*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,085 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a good point, and yeah, probably why, but there was still a way to at least better-hint at a classic theme, or just have better music period, even if completely new and original. For such a momentous occasion, just something about what we got didn't fit the scene to me, was underwhelming, etc.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

Seeing the green saber ignited absolutely gave me chills, to the point where I didn't expect to have the emotional response to it that I did. It was like my entire childhood came rushing back in that moment.

Same here. Had the biggest smile the whole time. Agree that the de-aging or whatever they did wasn't great, but it was still Luke Skywalker on screen kicking ass.

And now we have Boba the Hutt?
bluefire579
AG
I just came here to say that fat Bib Fortuna is the gift we all didn't know we needed. Merry Christmas (or Happy Life Day) everyone
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AMW2010 said:

So just thinking out loud... we know how the Star Wars (skywalker story) movies end... we know how return of the Jedi ends... and we know how the new trilogy starts and ended... so where does grogu end up in all this? For the most part the mandalorian happens pretty soon after RotJ... so do we speculate a few options... the child ends back up with Mando, Luke trains him, and then that's the last we hear of it, grogu is part of Luke's new Jedi training that falls apart with Ben and gets killed there along with the others... or other option is the unknown. I feel the bond on grogu and mando are strong, and the fear leads Luke to not wanna train him. That could be where mando seeks out Asoka to help find Grogu... I'm probably wrong
We know from the Disney even that there's going to be some sort of big finale crossover event between Mando series Ahsoka's series, an the Rangers of the New Republic. 1000000000% guarantee Grogu is in that, older, able to speak a language, and totally bad-ass.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Someone much more talented than me needs to side-by-side Luke in the hallway vs. the Dark Troopers and Vader in the hall in Rogue One.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Someone much more talented than me needs to side-by-side Luke in the hallway vs. the Dark Troopers and Vader in the hall in Rogue One.
It was an amazing parallel.
Ag Since 83
AG
It should have been an amazing parallel, but it felt slow, the music didn't fit...

Meanwhile your show's main characters were just standing there watching
djmeen95
AG
Man. Complaining about any of this is beyond my little brain.

THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME. FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY WE GET THE GIFT WE WANTED. THANKS FAVREAU!!!!

AND EFF YOU KENNEDY!!!
caleblyn
MuckRaker96 said:

AMW2010 said:

So just thinking out loud... we know how the Star Wars (skywalker story) movies end... we know how return of the Jedi ends... and we know how the new trilogy starts and ended... so where does grogu end up in all this? For the most part the mandalorian happens pretty soon after RotJ... so do we speculate a few options... the child ends back up with Mando, Luke trains him, and then that's the last we hear of it, grogu is part of Luke's new Jedi training that falls apart with Ben and gets killed there along with the others... or other option is the unknown. I feel the bond on grogu and mando are strong, and the fear leads Luke to not wanna train him. That could be where mando seeks out Asoka to help find Grogu... I'm probably wrong
We know from the Disney even that there's going to be some sort of big finale crossover event between Mando series Ahsoka's series, an the Rangers of the New Republic. 1000000000% guarantee Grogu is in that, older, able to speak a language, and totally bad-ass.
or...Kylo Ren kills Baby Yoda!

twilly
AG
Interesting...could a death of Grogu be a reason for Luke to retreat from the Force??? Meditate on that, I shall.
kegstand
AG
caleblyn said:

MuckRaker96 said:

AMW2010 said:

We're 19 years from Ben turning to the dark side. By that time Grogu will be 69. If Yoda was a Jedi Master at 100, Grogu should at least be a Knight, I'd assume. I have a feeling by then or sometime before, Grogu will leave and reinsert himself to the storyline somewhere else.
redline248
AG
The only critical comment I have, that isn't really a complaint, imo, is that I was not expecting skrillex beats in a star wars show. Lol

When that X-Wing was shown slowly gliding through the ray shields and not answering the request to identify, I felt like a kid. I sat up and started saying out loud to myself "is that Luke. Did they bring in Luke? That's gotta be ****ing Luke Skywalker!"

Man was I grinning
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LUKE

MOTHER****ING

SKYWALKER

Nerd tears. Straight up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My one wish was that the Force Theme had played during that sequence. God, that would've been PERFECT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I literally said "holy f***k" out loud when the X-Wing appeared. Knew who it was and couldn't believe they were doing it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
powerbelly
AG
bluefire579 said:

I just came here to say that fat Bib Fortuna is the gift we all didn't know we needed. Merry Christmas (or Happy Life Day) everyone
YES
NC2001
AG
ODraconianDevil said:

caleblyn said:

MuckRaker96 said:

AMW2010 said:

We're 19 years from Ben turning to the dark side. By that time Grogu will be 69. If Yoda was a Jedi Master at 100, Grogu should at least be a Knight, I'd assume. I have a feeling by then or sometime before, Grogu will leave and reinsert himself to the storyline somewhere else.

Who knows, perhaps Grogu says, "Screw it, I don't want to be a Jedi." and joins Mando as a Mandalorian. They are a two-person clan...
Sailor
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

In complete disbelief that they actually went there.

