*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,648 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
heddleston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I was watching the holiday episodes of Movies that Made Us, and they had an episode on Elf. Apparently Elf is the movie that catapulted Jon Favreaus directing career, I had no idea.

Thought that was fun since I had also been watching the Mandalorian documentary series too
Decay
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I was watching the holiday episodes of Movies that Made Us, and they had an episode on Elf. Apparently Elf is the movie that catapulted Jon Favreaus directing career, I had no idea.

Thought that was fun since I had also been watching the Mandalorian documentary series too
It's a very cool story, I've also come to enjoy The Chef Show (although 100% you have to watch the actual move Chef first).

The more I see Favreau the more I think he's just a likeable guy living out his dreams.
jeffk
AG
Chef Show is amazing (as was Chef).

The episode where he and his crew and Tom Holland and Downey are all at a restaurant together is just incredible.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Decay said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

It's a very cool story, I've also come to enjoy The Chef Show (although 100% you have to watch the actual move Chef first).

The more I see Favreau the more I think he's just a likeable guy living out his dreams.

very much so.... seems like the ultimate fanboy but one that has both industry pull and talent

it's like a fanboy dream come true but thankfuly he has really delivered in contributions to both SW and MCU
mazag08
AG
I want a sequel to Chef where Favreau is hunting down rare ingredients to drum up interest in his waning restaurant. So he goes on the hunt with his son across the world looking for blue milk, green milk, Yoda slop, Jawa juice, Maz's p rickly fruit, Rey's green brick, Porg, and portion bread.
cbr
AG
well, one thing you geeks got me doing after reading some of this thread and wondering who and what such and such was, etc., was i started dabbling in Clone Wars at night. its a kids cartoon, but there is just enough good stuff to be worth watching in this 'entertainment starved' world.

certainly better than any of the mainstream movies made since the 80's, other than rogue one.

so thanks... something new. to me.

please tell me though - please tell me someone kills jar jar binx.

Wheatables02
AG
Favreau was every broken hearted dude in Swingers, the movie that defined 1996-1998.

Also look for him as Rudy's fat friend in Rudy!
YouBet
AG
Decay said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Had no idea about this show. Seen movie and enjoyed it. Will watch.
AMW2010
AG
https://fb.watch/2nt0JS5wk2/

This might be the "best of bill burr"
twilly
AG
The best part of the seismic charge sound effect is the absence of sound right before the explosion.

bobinator
AG
As soon as the thing opened I was like "oh hell yeah," I loved the sound those things made in the prequels.
XXXVII
twilly said:

The best part of the seismic charge sound effect is the absence of sound right before the explosion.

I was disappointed that in this episode they didn't make the same sound though.
CrottyKid
AG
I wondered about the "any face" security system, too. Maybe he has a twin brother?

Also, if you were Bill Burr, wouldn't you ask for a ride to a planet where you weren't all over CCTV shooting up an officers' lounge and blowing up the top several floors of a hydro dam/mining base?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CrottyKid said:

I wondered about the "any face" security system, too. Maybe he has a twin brother?

Also, if you were Bill Burr, wouldn't you ask for a ride to a planet where you weren't all over CCTV shooting up an officers' lounge and blowing up the top several floors of a hydro dam/mining base?
Pretty sure that entire facility is down for the count. He heads to a village, shows he knows how to do some basic trade, and he's set.

Like they said about the DNA scans, it would make more sense to have people wanted by the Empire set it off rather than a record of every one of 50 billion people in the Empire in the database.
TXAG 05
AG
YouBet said:

fig96 said:

PooDoo said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

I was chatting with the Mandalorian animation supervisor on Twitter and he referred to the explosion at the climax of this ep as "the Guitar Bomb" and I think that's absolute perfection.
The one Fett drops on the 2 TIEs?

Make sense with the sound used for its explosion. I like it.

And I believe it was the same bomb Boba used on Obiwan in Attack of the Clones.
Brought up by someone else in the discussion, great catch
Star Wars Nerd snark: The rest of us knew that when it happened. It's pretty iconic.

We have different definitions of the word iconic.
redline248
AG
It is one of the most memorable parts of Attack of the Clones
cbr
AG
star wars in general was always brilliant about the power of sound. always had unique sounds, and spent more time and effort than any other franchise. and the music. even the prequels and recent ****ty movies had great sounds and music.

that and pulling the most exciting historical themes and recasting them in space.

swashbuckling pirate movies - lightsabers
ww2 fighter ace duels - deathstar
as someone pointed out - train robberies in westerns - this episode of Mandalorian

TXAG 05
AG
redline248 said:

If you say so. Had no memory of it til seeing the xomaparison video
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any kind of Star Wars fan knew that bomb was.

