*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,732 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Satellite of Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love how the Marshall is basically carrying a space laser version of the WWII Browning B.A.R.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
AgfromHOU
AG
agracer said:

She also had a 'creative group' for SW at one time that was made up entirely of women....

Someone think of the children!!!!!
BBRex
AG
That. Episode. Was. Awesome!

I just can't say anything more right now.
AggieDub14
AG
Regarding powerful women in media...

This episode did a phenomenal job of showing that a group of women can be total badasses. 4 women including a New Republic officer, a badass sharpshooter, and 2 Mandalorians wrecked a ship full of stormtroopers. And they all had a legit reason to be badass.

Much improved on previous strong women for the sake of being strong women. I prefer my strong women to have a background and a purpose.
Duncan Idaho
i was not disappointed with that episode
Saxsoon
AG
AggieDub14 said:

This episode did a phenomenal job of showing that a group of women can be total badasses. 4 women including a New Republic officer, a badass sharpshooter, and 2 Mandalorians wrecked a ship full of stormtroopers. And they all had a legit reason to be badass.

Much improved on previous strong women for the sake of being strong women. I prefer my strong women to have a background and a purpose.
It didn't feel contrived like all of the women Avengers lining up while the boys are elsewhere on the same field.

I get the point it was going for and I appreciated it even if it wasn't executed well whatsover.

Spot on that there was a reason all of them were there. Wondered what happened to the other dude mando that was with Bo last time we saw her.
Jim01
AG
Just awesome. So pumped watching those final moments!

Someone earlier said they are undoing the sequels but to me it almost seems like the opposite. I don't read this thread because I try to avoid spoilers, so maybe this has been brought up, but my first thought was that taking Grogus blood and the clone scientist perhaps feeds into making the clone Palpatine that ultimately drives the sequels? Not sure the timing works out, but the idea of cloning evil Jedi definitely speaks directly to that.
Saxsoon
AG
Jim01 said:

Just awesome. So pumped watching those final moments!

Someone earlier said they are undoing the sequels but to me it almost seems like the opposite. I don't read this thread because I try to avoid spoilers, but my first thought was maybe does taking Grogus blood and the clone scientist perhaps help feeding into making the clone Palpatine that ultimately drives the sequels? Not sure the timing works out, but the idea of cloning evil Jedi definitely speaks directly to that.
The bodies in a tank had a snoke quality to them.

Also was reading an article and it had an interesting thought regarding how Bo originally accepted the blade from Sabine.

You might be wondering why Bo-Katan is so reluctant to accept the blade when recovering that priceless artifact has been her main goal all along. As we learn, "the story" behind the Darksaber is as important as the blade itself. Bo-Katan needs her people to know she won the blade in honorable combat, proving that Mandalore has a strong, righteous leader again. The fact that she previously accepted the Darksaber as a gift from Sabine Wren in Star Wars Rebels may play into that desire. Bo-Katan took the easy way once, and the end result was Mandalore falling back into Imperial hands. She may actually see her planet's downfall as a consequence of her personal weakness, making her all the more determined not to repeat that mistake.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mandalorian-season-2-finale-explained-ending-luke-skywalker-boba-fett-baby-yoda

Some interesting thoughts how the capture of Moff Gideon may end up being a key plot device of Rangers of the New Republic as they interrogate him for info about the remnants of the Empire. I think that show will see much more oblique references to the First Order.
Dro07
AG
The thing about that scene is that I didn't realize it was a girl power scene until moments after it was over. It def didn't feel forced or anything like that and worked.
AggieDub14
AG
Saxsoon said:

AggieDub14 said:

It didn't feel contrived like all of the women Avengers lining up while the boys are elsewhere on the same field.

I get the point it was going for and I appreciated it even if it wasn't executed well whatsover.

Spot on that there was a reason all of them were there. Wondered what happened to the other dude mando that was with Bo last time we saw her.

He probably sat this one out so that 4 badass women could have their own scene. But it was still epic so I don't care.
Phat32
AG
****ing Luke Skywalker **** yes
DallasTeleAg
So... have rewatched the scene at least 10 times.

The slow force pull to him, followed by the slice through, then the low spin while deflecting a shot and then force pushing while crouched low is the coolest I have ever seen a Jedi been.

Period.

Fight me.
Saxsoon
AG
I mentioned a few weeks ago I lost my job but will be moving out to Dallas in a few weeks. Been watching this with my dad since I moved in a few months ago until I got a job. He is 60 years old and I saw a kid again at seeing the green lightsaber. He didn't want to believe it was Luke until the hood dropped. We didn't care about the stilted face. That was freaking Luke Skywalker in the flesh talking to Din and Grogu and then R2D2 showed up and he was laughing hysterically.

We can ***** about Star Wars but it is moments like this that make it all worth it.
bobinator
AG
I do like how they established early in the episode that the dark troopers were droids and not humanoid just so they could have Luke mercilessly ripping them apart.
AggieDub14
AG
That's awesome y'all have been able to share this time together. Way to make the best of the situation.