And yet, I know I'm going to get sh*t for this, but I still don't quite know how I feel. Mando and Grogu's goodbye was touching and emotional for sure - that aspect was handled incredibly well - but man, I have to say, Luke looked baaaaaaaaaad. That was maybe some of the worse de-aging effects I've ever seen, worse than anything from even 10 and 15 years ago. It was like they spliced actual Luke face footage from ROTJ and awkwardly grafted it onto another actor, and shoehorned in Luke ROTJ dialogue bits as well. Luke boarding the ship and fighting his way through it was badass, no doubt, but once he revealed himself I was just so distracted by how terrible he looked that it kind of ruined the moment for me.

In fact, after three beautifully shot, incredibly cinematic episodes, this episode as a whole looked like bland, sh*tty, soundstage TV to me. The cinematography was so flat and episodic and the whole thing just felt a bit off in that regard, compared to the amazing trajectory this show has been on. I know my mind is supposed to be melting right now, and I don't mean to rain on the parade, but outside of the super-fan-servicy last two or three scenes, I thought this was one of the worst episodes of the series so far up until that point, for a variety of reasons, where we're once again back to stilted dialogue where no one talks like real human beings, it's a bunch of running through hallway after hallway again, etc.

That said, I'm definitely excited for where things are headed, with Mando now being the owner of the dark saber; from reluctant babysitter to (a potentially) reluctant ruler is a great pivot, especially if there's tension or even an all out war between him and Bo. And I don't even know if I can wrap my mind around The Book of Boba Fett yet. Right now, all I know is that's an AWESOME title, and to have it revealed literally the day after Jeremy Bulloch died is just flat out eerie, but also incredibly cool.
thejavelina
The sequels are being de-canonized right in front of our eyes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
thejavelina said:

The sequels are being de-canonized right in front of our eyes.

Hows that?
Saxsoon
AG
djmeen95 said:

Man. Complaining about any of this is beyond my little brain.

THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME. FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY WE GET THE GIFT WE WANTED. THANKS FAVREAU!!!!

AND EFF YOU KENNEDY!!!

I mean Kennedy approved this
BCSGrubber
AG
So is there going to be a fight over the Dark Saber?
Saxsoon
AG
I really liked the pacing of this episode and the foreshadowing of Bo wanting Gideon. The little sniping he did to try and turn Bo against Din was perfect.

And then the ****ing x wing. That ****ing x wing. You mother ****ers that x wing. They had the balls to go there and the fan base will go wild. They just did the strongest thing they could to make sure this isn't Agents of Shield vs the MCU.
texasaggie04
AG
So now there will be four Disney+ Star Wars shows set at the same time?

Mandalorian - focusing on Mandalore, the Dark Saber, etc
Book of Boba - focusing on wacky adventures of the bounty hunter, I guess
(Ahsoka's show) - focusing on search for Thrawn and Ezra?
(Cara Dune's show) - is this one still a thing?
Saxsoon
AG
I seriously don't know how they kept this under wraps.
combat wombat™
AG
OMFG!!!

SO AWESOME!
djmeen95
AG
Ok. Side rant. Kennedy is out of her depth with Star Wars and whatever she actively touches has been a mess.

And don't give me any "she touched this" stuff. Just cause she signed the invoices doesn't mean she gets credit. She's crap.

And Favreau and Filoni (and the group they've led in this) only highlight how incompetent she is.

Rant over. Lol.
Saxsoon
AG
djmeen95 said:

Ok. Side rant. Kennedy is out of her depth with Star Wars and whatever she actively touches has been a mess.

And don't give me any "she touched this" stuff. Just cause she signed the invoices doesn't mean she gets credit. She's crap.

And Favreau and Filoni (and the group they've led in this) only highlight how incompetent she is.

Rant over. Lol.

Look I don't like Kennedy but she is involved with Mandalorian whether you ***** about it or not
Saxsoon
AG
Also didn't realize I would get so choked up at that scene between Din and Grogu
mazag08
AG
I had no problem with how Luke looked and sounded. Dear lord, its like some of yall paused and zoomed in to try and find a hair that didn't look right. Considering there was no way to do this any other way, and even get this close, and with a budget of $15M (which is high for tv but still not enough to expect an actor in his 60's to look exactly like he did when was 30), I say they did an A+ job.

Now, the complaints about the music and the pace of his fighting, those are decently warranted. His saber wasn't moving fast enough to block all the lasers that were or should have been coming at him. It did feel a little lacking. But holy hell, we just got some semblance of the Luke Skywalker domination that we should have gotten in TLJ. I'm happy. I'm amazed. I'm forgiving of the faults.
PatAg
AG
Saxsoon said:

djmeen95 said:

Rant over. Lol.

Look I don't like Kennedy but she is involved with Mandalorian whether you ***** about it or now
She horrifically dropped the ball with the 7-9 trilogy, chose well on Rogue and Mandalorian, and actually ****ed up Solo even if it ended up being a good movie.
Even just disregarding the stories, everything that has happened with directors/writers being hired and fired frequently in such a short run of movies is bad.
PatAg
AG
I believe they should have just recast the role, when you try to CGI it to make it look real people can tell its wrong and their subconscious won't allow them to look past it. The eyes, and all the facial muscles just don't react the way a living person's do.

Personally, I don't really care and that was awesome, but the scene in the bridge could have been so much better for that reason.

As much as I have grown to really enjoy the soundtrack to this show, they definitely dropped the ball not having at least a hint of the Force theme (specifically the section from the twin suns setting on Tattoine) play at all. He even could have worked it into his style of music, just a couple strains of it would have worked.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
9.9 on IMDB.

I think fans are happy.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Harry Lime said:

MuckRaker96 said:

It was an amazing parallel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.