY GOD WE'RE HAVING A FIRE...

...ing exercise...

THE BURNING THE BURNING
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I also dislike how more and more Jedi keep popping up during the time when Luke should have been the last Jedi.

I blame Rebels.
redline248
AG
Lee Pace would be a good choice
The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Saxsoon said:

MuckRaker96 said:

When is his interview?
You realize we're that close to a Tobias Bluth/Carl Weathers on-screen acting project
combat wombat™
AG
Granted, it's not very hard to visualize.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Max Power said:

Is it weird that I was more geeked about seeing Michael Biehn than anything this episode?
I liked how Hicks was using a shotgun blaster.......for close encounters.
twilly
AG

Schall 02
AG
I mean, forgive me if this has been ruled out, but we've got to see the white light sabers vs. the black light saber at some point, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
heddleston
AG
My favorite part was when Mando called it a 'laser sword'
AggieDub14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I also dislike how more and more Jedi keep popping up during the time when Luke should have been the last Jedi.

I blame Rebels.

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi and frequently tells people she is not a Jedi as she willingly left the order after they failed to defend her against Tarken and the accusations made against her. Neither was Kanan Jarrus or Ezra (they simply claimed to be).
AggieDub14
AG
twilly said:

I love the subtle connections being done in this show. It's incredible. Adds rewatch value.
gougler08
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi. Neither was Kanan Jarrus or Ezra (they simply claimed to be).

Yet the episode was called the Jedi
powerbelly
AG
gougler08 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi. Neither was Kanan Jarrus or Ezra (they simply claimed to be).

Grogu is a jedi not Ahsoka.
AggieDub14
AG
gougler08 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Yeah Grogu is a Jedi. Ahsoka frequently tells people in Rebels and the later parts of Clone Wars that she left the Jedi order. People call her a Jedi and she corrects them. She isn't a Jedi.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
gougler08 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Because that's what Mando thought he was looking for, for all he knew.
redline248
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi and frequently tells people she is not a Jedi as she willingly left the order after they failed to defend her against Tarken and the accusations made against her. Neither was Kanan Jarrus or Ezra (they simply claimed to be).
Why do you say Kanan and Ezra aren't Jedi? Kanan, at least, was further along than Grogu when order 66 went down. So, if we're calling Grogu a Jedi, Kanan also is. Especially since he ended up continuing the Jedi path to the point of completing his "trial." As to Ezra, he was taught by Kanan, who was following his own Jedi training and even got a nice lesson from Yoda.
powerbelly
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Disagree. Kanan and Ezra are both Jedis.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.
As to this...it's already pointed out that Ahsoka isn't a Jedi, Kanan is dead (and died before Luke meets Obi-Wan, and Ezra is lost. So, technically, Luke is the only one...though he could be in the stages of finding new ones at this point.

Now, could Mandalorian introduce someone else? Yes, and I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

Edit: accidentally typed rebels instead of Mandalorian
Duncan Idaho
Can Disney sell star wars to another subsidiary so we can flush the the prequels and the sequels from cannon and let Jon and Dave take a swing at them?
CrottyKid
AG
Jude Law would be a good pick.
DB Coach
AG
Isn't Cal Kestis alive?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.
As to this...it's already pointed out that Ahsoka isn't a Jedi, Kanan is dead (and died before Luke meets Obi-Wan, and Ezra is lost. So, technically, Luke is the only one...though he could be in the stages of finding new ones at this point.

Now, could Mandalorian introduce someone else? Yes, and I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

Edit: accidentally typed rebels instead of Mandalorian

I wonder if some no-name Jedi will show up to mentor Yoda just for the Beskar dark troopers to utterly destroy as a way to show how badass they are.

Hopefully not, as this wouldn't be great storytelling.

Because Filoni is involved, maybe Asajj Ventress will show up. If not next episode, down the road: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asajj_Ventress

I was on the edge of my seat at the end of last episode expecting Gideon to have used his tracker to recapture baby Yoda and force the Mandalorian and Ahsoka to go on a rescue mission to save him. I wonder when Gideon and the dark troopers will show up to wreck shop.
Thanks and gig'em
Ag Since 83
AG
DB Coach said:

Isn't Cal Kestis alive?
Yes
redline248
AG
Who is Cal Kestis, the character from the video game? If so, I have no comment about him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

Pretty good counter-argument.

AggieDub14
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

That's fair and I was hesitant to write that about Kanan with that scene in mind. But Kanan also has attachment to Hera, which is against the rules. Kanan was a drunk following order 66 and essentially left his training behind. That's what makes me feel he isn't a Jedi. That one is a grey area.

Ezra may have learned Jedi teachings from Kanan, but Ezra constantly steps over the line when it comes to temptation from the dark side. And when you consider that Kanan was far from a Jedi master and the fact that Ezra was far too old to begin learning the Jedi ways (not to mention his attachment to his parents) I would argue Ezra is not a Jedi. Just someone who trained in their ways.

My logic is flawed though. Because with that same logic one could argue Luke isn't a Jedi either. So maybe I'm wrong. Just how I interpret things.
powerbelly
AG
AggieDub14 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I blame Rebels.

That's fair and I was hesitant to write that about Kanan with that scene in mind. But Kanan also has attachment to Hera, which is against the rules. Kanan was a drunk following order 66 and essentially left his training behind. That's what makes me feel he isn't a Jedi. That one is a grey area.

Ezra may have learned Jedi teachings from Kanan, but Ezra constantly steps over the line when it comes to temptation from the dark side. And when you consider that Kanan was far from a Jedi master and the fact that Ezra was far too old to begin learning the Jedi ways (not to mention his attachment to his parents) I would argue Ezra is not a Jedi. Just someone who trained in their ways.

So Luke isnt a jedi either
AggieDub14
AG
It's a tough road to go down. What defines someone as a Jedi? I guess that's the central question here.

Ahsoka straight up says she isn't one.

Ezra claims to be but he doesn't follow the code and was never trained by a master.

Luke doesn't follow the code but he was trained by Yoda. But not nearly as long as your standard Jedi knight.

Hard to say. In some of the Old Republic focused games you see Jedi kicked out of the order for failing to follow the code. So how does ones adherence to the code impact their status? Especially in the post Clone Wars time frame when most Jedi are gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.