Come on, guys.
redline248
AG
TXAG 05 said:

redline248 said:

I have to say I was being a bit "tongue in cheek." Note that I singled out that 1 movie, and not Star Wars...or even the prequels
TCTTS
AG
I usually watch on Friday nights but I'm thinking I need to watch this week's finale the second it premieres, late Thursday night. I have a feeling something massive is going to happen, the result of which will no doubt be heavily alluded to, if not outright spoiled, on Twitter come Friday.
TXAG 05
AG
redline248 said:

TXAG 05 said:

redline248 said:

I have to say I was being a bit "tongue in cheek." Note that I singled out that 1 movie, and not Star Wars...or even the prequels

Gotcha. The only thing memorable from Attack of the Clones is Natalie Portman and the infamous "I hate sand" speech.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

I usually watch on Friday nights but I'm thinking I need to watch this week's finale the second it premieres, late Thursday night. I have a feeling something massive is going to happen, the result of which will no doubt be heavily alluded to, if not outright spoiled, on Twitter come Friday.
Good move
TCTTS
AG
I will never understand the strategy of releasing content at midnight pacific/3 AM eastern. It does nothing but force most people to have to avoid spoilers the majority of the next day until they can watch. I really wish more streamers would follow in HBO's footsteps and release at 6 PM pacific/9 PM eastern. That way, fans and diehards can watch episodes the moment they debut, in prime time, there's more online buzz and chatter the second episodes are over, etc.
Sex Panther
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Palpatine:
Did you ever hear the Tale of Muckraker96 The Wise?

Anakin:
No.

Palpatine:
I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. MuckRaker96 was an Old Army Ag so powerful and so wise, that he stopped using social media. He did not have to worry about spoilers on Twitter because he didn't use Twitter, or Instagram, or The Facebook.

Anakin:
He could actually not check to see what was trending on Twitter?

Palpatine:
Living in the real world is a pathway to many abilities some nerds would consider to be unnatural.

Anakin:
What happened to him?

Palpatine:
He became so unused to technology, that eventually his 8-year-old daughters knew more about how to use an iPad than he did. When his wife started using TikTok he didn't - and might I add still doesn't - know what the hell that is. When he realized he could use his smartphone to print things on a printer, he acted like he had just invented the wheel.

Anakin:
Is it possible to learn this power?

Palpatine:
Not from TexAgs,
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

I will never understand the strategy of releasing content at midnight pacific/3 AM eastern. It does nothing but force most people to have to avoid spoilers the majority of the next day until they can watch. I really wish more streamers would follow in HBO's footsteps and release at 6 PM pacific/9 PM eastern. That way, fans and diehards can watch episodes the moment they debut, in prime time, there's more online buzz and chatter the second episodes are over, etc.
Yep, makes sense. But do we all agree that the weekly release is the way to go, as opposed to the Netflix dump at once move?
PatAg
AG
double aught said:

TCTTS said:

Yep, makes sense. But do we all agree that the weekly release is the way to go, as opposed to the Netflix dump at once move?
Nope, they're only doing it this way to milk subscriber money.
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

Palpatine:
Did you ever hear the Tale of Muckraker96 The Wise?

Anakin:
No.

Palpatine:
I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. MuckRaker96 was an Old Army Ag so powerful and so wise, that he stopped using social media. He did not have to worry about spoilers on Twitter because he didn't use Twitter, or Instagram, or The Facebook.

Anakin:
He could actually not check to see what was trending on Twitter?

Palpatine:
Living in the real world is a pathway to many abilities some nerds would consider to be unnatural.

Anakin:
What happened to him?

Palpatine:
He became so unused to technology, that eventually his 8-year-old daughters knew more about how to use an iPad than he did. When his wife started using TikTok he didn't - and might I add still doesn't - know what the hell that is. When he realized he could use his smartphone to print things on a printer, he acted like he had just invented the wheel.

Anakin:
Is it possible to learn this power?

Palpatine:
Not from TexAgs,

Legit laughed out loud at this.

In my defense, I literally have to follow entertainment news for work. Gotta know what's going on, what's being announced, etc. I don't have the luxury of unplugging for more than a weekend or so.
TCTTS
AG
double aught said:

TCTTS said:

100%. If you want to binge something, wait 'til the end of the season, after every episode has been released, and then binge it. Otherwise, weekly episode releases are so much better for conversation, anticipation, keeping the season relevant and in the limelight for a longer period of time, etc.
bluefire579
AG
Quote:

Palpatine:

combat wombat™
AG
PatAg said:

double aught said:

TCTTS said:

True. My 1 year free subscription 2ith Verizon is over this month. I cancel as soon as Mandalorian is over. Next time it's out, may wait unril a few episodes are out before signing back up so I can watch all in one momth and pay for just one month.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
combat wombat said:

PatAg said:

double aught said:

TCTTS said:

True. My 1 year free subscription 2ith Verizon is over this month. I cancel as soon as Mandalorian is over. Next time it's out, may wait unril a few episodes are out before signing back up so I can watch all in one month and pay for just one month.

^THIS is me.

I waited and subscribed near the end of November. I watched 1-5 in the next week and caught up for the 6th episode. I'll cancel after the finale. I did S1 on a free one week trial. So far I've paid for 1 month of Disney+ and watched both seasons and a few other things while we had it.

Kids are grown and I own (digitally) everything I want from SW and MCU.

When they start having more series that I'm interested in I might have to keep it multiple months but I doubt I'll ever keep it fulltime.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

I was just thinking about this a few days ago. Makes no sense to me. It's such an obvious move.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.