*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

283,368 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you for the laugh
PooDoo
AG
My 12 y/o daughter, 4 y/o son, and wife stop down every Friday night to watch the new Mando.... Well worth the $8/mo for a few weeks of that.

I thought the Titans on HBOmax might be the next series since my daughter was showing interest in Batman... Glad I previewed a few episodes. That will be a dad only show.

Also, the animated intro and cut scenes in Chef is very cool. I'm guessing it was one of the most expensive parts of the show.
jeffk
AG
We have small children, so we'll probably never not have a Disney+ sub. Personally, I kind of like having a couple of appointment viewing options back in my life. Never really knew that I'd miss that throwback feeling, but I do. Binging is fine and great and super convenient, but having a show or two I watch at a single point each week and then spend the rest of the week pondering or discussing with friends is fun for me.
Capitol Ag
AG
XXXVII said:

twilly said:

The best part of the seismic charge sound effect is the absence of sound right before the explosion.

I was disappointed that in this episode they didn't make the same sound though.
Obviously, it has a different "sound" in space! Duh....
PatAg
AG
Another reason to stay up late and watch it on release, it won't just be social media that spoils it (accidentally or on purpose).
This is the kind of thing that random radio hosts will spoil, random hosts on news channels or other tv shows, headlines on websites, jackasses on forums.
These people can't help themselves.
Capitol Ag
AG
PatAg said:

Another reason to stay up late and watch it on release, it won't just be social media that spoils it (accidentally or on purpose).
This is the kind of thing that random radio hosts will spoil, random hosts on news channels or other tv shows, headlines on websites, jackasses on forums.
I'm not as tied into social media, but I avoid this thread and really this whole forum until I can watch the latest episode.
gougler08
AG
Agreed...you're definitely asking for spoilers if you read this or the entertainment board in general prior to watching an episode, but that's to be expected
Duncan Idaho
PatAg said:

Radio? What is that?

I just realized that I can't remember the last time I intentionally listened to the radio.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Capitol Ag
AG
gougler08 said:

Agreed...you're definitely asking for spoilers if you read this or the entertainment board in general prior to watching an episode, but that's to be expected
Yup. Learned my lesson early during the first seasons of GOT. Same with movie releases. With kiddos its harder to make opening night of the big MCU or Star Wars or whatever epic I don't want spoiled is coming out. So I just stay away. I have seen spoilers for MCU movies in GOT threads at times. I just stay away. Sucks, b/c this is where I get most of my entertainment news given how well so many on here compile info from great sources. For that, I thank all of you!
Teddy Perkins
AG
For anyone interested in a Star Wars three game bundle, there's a pretty good deal right now from Microsoft for Squadrons, Jedi Fallen Order, and Battlefront II.
ABATTBQ11
AG
This is great
Duncan Idaho
Sob.i just bought sqaudrens and fallen order for $20 each
ABATTBQ11
AG
Also, Grace Randolph is saying they are looking to kill off Din and make Boba the new star. If that happens, **** Disney and I'm out. I hope she's full of crap.
AliasMan02
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Also, Grace Randolph is saying they are looking to kill off Din and make Boba the new star. If that happens, **** Disney and I'm out. I hope she's full of crap.

That's crazy. Morrison can't carry the show. No way is that the plan.

Are they looking to kill off Din eventually? Sure. I buy that.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Maybe it's a thing where Pedro Pascal wants out - ala Harrison Ford and Han. Although Lucas did not give him his death that he wanted.

Could be done in a passing the torch kind of way like the Dread Pirate Roberts in Princes Bride, where Boba becomes Mando.

Shrug... I don't know. Nothing would surprise me.

AgfromHOU
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

She usually is
NC2001
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

No way they kill off Din now. I see Grogu getting killed first before Din.
agracer
AG
Finally caught up with S1 and now S2

Loved the scene from S1 Chapter 7 the two Speederbike troopers just shooting the crap while waiting to come into town. Not being able to hit the can 10-feet away got a chuckle for sure.

Mando removing his helmet maybe has a much to do with doing anything to help Grogu as it does with the 3 other Mando's he met on the moon of Trask. They took their helmets off and referred to some 'zealots' (don't recall exact words) who followed "the code"... maybe Mando's starting to think their is more to life than "the code".

Only really issue was the fight scene with Boba-Fett and Fennec Shandon the planet Tython. It wasn't just comical, it was stupid. Did I really just watch an action series with a respectable budget use the 'speed up the video' technique to make it look like the action was moving faster...and the Lt just telling the Stormtroopers "attack" while pointing his arm and the Stormtroopers just mindlessly run up the hill. Did anyone tell the troopers those transport are armed and could be used to strafe the 3 people on the ground. Boba Fett's fights just seemed to choreographed (I understand that the are in fact choreographed, but it just looked fake). Yes, Stormtroopers are just supposed to be mindless drones but the whole fight scene was just dumb. It's just lazy writing [/aTmAg]. Even Spaceballs was more creative.

