*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,087 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want new stories with new characters in new parts of the galaxy. Preferably set after the last movie, or in the distant past. Certainly not between movies and tying in a bunch of characters that we know what happens to, or plot lines from movies that didn't make sense.

Mando is great, and good for them for trying to clean up some of the messes left by the movies, but why not just put the universe in capable hands and move on?
YouBet
AG
This is all awesome but damn we have to wait until 2022.
redline248
AG
amercer said:

I want new stories with new characters in new parts of the galaxy [Like the Mando spinoff or Rogue Squadron?]. Preferably set after the last movie, or in the distant past [Like Acolyte?]. Certainly not between movies and tying in a bunch of characters that we know what happens to, or plot lines from movies that didn't make sense.

Mando is great, and good for them for trying to clean up some of the messes left by the movies, but why not just put the universe in capable hands and move on?
I think you are getting the thing for which you are asking
twilly
AG
Side note: Disney announced that starting in March, cost is going up to $7.99/month.
redline248
AG
What is it now?
twilly
AG
$6,99, going up a buck
wangus12
AG
That's how it starts!
YouBet
AG
I would pay up to Netflix charge and probably more with all of that content on the way. Would simply cancel something else.
amercer
AG
I actually don't know anything about Acolyte, so maybe. But my worry is that Mando will go off the rails as they keep trying to rehabilitate the ST.

I know we shouldn't compare everything to Marvel, but it's hard not to since they are owned by the same company and both dropped a bunch of stuff today. But look at the marvel stuff. All of it is moving forward, expanding the universe, adding to the lore. I swear if the Star Wars guys were in charge of marvel we be getting a show about the crew that had to rebuild stark tower after age of ultron.
powerbelly
AG
amercer said:

I actually don't know anything about Acolyte, so maybe. But my worry is that Mando will go off the rails as they keep trying to rehabilitate the ST.

I know we shouldn't compare everything to Marvel, but it's hard not to since they are owned by the same company and both dropped a bunch of stuff today. But look at the marvel stuff. All of it is moving forward, expanding the universe, adding to the lore. I swear if the Star Wars guys were in charge of marvel we be getting a show about the crew that had to rebuild stark tower after age of ultron.

There is so much more in the Marvel universe and so many different variations of the characters I think it is a little easier to strike out in a new direction.
amercer
AG
I don't think it's that hard. Take everything you want to do in Star Wars, and set it after Rise of Skywalker.
redline248
AG
Marvel has the benefit of drawing from something like 70 or 80 years of material for a lot of what they have done, or will do. Everything from Star Wars is, imo, largely original. Using familiar villains like the empire with stormtroopers is a safe play. Going way back in the past with the High Republic stuff (Acolyte) is more risky. Going post Rise of Skywalker is also a big risk, but potentially something they are holding in reserve for now.

Most of the Marvel announcements were already known, too.
amercer
AG
You are totally right about Marvel, and that is their great advantage. But the formula could still be followed.

Cool ass space westerns with space wizards are going to be good even in new settings with new characters. Plus you lose the baggage of trying to stick to a bunch of movie cannon that doesn't make sense.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

That's how it starts!

Meh no big deal.

I've paid for exactly ONE month so far and watched 2 seasons (almost) of Mandalorian and several other movies, specials, etc.

Disclaimer - my kids are grown so IK have no need for it regularly - watched S1 on a free trial, and I just waited until 5 episodes of S2 were out and then signed up for a month so I can finish it in that time.

As spread out as their content is for shows I care about if I can keep doing a month here and there it's worth it.

AMW2010
AG
So anyone else about to watch?
AMW2010
AG
Well that was great and can't wait to see the season finale!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think Bill Burr might have just won himself an emmy. Damn.

Wish i could see spilners face when fett drops the seismic charge.
AMW2010
AG
When I heard the sound, I was like YESSSS I wanted to hear the slave I blasters tho, but very satisfying none the less... and he cleaned his armor, and it looks like it fits now, I was so excited to see!!!
MandoArms
That scene at the table...he nailed it.
IG: mando_arms
Kate Beckett
AG
Fantastic episode.

The ending...Mando is going feral to get what he wants back. You can tell he is really attached to the child.
Ag Since 83
AG
I was worried they'd be found out after fighting the pirates because Mando was too competent a stormtrooper

Also, nice data security, Empire. Any old face will do
bluefire579
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

I was worried they'd be found out after fighting the pirates because Mando was too competent a stormtrooper

I was thinking the same thing. "Confirmed, you do in fact have a face. Here's some classified data."
WALTON LOADS!
AG
I lost it when he mentioned TPS reports.
exitone
AG
My thoughts:
1) I owe Bill Burr an apology for my comments yesterday. He made his character relatable. His scene in the cantina was great. I was impressed.

2) At the end when the tie's were chasing Slave-1, I was yelling "Use the sonic charge, use the sonic charge"... yes, he used it. An awesome excuse to watch it in surround sound.

3) Great to see Mando with the helmet off. I hope they do that more frequently in season 3.

4) Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Can't wait for the finale. The message from Mando to Gideon at the end was awesome!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
First episode of the entire series with no Grogu, I think?

I think Gideon's up to something with him beyond the DNA. They gave us a taste of it letting him rage on the stormtroopers like that. Sure it wore him out and made him easy to cuff, but if Gideon is a career Empire guy, he knows what at least Vader was capable of with the Force. Cultivating a living weapon of your own seems like the kind of thing he'd do.

Also feel like Gideon probably flushed that female officer out of the air lock for playing that message on the bridge for everyone to see.
78_Pacecar
AG
I know it's a small detail, but seeing the inside of Slave 1 rotate into position while the central platform holds steady on gyro is fulfilling to me.
redline248
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

LOL, I had the same thought about his competence. Those pirates were probably wondering why the f-ck is this guy so hard to kill.

Shiny Fett armor was cool, seismic charge was cool, and the message to Gideon was awesome. Enjoyed this episode a lot.
redline248
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

I lost it when he mentioned TPS reports.
Star Wars - Office Space crossover confirmed!
TXAG 05
AG
Another great episode. Wish they were twice as long.
double aught
AG
TPS reports
double aught
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Another great episode. Wish they were twice as long.
It was great. They are on a roll lately.
KCup17
AG
Do we think Mando is reconsidering his stance on no living being seeing his face?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
78_Pacecar said:

I know it's a small detail, but seeing the inside of Slave 1 rotate into position while the central platform holds steady on gyro is fulfilling to me.
That was so, so cool. A definitely differnt look from my Kenner toy where Boba Fett had to lie on an operating table to fly his own ship.

Loved the Scrap Yard opening too, tearing apart old Empire machines.

And the reference to Operation Cinder.

combat wombat™
AG
It wasn't a bad episode, and it had its moments, but it was definitely was not what I was hoping for from the next-to-last episode of the season.
Decay
AG
That one really worked for me, although probably because I love Bill Burr. Fascinating to see an actor's personality come through, even when talking about a magical space story.

Also, seismic charge!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.