*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,798 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CI86nF7FI4n
InternetFan02
AG
Checking in as someone who has been halfass watching this show with my kids who have loved it and OMFG THIS IS THE GREATEST STAR WARS IVE EVER EXPERIENCED THANK YOU
Carlo4
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

"Just once.......I'd like to look on you with my own eyes."

It's like poetry. It rhymes
Carlo4
AG
Is the official Easter egg count/references on season 2 over or under 1,000? My goodness so many amazing things we have seen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man...I just realized we might actually get a Luke/Ahsoka scene in her show. And I can't wait to see that.

Her telling Luke about the Anakin she knew, the Anakin who trained her...

Gonna hit those nerd feels right there.
CajunAg97
AG
Just watched (and cried) it with my 8 year old...he cried too! Great finale!!!
Saxsoon
AG
I do wish we had gotten Sebastian Stan as Luke but glad Hamill got to be a part of this
combat wombat™
AG
Saxsoon said:

I do wish we had gotten Sebastian Stan as Luke but glad Hamill got to be a part of this

Hamill in this episode was great. If they continue the Luke/Grogu story line, I would addume they would cast Stan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
dave94
AG
Boba:

CajunAg97
AG
Saxsoon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

THIS is what Star Wars is.

I love this.

It also just reminds me how much I miss going to theaters (I know this is a tv show). But I can't help but think this moment is Star Wars Portals moment or Cap getting the hammer. It is something you knew was going to happen but weren't sure and when it does it sends chills down your spine and you want to celebrate and fist pump with others around you.
lol, that's what me and my 8 year old son were doing!!
Carlo4
AG
Episode 1. Land on Tatooine.
Episode 8. Now here's a guy from Tatooine...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Watched Luke's part for the 5th time while getting air in the tires of my wife's car.

Recasting with Sebastian Stan would have the fan base infinitely more aflame than using CGI as long as Mark Hamill is breathing.
exitone
AG
Just finished.
I don't even know what to say right now. This was how I pictured the series finale. They basically did Luke just as I had predicted. But wow. It was great to see. But what does this mean going forward? This isn't a surprises series finale, is it?!?!
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Hamill was the right move, and I'm sure they did the best they could. I just wish the technology was better. Hell, one of those deep fakes would have been better than the final product. That said, I watched the entire sequence again, and it definitely played better the second time for me, knowing what to expect.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
just cuz

Dro07
AG
That was such a great shot at the end
dave94
AG
dromo07 said:

That was such a great shot at the end
Ming Na is so freaking badass.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
JUST Finished. Damn it was impossible to resist checking on this thread as the new post count went exponential all day.
combat wombat™
AG
BTW, regarding the clone biologist, Dr. Pershing, we're supposed to believe they have the technology to repair nearly-dead Ming Na Wen with "bionics", clone living lifedorma, design and build spaceships, speeders, droids, etc., but they can't fix this guy's eyesight without those stupid John Lennon glasses?

maca1028
11 films, 3 animated series, and that was the most bad assed 5 minutes of Jedi ass whoopery of the Star Wars universe!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
djmeen95 said:

Ok. Side rant. Kennedy is out of her depth with Star Wars and whatever she actively touches has been a mess.

And don't give me any "she touched this" stuff. Just cause she signed the invoices doesn't mean she gets credit. She's crap.

And Favreau and Filoni (and the group they've led in this) only highlight how incompetent she is.

Rant over. Lol.

I'm sorry, this is just incorrect.

You realize Kennedy is a producer, right? Not a director. Not a writer. Her job is literally to hire the right people and approve the right projects.

She absolutely gets credit for this just as she does for everything that's happened in the Disney era.
MandoArms
The part that got me was when Din closed his eyes when Grogu touched his face. That has to be the first time someone has touched his face since he took the creed. Sure we've seen his face but this is one step further and they really did a great job capturing that moment.
IG: mando_arms
LPHA
AG

I figured this **** out!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wow.........wow....... first viewing

<jaw on floor>

cont.....
So great I immediately rewound to where the X-wing approached and watched thru the credits to the bonus scene.

That might be the greatest thing i've ever seen....or at least in a long long time.
i just gotta figure out if it was that great or just so emotional that i think it was that great.

I'll tell you this. Immediate first response. I haven't felt that way about anything SW since 1980 at least. And I don't even care that he didn't look 100% real/luke.

Ep VI was great but too happy, ewoks etc.....
nothing in Ep 1-III approached even that level
Ep VII-IX had some great great moments but overall no

the only one close is Rogue One - and the near perfection of the Vader and Leia scene - but as much as I love RO it wasn't about Luke/R2.

But I'm pretty sure this is the greatest thing since ESB.

Now....back to stunned silence... and I gotta watch it a third time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
combat wombat said:

I missed the glove!

First thing I noticed and I was like WHOA!!!!!!!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Haven't watched yet, but it just went up...

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

DubFalls said:

I would have appreciated a line from Bo that said "Ho, ho, ho, now I have a starship."
Was hoping Boba would have been on board when Luke appeared. Luke stops, cocks his head, gives a quizzical smile. Boba nods and says "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."

That would have been super awkward if Boba had hung around for Luke to show up.

I mean Luke is a big reason he ended up in the Sarkacc Pit haha.

I had a momentary thought about it too....in my version Luke say "Boba? I thought you were thrown into a Sarlacc Pit" and Boba deadpans "must have been someone that looks like me".

that's funny cuz he's a clone. get it.

lol.... i'm no script writer obviously. too cheesy.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

But what does this mean going forward?
Baby Yoda's gonna turn to the dark side and found the Knights of Ren.

I've seen this kind of power before.
agracer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

djmeen95 said:

Ok. Side rant. Kennedy is out of her depth with Star Wars and whatever she actively touches has been a mess.

And don't give me any "she touched this" stuff. Just cause she signed the invoices doesn't mean she gets credit. She's crap.

And Favreau and Filoni (and the group they've led in this) only highlight how incompetent she is.

Rant over. Lol.

I'm sorry, this is just incorrect.

You realize Kennedy is a producer, right? Not a director. Not a writer. Her job is literally to hire the right people and approve the right projects.

She absolutely gets credit for this just as she does for everything that's happened in the Disney era.
She hired Rian Johnson and signed off on TLJ. She also had a 'creative group' for SW at one time that was made up entirely of women....most of the SW content she's been involved with is rated below Ep IV-VI....

Back to the show. absolutely loved the final scene. My son and I were watching the X-wing came into view and said "It's Luke...this is after TRoJ....then when I saw right hand had a black glove and the green light saber!!! YES!!!"....

Also, regarding Ashoka...wasn't she seeking Grand Admiral Thrawn...I swear that's what she said at the end of Ep 6. ????
esteban
My god that was awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't say everything she's produced is good.

But you can't blame her for the misses and not credit her for the hits.
CajunAg97
AG
TCTTS said:

Haven't watched yet, but it just went up...

Totally thought of vipers launching from Battlestar when they launched the Tie fighters!!
amercer
AG
Her job is to hire the directors (and hopefully not have to fire them during production)

On that count this series may her first hit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.