*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,871 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I missed the glove!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
DubFalls said:

I would have appreciated a line from Bo that said "Ho, ho, ho, now I have a starship."
Was hoping Boba would have been on board when Luke appeared. Luke stops, cocks his head, gives a quizzical smile. Boba nods and says "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."
BoydCrowder13
MuckRaker96 said:

DubFalls said:

I would have appreciated a line from Bo that said "Ho, ho, ho, now I have a starship."
Was hoping Boba would have been on board when Luke appeared. Luke stops, cocks his head, gives a quizzical smile. Boba nods and says "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."

That would have been super awkward if Boba had hung around for Luke to show up.

I mean Luke is a big reason he ended up in the Sarkacc Pit haha.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

DubFalls said:

That would have been super awkward if Boba had hung around for Luke to show up.

I mean Luke is a big reason he ended up in the Sarkacc Pit haha.
Don't be blaming Luke!

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Quote:

On the flip side, is this a precursor to Luke's arrogance that he can train Ben Solo and rid him of the darkness? Ahoska clearly didn't want to train Grogu because of his connection to Mando. Does Luke think he's beyond that? Or are his thoughts clouded by his love for Yoda and seeing that face again?

You know maybe there is something here. Luke trains Grogu and sends him out to the somewhere far off to deal with things. Then Ben comes around and he thinks this is easy, screws up, and it all causes his withdrawal. I don't really LIKE that but it may be how they "fix" the story.
Decay
AG
Lunchtime Friday has quickly become my favorite meal.

I was a little distracted by Luke's CGI.

EVERYTHING ELSE WAS AWESOME.

I think we all predicted it, but it was still awesome to see the spear-vs-Darksaber fight.

Additionally, they created a nice conflict that made sense with the story and characters. All season they made it explicitly clear that there's no other goals for Mando or Bo. Now that Mando reached his goal, how does he handle Bo and her goals? Will they work together to a solution or will she try to take him out?

Also Mando's actual status is very much in jeopardy. He's shown his face so he's not even technically part of his group anymore right? Plus his clan is down to 1 again. Now he's the ruler of Mandalore and doesn't even want to be, but can't pass on the Darksaber easily.

Bravo for closure and satisfaction and giving us plenty to think about.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

"Just once.......I'd like to look on you with my own eyes."
Saxsoon
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

"Just once.......I'd like to look on you with my own eyes."
I teared up at this scene
AggieDub14
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

In complete disbelief that they actually went there.

And yet, I know I'm going to get sh*t for this, but I still don't quite know how I feel. Mando and Grogu's goodbye was touching and emotional for sure - that aspect was handled incredibly well - but man, I have to say, Luke looked baaaaaaaaaad. That was maybe some of the worse de-aging effects I've ever seen, worse than anything from even 10 and 15 years ago. It was like they spliced actual Luke face footage from ROTJ and awkwardly grafted it onto another actor, and shoehorned in Luke ROTJ dialogue bits as well. Luke boarding the ship and fighting his way through it was badass, no doubt, but once he revealed himself I was just so distracted by how terrible he looked that it kind of ruined the moment for me.

In fact, after three beautifully shot, incredibly cinematic episodes, this episode as a whole looked like bland, sh*tty, soundstage TV to me. The cinematography was so flat and episodic and the whole thing just felt a bit off in that regard, compared to the amazing trajectory this show has been on. I know my mind is supposed to be melting right now, and I don't mean to rain on the parade, but outside of the super-fan-servicy last two or three scenes, I thought this was one of the worst episodes of the series so far up until that point, for a variety of reasons, where we're once again back to stilted dialogue where no one talks like real human beings, it's a bunch of running through hallway after hallway again, etc.

That said, I'm definitely excited for where things are headed, with Mando now being the owner of the dark saber; from reluctant babysitter to (a potentially) reluctant ruler is a great pivot, especially if there's tension or even an all out war between him and Bo. And I don't even know if I can wrap my mind around The Book of Boba Fett yet. Right now, all I know is that's an AWESOME title, and to have it revealed literally the day after Jeremy Bulloch died is just flat out eerie, but also incredibly cool.

