*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

282,601 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds padme makes while trying to escape the giant barrel in the geonosian Droid factory.
Mr. White
Probe droid sounds
Ion cannon
Doors in Death Star closing/opening
Malachi Constant
AG
Lightsabers should win the best sound award no question.

Nearly every person on earth has done the "womb-woomb" sound while playing with a stick.
Decay
AG
The entire story of Death Plagueus the Wise
redline248
AG
The sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way
bluefire579
AG
Jumping to hyperspace
Traveling through hyperspace
TIE Fighter Engines
Salicious Crumb's laugh
R2D2 Beeps and Whistles
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Definitely the best sound in SW.

Nope.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Lightsabers should win the best sound award no question.

Nearly every person on earth has done the "womb-woomb" sound while playing with a stick.

In the phantom menace making of doc, Liam Neeson says he and ewan McGregor kept making the noise during their fight scenes.
cbr
AG
lots of people do not understand the world today. it is a star wars analogy - the new digital leninist autocracy just executed order 66.

there is no more room for american values, history, freedom, independence, at all. darth vader hasnt come to your door yet, but if you make enough noise he will.

anyone with an audience who speaks truth or an anti autocracy message will be cancelled.

case in point this lady.

do a search on my parable i posted recently about the horse and the stagg. be prepared to praise the stagg or have your head on a pike. that is where we are.

Mathguy64
AG
Yoda's speech patterns.
Hagen95
AG
Wilhelm scream or bust.
exitone
AG
cbr said:

lots of people do not understand the world today. it is a star wars analogy - the new digital leninist autocracy just executed order 66.

there is no more room for american values, history, freedom, independence, at all. darth vader hasnt come to your door yet, but if you make enough noise he will.

anyone with an audience who speaks truth or an anti autocracy message will be cancelled.

case in point this lady.

do a search on my parable i posted recently about the horse and the stagg. be prepared to praise the stagg or have your head on a pike. that is where we are.

Regards,
Chancellor Palpatine
Mayor West
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Definitely the best sound in SW.

I prefer the sound of a lightsaber starting
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Chewie arf

Good call.
GreasenUSA
AG
Midwife Droid ooh bah
israeliag
AG
Has no one said Sebolba's pod racer engines?!
redline248
AG
israeliag said:

Has no one said Sebolba's pod racer engines?!
I prefer the engines on Boba's ship.
YouBet
AG
I really enjoy the sounds of Stormtrooper blasters since they can never hit their target (unless you are wearing Beskar armor), so you get to hear them almost nonstop once they get going.
israeliag
AG
Kylo's saber ignition is great - that distinctive pop.
fig96
AG
israeliag said:

I like the dirtier hum of his too, like it's both badass and also might just explode at any moment.
canadiaggie
AG
So anyway, what direction would you guys like to see the show head in?

That Thrawn mention couldn't have just been a throwaway, right?
Zobel
AG
I hope they continue to retcon the clone / force / Snoke / Palpatine arrangement
fig96
AG
The Debt said:

canadiaggie said:

Doing my part to flush the last 200 posts:

This is what's wrong with this country. An actress just got shtcanned for telling people to act with civility and you arent phased. We just had 6 months of destructive riots and 60 secret service members sent to the hospital...and as long as you get a shtty CGI rendering of Luke you are completely ok with the stance Disney has taken.
Well that's not a gross oversimplification at all.

We've discussed it over several pages covering about as many angles as you could possibly want. You chose to primarily show examples of other people you think should be canceled rather than discussing what she said, more power to you but we're beating a dead horse at this point. If you're no longer a Star Wars fan...well, bye.

If you want to keep going with it I'm sure there's another board here with a sudden influx of lifelong Gina Carano fans.
PatAg
AG
Jawa's talking to each other and reacting to things.

UTINI
Zobel
AG
Mobbit, mobbit!
schmiddy94
Mouse droid
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I also really dig the noise the Reek makes in AOTC in the arena, it sort of reverbrates around when it comes out into the Geonosian arena.

Kylo's lightsaber noise is fantastic. Everything about is says 'I didn't finish lightsaber class, but I'm building one anyways."
twilly
AG
Gonk Droid

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Good call on the animal in the Genosian pit. I don't remember which one of those is which but I remember one of them had a great sound.
israeliag
AG
Thrawn will most likely be in Ashoka's series.

It could be unique for the show to continue, at least for half a season, with Mando doing his thing without Grogu but there being a big void that's bothering him.

Eventually I would like a time jump to when Kylo destroys Luke's academy and the fallout of that. Imagining that Luke had seen not just Kylo murdering all his students but also Grogu when he peered into his dreams makes his near killing of Kylo so much more powerful. I want to get more of that aftermath. Was Grogu off world? Did Kylo kill him? Did Mando help Luke in any way set up the academy.

All that said, I'm guessing we'll be getting more of Mandalore stuff, and I'm here for it. I mean no way we don't get a Sabine Wren cameo at this point.
Malachi Constant
AG
israeliag said:

How sad is it that we don't know anything else about the history of that light saber?

What was it like before he was dark side?
israeliag
AG
I believe the visual guide and maybe comics provide insight. I know for example it has a cross guard because it needs a way to release the extra energy else it's explode or something.

I don't think a saber ever better had its own personality, and in a manner complimentary to its owner's. Dooku's and Windu's come in second and third, IMO.
israeliag
AG
We've never really seen any deep discussion on the sabers in the films (I think Clone Wars went into it). I'd love to see a youngling or someone find their kibercrystal and construct one in one of the upcoming series or the next set of trilogies. Could be ripe for that Acolyte one.
Malachi Constant
AG
There's quite a bit of lore in the KOTOR games too regarding crystals. I also would love to watch a genuine evolution of padawan to Jedi on the screen.
Quad Dog
AG
How many years do we think passed between Mandalorian and Ben ending Luke's Jedi school?
Luke seems to have aged 20 years or more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.