TCTTS
AG
Stop. Listening. To. Grace. Randolph.

As I said in the Star Wars thread earlier this year (and have echoed multiple times prior and since)...

Quote:

Grace Randolph is worse than We've Got This Covered. Please don't listen to a word she says about anything. She's a lying, click-thirsty hack who couldn't share a genuine, accurate scoop if her life depended on it. Everyone who's anyone in entertainment journalism mocks her relentlessly, as they should. She's a literal insane person who makes sh*t up for money, and it irks me to no end that she somehow still has a job fooling so many unsuspecting people. No one should give that pathological sociopath their time or their attention.
Jason_Ag98
AG
agracer said:

Only really issue was the fight scene with Boba-Fett and Fennec Shandon the planet Tython. It wasn't just comical, it was stupid. Did I really just watch an action series with a respectable budget use the 'speed up the video' technique to make it look like the action was moving faster...and the Lt just telling the Stormtroopers "attack" while pointing his arm and the Stormtroopers just mindlessly run up the hill. Did anyone tell the troopers those transport are armed and could be used to strafe the 3 people on the ground. Boba Fett's fights just seemed to choreographed (I understand that the are in fact choreographed, but it just looked fake). Yes, Stormtroopers are just supposed to be mindless drones but the whole fight scene was just dumb. It's just lazy writing [/aTmAg]. Even Spaceballs was more creative.

mazag08
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

AliasMan02 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Maybe it's a thing where Pedro Pascal wants out - ala Harrison Ford and Han. Although Lucas did not give him his death that he wanted.

Could be done in a passing the torch kind of way like the Dread Pirate Roberts in Princes Bride, where Boba becomes Mando.

Shrug... I don't know. Nothing would surprise me.

Beat40
Capitol Ag said:

PatAg said:

I'm not as tied into social media, but I avoid this thread and really this whole forum until I can watch the latest episode.
Usually Friday mornings I take a look at this thread to gauge immediate reactions. Most of those reactions don't have much detail, so it's usually a safe bet.
Beat40
jeffk said:

We have small children, so we'll probably never not have a Disney+ sub. Personally, I kind of like having a couple of appointment viewing options back in my life. Never really knew that I'd miss that throwback feeling, but I do. Binging is fine and great and super convenient, but having a show or two I watch at a single point each week and then spend the rest of the week pondering or discussing with friends is fun for me.
The bolded part is the absolute truth. It's been great to ruminate on each episode afterward and discuss/read with you guys what could possibly happen in the next episode. I just wish my wife was into it so we could watch it together like we used to do with The Office and Parks and Rec before they went off the air.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Beat40 said:

Capitol Ag said:

PatAg said:

Usually Friday mornings I take a look at this thread to gauge immediate reactions. Most of those reactions don't have much detail, so it's usually a safe bet.

I've done the same but by accident really the last 2 episodes once I was caught up. Every morning go through all threads with updated posts on my watchlist and this always pops up and I never remember so I click it and then realize in the first few posts that it is talking about something I have not seen but thankfully those initial ones are just reactions and not spoilery. Then I avoid the thread until I've watched it.

israeliag
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Also, Israeli Ag is saying they are looking to kill off Miff Gideon and make Thrawn the new villain. If that happens, damn you Disney you son of a *****, I'm in. I hope he isn't full of crap.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Maybe it's a thing where Pedro Pascal wants out - ala Harrison Ford and Han.
Pascal would be nuts to want out. It is a lifetime role that doesn't type-cast him because of the helmet. And honestly can't be that demanding time wise.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

She's doubling down because season 2 has proven her wrong on her "half the season does not have Mando" bs that she was spewing before it started.
bearamedic99
AG
Ty. I had been looking for a deal on Fallen Order
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

I will never understand the strategy of releasing content at midnight pacific/3 AM eastern. It does nothing but force most people to have to avoid spoilers the majority of the next day until they can watch. I really wish more streamers would follow in HBO's footsteps and release at 6 PM pacific/9 PM eastern. That way, fans and diehards can watch episodes the moment they debut, in prime time, there's more online buzz and chatter the second episodes are over, etc.

I am surprised Disney doesn't do that actually
jokershady
AG
Because of folks bringing up older works of Jon Favreau....I'll remember him fondly as the only good thing in The Replacements

ChipFTAC01
AG
Is Fallen Order that great? I'm almost tempted to buy an Xbox to play it. I have no idea when I actually would have time to play it, but it looks like the most fun game and a great and beautiful story.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Gtfo with there only being one good thing jn the replacements.
bluefire579
AG
jokershady said:

Because of folks bringing up older works of Jon Favreau....I'll remember him fondly as the only good thing in The Replacements

Only good thing? Not even close. The Replacements is an American Classic
powerbelly
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is Fallen Order that great? I'm almost tempted to buy an Xbox to play it. I have no idea when I actually would have time to play it, but it looks like the most fun game and a great and beautiful story.
I enjoyed it. Well worth the sale price.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.