I too lost my job along with my brother. We did a cross country road trip in his RV from his old house on the west coast to his new one on the east. Hit up 6 national parks along the way and covered like 5000 miles. It was a blast.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AgfromHOU
AG

My bad, Muck already posted it
birdman
Just incredible. 100% flawless.

CGI on Luke didn't bother me at all.

I'm guessing it started with this episode. That's what they had in mind. Then they reverse engineered and came up with 15 stepping stone episodes.

I can't decide which future project I'm more excited about.
AggieDub14
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/kfuayg/mingna_wen_actress_of_fennec_shand_cosplaying_leia/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Ming-Na Wen doing slave Leia cosplay
XXXVII
Any chance they just forget 7, 8, and 9 ever happened and take this story with Luke a whole other direction?
AggieDub14
AG
XXXVII said:

Any chance they just forget 7, 8, and 9 ever happened and take this story with Luke a whole other direction?

There's an episode of Rebels that makes this possible. 3rd to last episode in the series.
Legal Custodian
AG
Wasn't my favorite episode all around but it had some of the best moments. Loved the scene with Luke carving his way thru the dark troopers. I wonder if they could have had the scene in a way where we couldn't see the color of his lightsaber (either by viewing on the monitors or just fancy camera work) and the reveal of his lightsaber color when the blast doors open would have been cool. Just to build the suspense longer wondering if it's green, purple, blue?

Don't really care for Gideon as a villain. I need more reason to fear or respect him. The setup of conflict between Bo and Mando is very interesting.

And the after credit scene with Boba sitting on the throne was a bad ass scene. I'd hang that poster on a wall for sure
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Can't find the post I wanted to reply to, but I agree the transition to terror and panic on Gideon's face was a great moment. You realized that he (and maybe Grogu) was the only one in the room at that point who had some idea of what was coming down the hall.

We're so accustomed to seeing Giancarlo Esposito playing a confident sociopath, that it was nice to see him given some room to show more range. After his first appearance or 2, I just thought "Ok, Gus Fring in space. Whatever." Seeing him in fear, fast-talking and trying to manipulate his captors to turn on each other, and finally panic and attempt suicide was brilliant. I had to rewatch to realize he was trying to off himself and not just going for the gun. The Jedi were already sort of mythological legends by the time of the OT, so he might be one of the few who knows what a practiced force user is capable of, or maybe knew who Luke was.

-----
The music when Luke was wrecking shop felt appropriately dramatic to me, and kind of reminded me of the score in a scene from Better Call Saul when Gus and his goons scare the living daylights out of Nacho. Never rewatched that one so I may be a little hazy on the details, but it's the right kind of score for a dark moment when some terror is being inspired in the other characters. *OK, no more BB/BCS derails from me.
Saxsoon
AG
AggieDub14 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/kfuayg/mingna_wen_actress_of_fennec_shand_cosplaying_leia/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Ming-Na Wen doing slave Leia cosplay
Hot damn, someone said she was 52 when that was taken.
Mayor West
AG
I thought the dark troopers were made from beskar, was that not true? If they were, how did the light saber cut through them?
Legal Custodian
AG
Mayor West said:

I thought the dark troopers were made from beskar, was that not true? If they were, how did the light saber cut through them?

Had the same thought
Satellite of Love
The Phase three models were made of metal phrik per the Google machine.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
DallasTeleAg
Legal Custodian said:

Mayor West said:

Had the same thought
BECAUSE LUKE F%*#$NG SKYWALKER!!!!
Coppell97
AG
Maybe it's not pure beskar.
Rudyjax
AG
This show just points out how bad movies 7-9 are.

Wish I had watched the clone wars.
birdman
They only said the dark saber couldn't defeat Beskar. Never mentioned a regular light saber.
djmeen95
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm sorry, this is just incorrect.

You realize Kennedy is a producer, right? Not a director. Not a writer. Her job is literally to hire the right people and approve the right projects.

She absolutely gets credit for this just as she does for everything that's happened in the Disney era.

Agree to disagree.

She's a walking epitome of what's wrong with big companies. Leaders promoted beyond their capabilities who milk any lightning in a bottle success they can stumble upon from the people beneath them while avoiding being held accountable for the messes they create.

Favreau and his team have been amazing. Kennedy has been a bad steward of this property.

But go ahead and keep whatever candles on you may have on the Kennedy altar, and I'll keep the voodoo doll out on mine.
amercer
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Legal Custodian said:

Mayor West said:

Had the same thought
BECAUSE LUKE F%*#$NG SKYWALKER!!!!
AggieDub14
AG
birdman said:

They only said the dark saber couldn't defeat Beskar. Never mentioned a regular light saber.

Well they did show that in s2e5
JCRiley09
AG
"Seal the blast doors!" Never really works as planned does it?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.