*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,589 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But seriously, that was great. How can you not love Timothy Olyphant?

I wonder why they don't film the whole show in the aspect ratio they used for the final scene. It is made for TV after all. I wish they would.
Ag Since 83
AG
I expect Boba's arc to be about him restoring his honor, finally earning the Mandalorian armor, etc.
TCTTS
AG
This. It looked SO MUCH better in full, 16 x 9.
TXAG 05
AG
kyledr04 said:

Iowaggie said:

TXAG 05 said:

Great start. Like someone posted above, definitely made me think of Tremors

Said the same thing to wife.

Needs more Bacon

Bacon would have been a great marshall

While watching, I kept thinking Bill Paxton would have been perfect. Nothing against Olyphant though.
XXXVII
One thing I discovered from this episode is that Luke was a monster for bullseyeing those cute little womprats in his T16 back home.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What a callback.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Timestamped for relevance:

TCTTS
AG
tk for tu juan
Thanks to that ScreenCrush video, I do not have to go back and watch TPM to see if the pod racer engine belonged to anyone. Wish that was something I could have, insane power to weight ratio.

Definitely liked the old west ride into town that was almost an Easy Rider chopper ride into town too.
TCTTS
AG
No problem. Honestly, for me, the ScreenCrush recaps are almost just as essential/entertaining as the episodes themselves.
The Debt
Ag Since 83 said:

I expect Boba's arc to be about him restoring his honor, finally earning the Mandalorian armor, etc.

Why wouldn't he have honor?

How hasnt he earned his armor? He was one of the most revered bounty hunters in the galaxy.

Iowaggie
AG
TCTTS said:

My kid asked me to dress up as Vader to match his Mandalorian costume. I told him to stop being an idiot and that those two would never meet.
Ag Since 83
AG
The Debt said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Why wouldn't he have honor?

How hasnt he earned his armor? He was one of the most revered bounty hunters in the galaxy.

It is canon that Jango Fett was not a Mandalorian, and that he did not receive his armor in any way endorsed by Mandalorians. He wasn't a part of any group bound by some code like we see Mando is. The same goes for Boba. Was he a feared bounty hunter? Sure. But at no point did we see him do anything that would sho he has honor or a code like Mando and the blacksmith.

I predict that he will have to prove to the Mandalorians that he is in fact worthy of being one of them to gain acceptance and get his armor back. His last line will probably be "this is the way." He might even sacrifice himself IG-11 style

Without such an arc there's really no point in bringing him back besides pointless fan service. But hey it's Star Wars so that's certainly possible
XXXVII
I could be wrong, but I still see Boba Fett being a villain in this show. We know he hates jedi's since one killed his father and another one indirectly caused him to get thrown into a sarlacc pit. I would think he would then hate any creature that has force powers like baby yoda.
exitone
AG
So Boba was wearing Raider gear at the end. Has anyone gone back and rewatched the episode knowing that, and looked for clues to see if he was one of the T Raiders we saw throughout the hour? I will probably give that a try today once the Cowboys are down by 40. I figured someone would have mentioned something on the intraweb by now if there was anything, but just curious.
12th Man Ag
AG
OK, I need to watch readily available shows to get the whole story arc. The Mandolorian takes place after Return of the Jedi, but before The Force Awakens, correct?

So, to watch all the stuff on Disney+ in order, it goes like this:

Ep 1-3
Solo
Clone Wars
Rogue One
Ep 4-6
Mandalorian
Ep 7-9

Where do Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Resistance (is this something I should even watch) slot into the timeline? Should I include The Clone Wars movie or just the series?

Thanks in advance!
amercer
AG
I believe clone wars is between ep 2 and 3. Rebels should be concurrent with Rouge One I think.
bluefire579
AG
Here ya go

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If they are following the Clone Wars canon, then Boba Fett is very familiar with Tatooine already. He set up a bounty hunter syndicate as a teenager there called Krayt's Claw and operated from there as he tried to kill Mace Windu to avenge his father. So it seems as good a place as any to hang out after he escapes the Sarlaac.

I have had a lot of wild tangential thoughts about Fett in the past few days that I'll throw out for discussion.

1) He might have suffered some sort of brain damage or memory loss in escaping the Sarlaac and not have the faintest idea who he is until he happens to see Mando drive by and seeing the armor jars his memory.

