*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

281,483 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only thing about the sabers that really interests me is the "bleeding" process the Sith use to turn them red.
Decay
AG
Apparently killing younglings doesn't make your lightsaber turn red. Dark side is weak as hell
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Quad Dog said:

How many years do we think passed between Mandalorian and Ben ending Luke's Jedi school?
Luke seems to have aged 20 years or more.

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-timeline/

Mando is set 9 years after the Battle of Yavin

Ben burns the temple down somewhere between 28-34 years after the Battle of Yavin.
exitone
AG
Quad Dog said:

I instantly was reminded of Star Wars Family Guy when I saw that picture.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Quad Dog said:

How many years do we think passed between Mandalorian and Ben ending Luke's Jedi school?
Luke seems to have aged 20 years or more.

Well

O BBY/ABY is the Battle of Yavin ie Death Star 1 blows up

Episode VI ROTJ was 4 ABY
Mando saving Grogu and then Luke coming was in 9 ABY
somewhere between 28-33 ABY is Luke's academy, Ben/Kylo revolt, etc.
Luke found on the island and his force projection is 34 ABY

So yes about 25 years have passed.
Malachi Constant
AG
Decay said:

Apparently killing younglings doesn't make your lightsaber turn red. Dark side is weak as hell
Theoretically could we see a Jedi's light saber turn from blue to red in real time as the Jedi embraces the Dark Side?
Duncan Idaho
I thought bleeding a crystal was an intentional action that took channeling the dark side to the crystal
Decay
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Decay said:

Theoretically could we see a Jedi's light saber turn from blue to red in real time as the Jedi embraces the Dark Side?

Nah that's not really how kyber crystals work, you basically have to do force stuff to them before you make a saber.

But it'd be totally sweet if they had someone so attuned to their lightsaber that they could change the state of the crystal like that...
YouBet
AG
israeliag said:

We've never really seen any deep discussion on the sabers in the films (I think Clone Wars went into it). I'd love to see a youngling or someone find their kibercrystal and construct one in one of the upcoming series or the next set of trilogies. Could be ripe for that Acolyte one.
The Jedi Fallen Order game goes into the most detail we've been given on how light sabers are constructed and the game is canon. You actually see the history and ritual of how they are constructed and get the full background on kiber crystals.

So, if y'all want to know more I suggest playing that game if you are into video games.
PooDoo
AG
YouBet said:

israeliag said:

We've never really seen any deep discussion on the sabers in the films (I think Clone Wars went into it). I'd love to see a youngling or someone find their kibercrystal and construct one in one of the upcoming series or the next set of trilogies. Could be ripe for that Acolyte one.
The Jedi Fallen Order game goes into the most detail we've been given on how light sabers are constructed and the game is canon. You actually see the history and ritual of how they are constructed and get the full background on kiber crystals.

So, if y'all want to know more I suggest playing that game if you are into video games.

18:18
israeliag
AG
Raising a baby that doesn't age for 20 years will do that to you
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
Decay said:

Malachi Constant said:

Decay said:

Nah that's not really how kyber crystals work, you basically have to do force stuff to them before you make a saber.

But it'd be totally sweet if they had someone so attuned to their lightsaber that they could change the state of the crystal like that...
this is actually how I wanted Anikans final turn to the dark side to be shown on screen....could've been insane!
israeliag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Witcherlorian
Zobel
AG
Man I'd watch the hell out of that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Toss a beskar to your Mando
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CLnmBwihOOD
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

New from Bottleneck Gallery.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/lucasfilm-hires-deepfake-youtuber-who-fixed-luke-skywalker-in-the-mandalorian/

That's pretty cool.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm assuming the Gallery drops at 2 a.m. like everything else on Disney+

Just a happy reminder that it's tonight!

jokershady
AG
just throwing this out there.....i watched it and have watched some of the content from this person before and it seems they try to be genuine with everything they report.

they immediately come out and say this is not confirmed from lucas film but the source has been reliable with scoops like this in the past.....the rest of the video is going into WHY 3 seasons makes sense with all the other spin-off shows happening and how Mando as a character will still exist in other shows but the original story that Mandalorian was planning on telling will come to an end after this last season.

Thoughts?

Rascal
AG
I'm a year late to the party, but just caught up on Season 2. Good stuff!
oragator
Just finished season 2.
The first few episodes were definitely A-Team ish, but man did they pull out of that late.
I read most of the thread, til it went political, didn't see anyone mention the awesome scene in 12 when Grogue is in school, the kid won't give him the food and he uses the force to take it. Thought that was hilarious.
As one of the kids of the orginal movie, I loved the last 15 minutes, though I knew it was LS. Because who else could it be at that point? You knew the whole time the Jedi were showing up, after ep 14, it was pretty clearly telegraphed. You knew there are few left, and it was an x-wing. Was still massively satisfying though.
I got way more emotional than I expected at the end, not from the fan boy stuff, but the goodbye between the two main characters. The complete trusting innocence they gave Grogue was so perfectly paid off there.and yeah, the last shot of the three of them leaving was perfection. Probably my favorite 15 minutes of any SW since ep 5.

I am so glad I watched it when I did, wondering for a year and a half whether the little muppet was coming back or not would have driven me crazy. But for those who missed it in other threads, this was the recent trailer for season 3.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Season 3 looks ****ing awesome
oragator
Season 3 trailer at halftime of the cowboys bucs game
An L of an Ag
AG
oragator said:

Season 3 trailer at halftime of the cowboys bucs game

Came here to post this!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
oragator
Yeah, that was awesome.
jeffk
AG
DROID BAR

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.