*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

291,533 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watched the Gallery last night. You guys are nuts if you think there won't be a second episode all about recreating Luke as well as the music contributions.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
The thing I enjoy most from the Gallery episodes is just how much everyone involved with making Mandalorian loves Star Wars.
Fenrir
I imagine that if he was sarcastically going after the guy that originally made fun of SWT guy then a quick clarification would have solved a lot or at least given him some cover. That he deleted any and all tweets related to the event in an attempt to go radio silence he has allowed others to dictate the narrative.
twilly
AG
redline248
AG
I don't know much about Hidalgo, and really don't even care about him...but I do remember him attacking people who disliked The Last Jedi...so, he can EAD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Then why would he screenshot it and make it his header? And why delete all his old tweets? This whole thing is bizarre. And reeks of PR.
TCTTS
AG
All I know is that if I had to deal with Star Wars fans shouting at me online all day every day for years on end, warranted or not, I would probably lose my mind, and show far less restraint than Hidalgo ever has. I give everyone involved in this scenario, on both sides, the benefit of the doubt.
Fenrir
Dude has had a private twitter for years if I recall correctly. He went on this branch of his own choosing.
redline248
AG
lol, we yell at you all the time for all sorts of stuff
TCTTS
AG
Which is exactly why I empathize with him.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I followed him before his purge/private account. Still, it was public for years, and I'm sure there's a ton of residual/pent up emotion there.
Fenrir
I'm sure. A person probably doesn't call their fanbase a bunch of ****heads and *******s and get over the root cause of that sentiment quickly.

Either way, his decision to mock the guy caused this (no I don't buy his apology/excuse tweet posted half a day later).
PatAg
AG
It sure doesn't hurt that this star wars theory video will get a **** ton of views.

Also, I don't buy Pablo's excuse for a minute. He is like many people that don't really understand how Twitter works. You can't be a studio exec and expect to get away with being a ****head.
Philip J Fry
AG
Being that I just watched Two Towers, I'm going to go with he was riffing from the famous "They are not for eating" line.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
TCTTS said:

All I know is that if I had to deal with Star Wars fans shouting at me online all day every day for years on end, warranted or not, I would probably lose my mind, and show far less restraint than Hidalgo ever has. I give everyone involved in this scenario, on both sides, the benefit of the doubt.
And the thing is, we're more than 20 years out from the Phantom Menace and the faux outrage of original fans playing the "you ruined my childhood" card. We're now on a 2nd or 3rd wave of clickbait artists just constantly trying to gin up outrage towards anything they can find. Are they really fans? If so, of what?
tremble
AG
Finally watched the end of season 2. It's crazy how much they've done to resurrect the broader Star Wars universe in 2 seasons.

It also makes me incredibly disappointed that we are stuck with the sequels because they make everything interesting about this new side of SW somewhat irrelevant.

Can we just retcon the **** out of the new trilogy?
M.C. Swag
AG
honestly the best thing Disney could do would be to move completely off the skywalker era star wars universe but that would mean abandoning all the Mandalorian subplots. At this point we just have to pretend the new trilogy doesnt exist.
tremble
AG
Honestly, I'll take it. Jettison the trash trilogy and recreate everything. You don't even need movies for it. 8 seasons of Mando + Bo, Boba, Ashoka, and Jedi Academy would be legit.

The way the First Order kind of explodes out of nowhere has never made any sense, let alone the Palpatine Army on a desolate barren rock/system.
TCTTS
AG
The sequel trilogy is still, like, 20 years away in-universe. To that end, I think all they're going to do in this era of shows, at most, is set up the First Order in some form or fashion, and that's about it. I still think they have quite a bit of freedom to play around and go in a unique, never-before-seen direction.
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

The sequel trilogy is still, like, 20 years away in-universe. To that end, I think all they're going to do in this era of shows, at most, is set up the First Order in some form or fashion, and that's about it. I still think they have quite a bit of freedom to play around and go in a unique, never-before-seen direction.
Right but it will still put a cap (or ceiling) on where the story can ultimately go. And it's going to get tiresome trying to retcon an Obi wan story, and Ahsoka story, a Luke Jedi temple story, etc to narratively fit inside this ~40-50 year window in a way that doesn't feel contrived.

Like, it's not sustainable to keep playing in this sandbox. At some point, they MUST move off the skywalker timeline (if for no other reason than to give themselves narrative freedom). I think alot of viewers (including myself) are ready for a new order of jedi/sith conflict that isn't focused on any of the previous trilogies.
78_Pacecar
AG
M.C. Swag said:

TCTTS said:

Right but it will still put a cap (or ceiling) on where the story can ultimately go. And it's going to get tiresome trying to retcon an Obi wan story, and Ahsoka story, a Luke Jedi temple story, etc to narratively fit inside this ~40-50 year window in a way that doesn't feel contrived.

Like, it's not sustainable to keep playing in this sandbox. At some point, they MUST move off the skywalker timeline (if for no other reason than to give themselves narrative freedom). I think alot of viewers (including myself) are ready for a new order of jedi/sith conflict that isn't focused on any of the previous trilogies.
Bring on Revan, and Darth Bane
TXAG 05
AG
M.C. Swag said:

At this point we just have to pretend the new trilogy doesnt exist.

Already done. Prequels too. As far as I'm concerned they are just fan fiction.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TXAG 05 said:

M.C. Swag said:

"Legends"
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
bluefire579
AG
M.C. Swag said:

TCTTS said:

They already are with the High Republic stuff. For the stuff they've done up until now, it's a lot easier to build upon the established timeline than create something brand new, which was a lot of the problem with the way they rushed the sequel trilogy. I think moving past this current slate of shows, we're going to see a lot more stuff outside the skywalker era
Decay
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

M.C. Swag said:

"Legends"

They can just retcon "It's true, all of it." as a lie and suddenly it's all just legend. Easy!
M.C. Swag
AG
What's the high republic stuff?
LPHA
AG
Chandrila legalized it, man.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
LPHA said:

Chandrila legalized it, man.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
bluefire579
AG
M.C. Swag said:

What's the high republic stuff?
They're starting with books and comics, and one of the series they announced will take place in the time period. Takes place about 200 years before the skywalker stuff
twilly
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
to make this Mandalorian related again... series finale should have Mando about to die but in his final act he puts Grogu in carbonite and hides him somewhere (jedi temple). would conveniently explain Grogu not being subjected to the ST and allow for him to be discovered in a new series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Good stuff, Gina.
thejavelina
I thought this was an interesting video about Ahsoka's appearance in the show. Rosario Dawson's voice is modulated to sound more like Ashley Eckstein. I'm surprised they didn't do something like this in post.

dave94
AG
I don't think that works at all. It seems too dollish. Definitely doesn't fit the more mature look that Rosario has.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.