*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,591 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a name!
Saxsoon
AG
This episode is so good, nice improvement for Filoni. Excellent choreography, got a great Anakin reference and something I did not expect near the end
Gangnam Style
AG
Effing incredible. The name drop at the end wowowow.
AMW2010
AG
So glad I stayed up to watch all of that!!!
dave94
AG
Holy **** that was awesome.
AMW2010
AG
Sooooo when can we talk about it on here.....
MandoArms
That episode was amazing. We have so much to talk about. Also that Staff looks like another tie into my theory. I am beyond happy with how that episode unfolded. Still in shock about what we got to see...
IG: mando_arms
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
THRAWN
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
This was basically the episode I've been waiting for since this show started. Something that actually made me begin to care about the journey they are on...and jedis in action.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NC2001
AG
Great grogumoogly! This. Was. Amazing!!!
powerbelly
wangus12
AG
Gonna be fun walking into Galaxy's Edge tomorrow after this one
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also sending him to Tython! When the SIth Empire destroys the Jedi Temple on Coruscant a few centuries after the events of KOTOR, the Jedi relocate their training facility to Tython, a beautiful world of mountains and waterfalls that is featured heavily in The Old Republic. My daughter and I started playing the game a few weeks ago and her character is there right now.

Lost in all the excitement of well ... everything is the tragedy of The Child. Not a clone of Yoda, a youngling, somehow smuggled out of the Temple as Darth Vader executed Order 66. A being who knew Yoda and Mace and Plo and Ki Adi as teachers. Who probably knew Anakin as fellow Padawan. Who got him out?

My interpretation of him "going dark" would suggest that he would be a much more "advanced" being if he hadn't been forced to hide his powers. That the toddler feel to him is not just his size but a side effect of hiding his abilities.

Ahsoka says he can make a choice and maybe another Jedi will reach out. Does she know about Luke? Does she stay away because she obviously knows whose son he is. Could she mean Ezra? Has Snoke already been created at this point?

It took me a while to get used to Rosario as Ahsoka. I felt her first meeting with Mando and their initial fight scene and testing BY were sort of static, just two actors and a puppet standing there. I felt it might have been a reflection of Filoni mostly working on cartoons, but the action at the end was really fantastic. It didn't feel like 45 minutes, but man it was fun.

I also question how long Ahsoka had been on that planet. Surely not long, she went through those guys' defenses pretty easily. Where was she before? Are she and Bo Katan working together to accomplish similar goals - both hurting the Empire? Does pursuing leads on Thrawn here mean Sabine is doing the same elsewhere? Does this assume that Thrawn has Ezra captured?

Imagine being Timothy Zahn last night hearing your most brilliant creation's name spoken into life on a live-action TV show 30 year after you brought him into the Star Wars EU.

Ag Since 83
AG
THANK THE MAKER

I want to go back in time and tell 7th grade me reading Heir to the Empire one day it'll all pay off
gougler08
AG
So now we allude to another Jedi (Ezra?) and Thrawn...I see why a 3rd season is already approved now
The Collective
AG
Wow. Wow. Wow.

Love how they started right in the middle of her fighting, reminded me so much of an episode of TCW.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Love how they started right in the middle of her fighting, reminded me so much of an episode of TCW.
Every fan anticipating when we'll see her, what she'll be doing, if she'll use the sabers - Filoni to the rescue. In some ways it reminded me of the first time seeing TPM as the theater and within 5 minutes Obi-Wan and Qui- Gon are kicking so much ass with their sabers.
bluefire579
AG

I'm ****ing psyched!!!!!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Saxsoon
AG
I was pretty impressed with the makeup. Wasn't sure how that would turn out. Must have been a ***** to get it put on
Dro07
AG
You talking about the Beskar staff? Mando kept it at the end though
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
On the lighter side of things, Beskar is turning into Valyrian Steel from Game of Thrones. It's the most precious and rare metal ever,but every rando in the galaxy seems to have some.

