*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,576 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it asking too much to get an entire episode of Grogu smashing storm troopers against the wall? I really want more of that.
mazag08
AG
Character development has been awesome this season
CrottyKid
AG
Finally watched the latest episode.
Totally awesome!
jokershady
AG
Had a thought this morning...

What's the #1hated aspect of the ST? No cohesive story....nothing was fully planned out and they just went movie to movie making it up as they went.

I realized this morning that The Mandalorian has been planned out way more that we've realized. Think about this:

They had already planned from S1, E5 to use the shot of Boba (un-known to us at the time) walking towards assassin to bring both back later on and have purpose.

They introduced smart-ass awesome comedian in S1, E6 and now he's coming back with purpose.

The quick shot of S1, E3 with Grogu (damn right it's an awesome name) on the table with them extracting blood (un-known to us at the time) playing out to much more importance in S2, E3.

I just get the feeling they knew damn well how many seasons and episodes they've wanted to do from the start and that this thing is building to something greater than we could've imagined.
OnlyForNow
AG
The story boarding they show after each episode is pretty damn awesome and shows how the idea turns into reality for the show.
Saxsoon
AG
jokershady said:

Had a thought this morning...

What's the #1hated aspect of the ST? No cohesive story....nothing was fully planned out and they just went movie to movie making it up as they went.

I realized this morning that The Mandalorian has been planned out way more that we've realized. Think about this:

They had already planned from S1, E5 to use the shot of Boba (un-known to us at the time) walking towards assassin to bring both back later on and have purpose.

They introduced smart-ass awesome comedian in S1, E6 and now he's coming back with purpose.

The quick shot of S1, E3 with Grogu (damn right it's an awesome name) on the table with them extracting blood (un-known to us at the time) playing out to much more importance in S2, E3.

I just get the feeling they knew damn well how many seasons and episodes they've wanted to do from the start and that this thing is building to something greater than we could've imagined.

I remember a complaint being that there are these one off heroes showing up for these episodes to never come back. Which I thought was a terribly short sighted complaint and we are seeing how wrong that is.
Murder Hornet
AG
Seeing Boba literally wreck storm troopers this morning put me right into game mood

And that's just what were gonna do them, Ags!!

BTHOauburn
The Debt
BrownCoat said:

Anybody interested in a Mando Texas Patch?

That would be a Fett patch.

Din's sigil is the mud horn

jeffk
AG
I kind of like the retcon of Jango being a foundling. Makes more sense than Boba being some sort of stolen valor hack.
Saxsoon
AG
jeffk said:

I kind of like the retcon of Jango being a foundling. Makes more sense than Boba being some sort of stolen valor hack.

I really liked it.
jeffk
AG
Jango's armor was originally blue too wasn't it.
Saxsoon
AG

They brought his rifle back from the special too!
The Debt
jeffk said:

Jango's armor was originally blue too wasn't it.

I read somewhere that coloring your armor has certain significance. Boba turning it green was the color of revenge, or something
jeffk
AG
It could use some touch ups tbh.
The Debt
jeffk said:

The problem with Jango being a foundling is that that makes him part of the watch, which means his helmetless interaction with Obiwan in ep2 is now out of character.

Had jango been part of starbucks original noncult mandolarians it would make sense.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm frustrated with Disney Plus. My subscription expired, and when I try to update my payment, the button is broken so it just refreshes the page and I can't do anything. Tried on the app and the website. Anybody else ran into this?
The Debt
Champ Bailey said:

I'm frustrated with Disney Plus. My subscription expired, and when I try to update my payment, the button is broken so it just refreshes the page and I can't do anything. Tried on the app and the website. Anybody else ran into this?
lol poors who dont know Bob Iger
Saxsoon
AG
The Debt said:

jeffk said:

The problem with Jango being a foundling is that that makes him part of the watch, which means his helmetless interaction with Obiwan in ep2 is now out of character.

Had jango been part of starbucks original noncult mandolarians it would make sense.
I thought foundlings could happen outside of the watch?
MandoArms
I don't think all foundling went to the watch. I think every clan took in foundlings not just The Watch.
IG: mando_arms
The Debt
It would make sense if starbuck mandolarians are a pure race, and the watch is an offbranch cult that recruits aliens and outsiders (foundings) to teaches them "the way" of ancient mandolor.

Imagine if the Watch came about after the war. The Watch draws from outside because the mandalorians lost the war and are numerically decimated.
MandoArms
Well the Mandalorians used to be an alien race that slowly integrated humans into it. The original race went extinct.

So now the fact is "Mandalorian isn't a race it's a creed" as they stated in the first season.
IG: mando_arms
OnlyForNow
AG
That's basically what Din's group is. They are a faction that came into their own power after the fall of Mandalore. They wouldn't be so in your face about "this is the way" helmet wise if Mandorians were a United group.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Took me until the third viewing to notice temeura spins his pistol like he did in AOTC
fig96
AG
OnlyForNow said:

The story boarding they show after each episode is pretty damn awesome and shows how the idea turns into reality for the show.
The first "art of" book (which is notably "The Art of Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season One)") just dropped.

https://smile.amazon.com/Art-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Season/dp/141974870X

TCTTS
AG
Also...

(I can't believe I just made this, but thought it was a cool little nod.)
amercer
AG
Aw hell no.
amercer
AG
These last two episodes better be an hour each with what they set up in this one
redline248
AG
Buddy texts "just watched Mandalorian" as I'm literally clicking play, and he follows with the gif of Anakin in Ep 2 saying I HATE THEM!

And then "The Tragedy" comes up and I nearly ****ing lost it.
PooDoo
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Did you have the account linked to Espn+ or Hulu?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
No, just as a stand-alone. Maybe I could try adding my subscription through Hulu instead.
jokershady
AG
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I wonder if Mando's "we never remove our helmets" sect of Mandalorians was founded by a non-human... or maybe even a Jedi who escaped order 66.

Given that the rest of Mandalorian culture is exclusively human, it would make sense to make that's rule if you're an alien trying to get in. And if you're a Jedi who escaped order 66, you'd certainly want to embrace an underground lifestyle and establish a rule against removing your helmets.

The rule of "never removing your helmet," didn't exist in any of the cartoons, so I sense this faction was formed sometime after the clone wars.

Would be something cool to explore down the line.
Thanks and gig'em
powerbelly
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

I wonder if Mando's "we never remove our helmets" sect of Mandalorians was founded by a non-human... or maybe even a Jedi who escaped order 66.

Given that the rest of Mandalorian culture is exclusively human, it would make sense to make that's rule if you're an alien trying to get in. And if you're a Jedi who escaped order 66, you'd certainly want to embrace an underground lifestyle and establish a rule against removing your helmets.

The rule of "never removing your helmet," didn't exist in any of the cartoons, so I sense this faction was formed sometime after the clone wars.

Would be something cool to explore down the line.

It is most likely from the old mandalorian tradition of the leader of the mandalorians not removing his helmet and losing their individual individual identity. His sect is a radicalized group that takes a tradition for one person and applies it to the whole group
amercer
AG
So Grogu has a little dark side in him. I wonder if that impacts how the bad guys intend to use him. We've seen ex imperials, cloning scientists, and a lot of stuff from the OT and PT. But if they are ready making Snoke or cloning the emperor, we need to see some sith cult folk right? Maybe they take to a little dark side Yoda....
TXAG 05
AG
I'm hoping the final 2 episodes are Commando in space, with Mando on a rampage to get Grogu back. Or probably more like Magnificent 7, with him getting a posse together Bill Burr, Fett, Bo Katan, and maybe Ashoka to lay down some vengeance

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.