2) He might have been in his armor when the Krayt ate his Sarlaac and that's how he got free. He might even have a certain reverence for the Krayt as his savior and be pissed that it just got killed.

3) If his mind is intact, he probably knows more about Jedi than any other being currently alive in the galaxy beyond Luke, Ahsoka, and Chewbacca (ROTS fight). He was on Geonosis the day Yoda brough the clone troopers to start the war. Now he might not remember Yoda specifically, since his Dad was killed moments later, but he fought Luke in ROTJ, helped his Dad fight Obi-Wan in AOTC, and interacted directly with ANakin, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, and Ahsoka in Clone Wars. The problem is that he hates the Jedi and would probably kill BY if he could out of hate. Or suggest they take him to Luke and try to kill Luke (I will have Luke in this thing one way or another).

4) As someone else mentioned, Boba is a clone. BY is probably a clone based on what we saw from the scientst dude in Chapter 1 and Chapter 3 of the first seasons wearing symbology from Kamino. Kamino had a big battle fought there late in the CLone Wars, but a revisit with Boba and BY and Mando would be pretty freaking sweet, especially if any of the scientists are still alive, or the template is still on file for BY or Jango.
redline248
AG
How did he survive/escape?
Dro07
AG
Resistance is trash. Not even worth the time
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

How did he survive/escape?

I believe Robot Chicken is the authoritative source on this
WALTON LOADS!
AG
I'm hoping we get a flashback to that sometime this season.
redline248
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

I'm guessing it was Boba who found the dead assassin in S1, and it was Boba we saw at the end of this week's episode.
It was definitely the marshal and not Boba at the end of S1E5. You can hear the "spur" clink sound as he's walking, and when the marshal walks into the bar when he first meets Mando the same spur sound is heard.

I just checked.
jeffk
AG
dromo07 said:

Resistance is trash. Not even worth the time

My six year old liked it, but it's no Clone Wars for sure.
double aught
AG
redline248 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

I'm guessing it was Boba who found the dead assassin in S1, and it was Boba we saw at the end of this week's episode.
It was definitely the marshal and not Boba at the end of S1E5. You can hear the "spur" clink sound as he's walking, and when the marshal walks into the bar when he first meets Mando the same spur sound is heard.

I just checked.
The screencrush guy disagree. He says Boba has spurs too.
fig96
AG
Loved this ep, though I kinda saw the end coming (and thought that's what they were going to try to start with).

Also, Timothy Olyphant's hair needs some kind of award.
redline248
AG
double aught said:

redline248 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

I just checked.
The screencrush guy disagree. He says Boba has spurs too.
Boba's armor? Who is wearing that, now?

I don't remember seeing Boba's feet/legs in the recent episode.
CrottyKid
AG
Maybe after Boba "died" he enjoyed his newfound anonymity and continued to be a bounty hunter. Now he is hot on the trail of a BIG prize, one that will set him up nicely for the rest of his life - the child.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So excited to possibly see Kamino in this show.

The prequels have gotten very little love in the Disney era so far, with a prequel planet being shown a whopping one time since 2015. (Mustafar in Rogue One.)

I know they say it was Mustafar in the first scene in TROS, but I don't count that given that it looks nothing like it and is never even mentioned in the movie.

With Filoni being a PT fan, I'm definitely looking forward to the storyline here.

Hell, we may even see Coruscant again at some point in this series.
twilly
AG
You know, maybe the armor Boba is looking for, isn't green and all busted up. Mando's kit looks a lot dear ol dad's.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What do you mean?

It belonged to Jango Fett, who died on Geonosis.
TCTTS
AG
As much as I dislike the prequels, I'm right there with you. I just want to see more dots connected, and Kamino could really be a cool way to do that and explain Baby Yoda's origins, involve Boba Fett, etc. I'm also equally excited to see them start to either show or hint at the early beginnings of The First Order, which has been heavily rumored/speculated as well. Basically, this is the perfect series at the perfect point in the timeline to try and connect the dots in both the past and the future, and I really want to see them take full advantage of that.
PatAg
AG
twilly said:

You know, maybe the armor Boba is looking for, isn't green and all busted up. Mando's kit looks a lot dear ol dad's.
you mean the armor we watched be created in season 1?
twilly
AG
Yes, Din Djarin's armor.

I don't thinks it's ever been proven that Boba's armor came fully from Jango. Didn't Boba use Jango's helmet as a bomb in TCW?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.