*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,588 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ronnie said:

Capitol Ag said:

Come to think of it, when Bo Katan and her group bordered the ship after Grogue was eaten by the creature in a similar fashion to Boba, one of the Mandalorians was able to go in and retrieve the capsule he was in. It is a bit of foreshadowing to Boba's escape from the sarlacc.
Grogue one or grogue two?
Sorry! Grogu!
double aught
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I usually sleep like 12-2:05, set the alarm, shake off the sleepies and watch it on my phone.

What kind of deviant are you?
Decay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.
YOU DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO MAN

I didn't get to watch First Man until I was on a cross-country flight after initially hoping to get it in IMAX.

I got all boozed up and bought sound-cancelling headphones and managed to lose myself in my phone screen and enjoyed it thoroughly. Art is transcendent man!
gougler08
AG
Decay said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.

I didn't get to watch First Man until I was on a cross-country flight after initially hoping to get it in IMAX.

I got all boozed up and bought sound-cancelling headphones and managed to lose myself in my phone screen and enjoyed it thoroughly. Art is transcendent man!

I've seen a bunch of movies for the first time on my phone or airplane tv screen...it works
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
gougler08 said:

Decay said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.

I've seen a bunch of movies for the first time on my phone or airplane tv screen...it works
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.
One of my top 100 reasons for continuing to stay alive is to reach the point where you are married with children running about to see how your life changes
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You know Boba Fett / Slave I once avoided detection by hiding in the garbage of an Imperial ship. Could he pull the same trick in reverse to get his ship on board one?
israeliag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.
One of my top 100 reasons for continuing to say alive is to reach the point where you are married with children running about to see how your life changes

TV + headphones
OnlyForNow
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

12 Pacific
2 Texas
3 East Coast

I usually sleep like 12-2:05, set the alarm, shake off the sleepies and watch it on my phone. I had tried watching it with my whole family on Friday nights, but they can't maintain the 0.0 decibel rating I require to watch an episode the first time.

Glad I'm not the only one that can't stand it when other people are making noise, talking, etc when trying to watch something new.
Flashdiaz
AG
I can't imagine watching this on a phone... maybe episodes of Star Trek but not Star Wars ever. I'd rather wait until I can give it the platform it deserves.
C@LAg
AgfromHOU
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

12 Pacific
2 Texas
3 East Coast

I usually sleep like 12-2:05, set the alarm, shake off the sleepies and watch it on my phone. I had tried watching it with my whole family on Friday nights, but they can't maintain the 0.0 decibel rating I require to watch an episode the first time.

I usually have to watch it on my iPad or Apple TV with noise cancelling headphones. iPad with AirPods pro is my preferred method because the audio on it is incredible. It legit feels like I'm in the middle of the scene and can even hear things behind and around me.
amercer
AG
Actually I see most new (non kid) movies on international flights. The screen is tiny, but the booze is free and I get no grief from my family.

Sadly this means I saw basically no movies this year.
jbryan10
AG
C@LAg said:

512Ag said:

There's also a minor conversation between Mando and Cobb Vanth in the first episode of the season where the marshal didn't think there was such a thing as an empty sarlacc pit, but Mando says, "There is if you eat the sarlacc." I just assumed that was how they explained Boba Fett's escape. Fett is being slowly digested (hence the facial scars), the sarlacc gets chomped and goes limp, Fett seizes the opportunity and escapes during the Krayt Dragon's feast.

The sarlaac would be expending more effort/energy/nutrients/resources to keep something alive for a thousand years to digest it, than if it just digested it. That is not a solution for survival.

it sounds cool. But It makes no sense. Even in a movies series with magical force powers.
The magical force powers are the least of the Star Wars universe's issues with physics/biology concepts
C@LAg
Duncan Idaho
jbryan10 said:

C@LAg said:

512Ag said:

There's also a minor conversation between Mando and Cobb Vanth in the first episode of the season where the marshal didn't think there was such a thing as an empty sarlacc pit, but Mando says, "There is if you eat the sarlacc." I just assumed that was how they explained Boba Fett's escape. Fett is being slowly digested (hence the facial scars), the sarlacc gets chomped and goes limp, Fett seizes the opportunity and escapes during the Krayt Dragon's feast.

The sarlaac would be expending more effort/energy/nutrients/resources to keep something alive for a thousand years to digest it, than if it just digested it. That is not a solution for survival.

it sounds cool. But It makes no sense. Even in a movies series with magical force powers.
The magical force powers are the least of the Star Wars universe's issues with physics/biology concepts

Giant worms living on asteroids would disagree with you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AgfromHOU said:

MuckRaker96 said:

12 Pacific
2 Texas
3 East Coast

I usually have to watch it on my iPad or Apple TV with noise cancelling headphones. iPad with AirPods pro is my preferred method because the audio on it is incredible. It legit feels like I'm in the middle of the scene and can even hear things behind and around me.
yep my headphones definitely are a factor. Hearing Ahsoka's lightsabers in that first few seconds of her episode and then her voice saying "Where is Grand Admiral Thrawn?" at the end were some legendary feels.
jbryan10
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

jbryan10 said:

C@LAg said:

512Ag said:

Giant worms living on asteroids would disagree with you.
I think you'll have to re-read my statement...
twilly
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

You know Boba Fett / Slave I once avoided detection by hiding in the garbage of an Imperial ship. Could he pull the same trick in reverse to get his ship on board one?
You forget, there's somebody out there looking for Moff Gideon that has a recently stolen Imperial cargo ship. I wonder who that could be....
C@LAg
twilly
AG
The Leia Poppins maneuver...classic.
redline248
AG
israeliag said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.
One of my top 100 reasons for continuing to say alive is to reach the point where you are married with children running about to see how your life changes

TV + headphones
What headphones do you use to pick up your TV? Bluetooth, I assume?

Edit to add: +1 on absolute silence required for viewing
Decay
AG
redline248 said:

israeliag said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.

TV + headphones

I use Roku and you can do it via the app. Sound comes through your phone to headphones/BT/etc
dave94
AG
Decay said:

redline248 said:

israeliag said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

On a phone? Gross.

TV + headphones

I use Roku and you can do it via the app. Sound comes through your phone to headphones/BT/etc
Trying the Roku-through-phone method now. Not bad, but I feel like it's not able to get loud enough.
israeliag
AG
I connect to my TV via Bluetooth. The Roku I have has a remote with a headphone plug to (I think they all do but not sure). There was another thread on this recently...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3163888
AMW2010
AG
Who's ready for tonight?!?
C@LAg
AMW2010 said:

you mean tomorrow morning.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AMW2010 said:

ABATTBQ11
AG
twilly said:

The Leia Poppins maneuver...classic.

Even funnier because it's Disney
combat wombat™
AG
I skipped the last 2 pages. Did I miss anything groundbreaking?

Anyone else planning to watch at midnight?
C@LAg
combat wombat said:

I skipped the last 2 pages. Did I miss anything groundbreaking?

Anyone else planning to watch at midnight?
if you are on the West Coast, yes.
combat wombat™
AG
Wait... it doesn't come out until midnight Pacific time??
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yes. I was up late last Thursday so figured I'd watch at Midnight like a nerd. Nope. Pacific time.
TCTTS
AG
Watching at midnight.
Kate Beckett
AG
Alarm set for 2 am CST.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.