Seeing how well Mando's Beskar held up against Asokha's sabers, I suspect we'll see Moff Gideon in a suit of Beskar wielding the saber later this year.
jokershady
AG
So amazing!!! That was just as incredible as I was hoping it would be!!!

Ashoka lighting it up and seeing sabers right from the start? Holy hell!

Would've loved to have gotten more of Beihn in the show for future episodes but was still fun to see him.

Several questions...

1. The planet we're on for this episode....was this the same planet we see Kylo Ren kicking ass on at the beginning of TROS?

2. Thrawn...I've heard him talked about so much...he shows up in Rebels right? I'm still not half way through season 2.

3. Let's share some names!!! What Jedi are we going to see from this mountain??? If it's a live Jedi: Luke, Ezra, Leia (somehow), and who else is currently alive? Or could it be a force ghost instead (yes I know Ashoka referred to it being a live being) which could be Quigon, Obiwan, Mace, Anikan, or even Yoda himself?

Holy **** I'm so damn excited for these last 3 episodes.

HOWEVER....I don't think we get the next Jedi reveal in the next episode....we still have 3 episodes left this season....

Something going to happen to derail his quest for this planet with Moff and those super soldiers so I don't think we get to this plant and (REALLY HOPEFULLY) Grogu's backstory until episode 8.
Saxsoon
AG
Qui Gon force ghost would be incredible

Some theorize Cal Kestis from Jedi Fallen Order and would be in time period. I think Ezra is still lost

Also Ahsoka's thought on the bond the two share of father and son brings back the Filoni monologue on duel of the fates from season 1 documentary
redline248
AG
How long until Gideon shows up where Mando is due to the tracker?

Y'all think that is all we get of Ahsoka?
bobinator
AG
I do think that's all... for now. Kinda seems like we're setting up either a Thrawn/Ezra/etc show or maybe that's the movie that's in the works.

That episode was awesome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You could also theorize that the Empire keeps an eye on places like Tython with at least some sort of sensor to alert them if some Jedi comes there seeking refuge or to pay homage to the past.

Would be great if the Empire shows up after he's left Corvus and Asohka realizes he's being tracked. Then she calls Bo Katan and the cavalry shows up on Tython to save Mando and Grogu from Gideon.

The shot from Biehn's POV of Mando in front of him and Ahsoka over his shoulder on the roof was some powerful *****

I feel bad for Ashley Eckstein - Asokha's voice actress about not getting to carry on the character to live-action - but it was definitely the right choice. She is a slightly-built person. Rosario Dawson has the physicality, and her body language and facial expressions while talking about Yoda, the Temple, and the allusion to Anakin were very well done, very believable.

John Williams' yoda's theme riff in the music was a very welcome touch as well. I feel like when Mando ends, Ludwig can basically get any composing job in the world he wants.
Ag Since 83
AG
I hope the Jedi at Tython doesn't happen, I hope Baby Yoda chooses to stay with Mando because their journey together is the core of the show.

If they say goodbye, it should be the series finale
bobinator
AG
I think he almost has to choose the Mandalorian path or else it will be weird that he didn't show up in the sequel trilogy.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Images for this happy day.

Not so rare, apparently.
redline248
AG
You think Ahsoka was thinking "I went toe to toe and defeated Maul, a former sith lord. What the f are you gonna do?"
bluefire579
AG
Saxsoon said:

Qui Gon force ghost would be incredible

Some theorize Cal Kestis from Jedi Fallen Order and would be in time period. I think Ezra is still lost

Also Ahsoka's thought on the bond the two share of father and son brings back the Filoni monologue on duel of the fates from season 1 documentary
If Thrawn is back, you have to think Ezra is as well
FancyKetchup14
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I feel like when Mando ends, Ludwig can basically get any composing job in the world he wants.

His score in TENET is remarkable.
jokershady
AG
Side note....I believe this was the first episode of this season where we didn't have any naughty language.

Dank Ferrik!!
CrottyKid
AG
jokershady said:

Side note....I believe this was the first episode of this season where we didn't have any naughty language.

Dank Ferrik!!

You should've heard what Grogu said to Ashoka!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.