*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,743 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Darth maul didn't die falling, palpatine didn't die falling, Ben solo was forced healed. What stakes??
TXAG 05
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Darth maul didn't die falling, palpatine didn't die falling, Ben solo was forced healed. What stakes??

Don't forget Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc. Bringing back Mace would be a huge eye roll for me. I get why they would, with his history with Boba
C@LAg
JABQ04
AG
I read a book years ago called "Tales from Jabbas Palace" and it says how Fetts escaped. Also had a comic about Fett escaping and working with Dengar to track down a Boba Fett impersonator. I was a huge nerd in HS and read all the books. No clue if they're linked to the main storyline thiugh
redline248
AG
At first, bringing Maul back - which I hated - wasn't really a big deal b/c it was just in a cartoon that probably had 5% audience among Star Wars fans. Then the f-cking sequels went bat**** crazy with the resurrections. If Disney wants, they'll find a way to retcon that some still living Jedi or other force being was able to keep Han Solo alive after being stabbed and falling into a planet that exploded.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tales from Jabba's Palace, Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, and Tales of the Bounty Hunters are some incredible short stories that most people here would absolutely love. The Bounty Hunters' one - Bossk, IG-88, Boba Fett, and Zuckuss & 4-LOM together are just outstanding.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I know I've read Jabbas palace and the cantina. I think ive read bounty hunters as well. They really are not only well written little short stories but well written anthologies that weave together a larger story.
Gangnam Style
AG

Interview with Dave Filoni at the 11 min mark. Worth watching.
Flashdiaz
AG
No one's really gone
LPHA
AG
Greedo
fig96
AG
So cool!

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-mandalorians-pedro-pascal-says-he-doesnt-want-to-ta-1845895057

Pedro Pascal dismantles the rumor that he's upset about not having the helmet off more

TCTTS
AG
Grace.

Randolph.

Doesn't.

Know.

Sh*t.
jokershady
AG
NC2001
AG
jokershady said:

Just 16 hours from now, but who's counting?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I just want to savor the fact that we are going into a series finale of an immensely popular show and there's seemingly not one bit of leaked information. Not the title, now the episode length, nothing on the plot, nothing.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I just want to savor the fact that we are going into a series finale of an immensely popular show and there's seemingly not one bit of leaked information. Not the title, now the episode length, nothing on the plot, nothing.

Well...

Made you look

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mac94
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Well...

Made you look

Damn ... how many squadrons of X-Wings is that?????? Did I say that out loud? Oops!
512Ag
AG
C@LAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

YNWA_AG said:

Don't forget Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc. Bringing back Mace would be a huge eye roll for me. I get why they would, with his history with Boba
the whole "digest for a thousands years" crap could just be local legend to make people scared of the pit.

so Boba flying/and or blasting his way out of the pit shortly after falling in makes sense.
There's also a minor conversation between Mando and Cobb Vanth in the first episode of the season where the marshal didn't think there was such a thing as an empty sarlacc pit, but Mando says, "There is if you eat the sarlacc." I just assumed that was how they explained Boba Fett's escape. Fett is being slowly digested (hence the facial scars), the sarlacc gets chomped and goes limp, Fett seizes the opportunity and escapes during the Krayt Dragon's feast.
The Debt
The Krayt dragon would have had to show up at the sarlaac pit within a week of jabba's demise. Boba cant live years without food/water in the stomach of the sarlaac.

Nothing really explains what separates boba from his armor.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Peyton Reed (Ant-man 1 & 2) confirmed as the director for the last chapter of Season 2.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just tweeted her and called her out personally on her BS about Mando not being in half the season.
bobinator
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Peyton Reed (Ant-man 1 & 2) confirmed as the director for the last chapter of Season 2.

Maybe this is the tradeoff of him getting stuck with the Frog Lady episode earlier in the season.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just tweeted her and called her out personally on her BS about Mando not being in half the season.
She just posted a rumor that you've been recast as Dominic Toretto.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What time do episodes drop? Considering staying up to watch the finale, but I'm on the East Coast...
jbryan10
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What time do episodes drop? Considering staying up to watch the finale, but I'm on the East Coast...
I believe 3am(ish) CST. Since I'm up at around 3:30 every morning, works out perfectly for me.
gougler08
AG
Pretty sure it's midnight Pacific time, so you'll be up a while
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sigh. Well just gonna watch it first thing tomorrow. Luckily it's an off Friday for me, but I gotta get it in early before my appointment at the dealership.

Seriously hope they start dropping new episodes at a reasonable time in the evening.
CajunAg97
AG
Most anticipated finale since Lost for me....hope it's not disappointing and short (<40 mins)!
Capitol Ag
AG
512Ag said:

C@LAg said:

TXAG 05 said:

YNWA_AG said:

the whole "digest for a thousands years" crap could just be local legend to make people scared of the pit.

so Boba flying/and or blasting his way out of the pit shortly after falling in makes sense.
There's also a minor conversation between Mando and Cobb Vanth in the first episode of the season where the marshal didn't think there was such a thing as an empty sarlacc pit, but Mando says, "There is if you eat the sarlacc." I just assumed that was how they explained Boba Fett's escape. Fett is being slowly digested (hence the facial scars), the sarlacc gets chomped and goes limp, Fett seizes the opportunity and escapes during the Krayt Dragon's feast.
I tend to think of it like what Drax did to escape the Abilisk in the opening scenes of GOTG2. Just use your weapons to "dig" your way out.

I have really never known how one would die if swallowed by an extremely large animal IF they have proper weapons at their disposal and were not crushed by the jaws and teeth of the creature. Sure, if you were unarmed like the woman in Jurassic World who was dropped by the Pteranodon into a Mosasaur's waiting open mouth, that's one thing. Plus, she's under water. She'd most likely drown before digestion started. But if she had a Mandalorian outfit with all of those weapons. Even while watching ROTJ live at the theater as a kid I was like "he still has weapons all over that suit". It's like a monster swallowing Iron Man. Tony would easily escape that situation I'd think.

Come to think of it, when Bo Katan and her group bordered the ship after Grogu was eaten by the creature in a similar fashion to Boba, one of the Mandalorians was able to go in and retrieve the capsule he was in. It is a bit of foreshadowing to Boba's escape from the sarlacc.
Ronnie
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Come to think of it, when Bo Katan and her group bordered the ship after Grogue was eaten by the creature in a similar fashion to Boba, one of the Mandalorians was able to go in and retrieve the capsule he was in. It is a bit of foreshadowing to Boba's escape from the sarlacc.
Grogue one or grogue two?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
12 Pacific
2 Texas
3 East Coast

I usually sleep like 12-2:05, set the alarm, shake off the sleepies and watch it on my phone. I had tried watching it with my whole family on Friday nights, but they can't maintain the 0.0 decibel rating I require to watch an episode the first time.

C@LAg
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On a phone? Gross.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Mac94 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Well...

Made you look

Damn ... how many squadrons of X-Wings is that?????? Did I say that out loud? Oops!
So Rogue Squadron shows up because Luke sent Wedge to get Grogu DAMN

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.