Boo!
YNWA_AG
AG
So it almost seems inevitable that Kylo kills grogu
AggieDub14
AG
Maybe they use the "World between worlds" stuff from Rebels to wipe out the ST from the timeline. Wouldn't that be nice?
Saxsoon
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Considering Dave Filoni has explicitly said Ashoka is alive despite reaching out to Rey I think it is a safe bet Baby Grogs is still alive and that likely will be used in a post sequel trilogy way
Saxsoon
AG
Deadline is saying Book of Boba is separate from Mando season3

https://deadline.com/2020/12/the-book-of-boba-fett-new-disney-star-wars-series-launching-december-2021-1234658951/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Saxsoon said:

YNWA_AG said:

Considering Dave Filoni has explicitly said Ashoka is alive despite reaching out to Rey I think it is a safe bet Baby Grogs is still alive and that likely will be used in a post sequel trilogy way
The only reference I see to Ahsoka being alive in the ST by Filoni is this from 12/25/19

But, no one's ever really gone in Star Wars, and in Ahsoka's case, she's really not gone. On Dec. 25, Supervising Director for The Clone Wars, Dave Filoni, tweeted out a special sketch of Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, talking to Ahsoka. He's saying, "People thought I was dead too. Look how that turned out." Filoni wrote, "Was thinking of all of you this fine morning, Happy Holidays! Dave."

That seems pretty nebulous that she's alive in the ST
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Just think last summer when we heard the rumors - Katee Sackhoff as Bo Katan, Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano, Temeura Morrison as Boba Fett - we figured there was finally a crack in the armor (pun intended) and the studio. Sure they kept us in the dark about Baby Yoda but now we were getting the good stuff from someone on the inside.

We're all high-fiving and grinning, meanwhile over at the studio, Filoni and Favreau have their poker faces on knowing we have no idea about the Thrawn name drop, the Dark Troopers, the warped clones in the lab, and Luke Freaking Skywalker (and R2).
Claude!
MuckRaker96 said:

Saxsoon said:

YNWA_AG said:

The only reference I see to Ahsoka being alive in the ST by Filoni is this from 12/25/19

But, no one's ever really gone in Star Wars, and in Ahsoka's case, she's really not gone. On Dec. 25, Supervising Director for The Clone Wars, Dave Filoni, tweeted out a special sketch of Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, talking to Ahsoka. He's saying, "People thought I was dead too. Look how that turned out." Filoni wrote, "Was thinking of all of you this fine morning, Happy Holidays! Dave."

That seems pretty nebulous that she's alive in the ST
What is dead may never die.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

This guy - Max Lloyd-Jones was the body for Luke.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1682827/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

Matthew Wood, who played Bib Fortuna in TPM and was the voice of General Grievous in ROTS, played Fat Bib.

The two pilots in the shuttle have both been on Agents of Shield, but I have not watched it, so not sure if they are large parts of it or not.

TCTTS
AG
Such an awesome shot.
NC2001
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

This guy - Max Lloyd-Jones was the body for Luke.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1682827/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

Matthew Wood, who played Bib Fortuna in TPM and was the voice of General Grievous in ROTS, played Fat Bib.

The two pilots in the shuttle have both been on Agents of Shield, but I have not watched it, so not sure if they are large parts of it or not.

I like how his role is described in The Mandalorian on IMDB: "Double for Jedi"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"A rare photo of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni writing new episodes of The Mandalorian."

Stolen from reddit, but damn that's good.
amercer
AG
Oh. My. God.

Everything I've wanted from Star Wars since 1983.

Holy balls
i is smart
AG
Off Topic:

I apologize in advance for asking a tech question, but is anybody else having issues getting their Tv to the perfect picture setting to enjoy the show? It tends to be a bit dark for me and I've played with the brightness, etc. I know this is what they call and ID10T error.

I normally don't care to adjust settings, but feel like I'm missing out on the whole experiences. I've googled a bit, but I'm at a loss.

Edit: It seems like scenes in interior settings are tough to adjust for.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

"A rare photo of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni writing new episodes of The Mandalorian."

Stolen from reddit, but damn that's good.
I had every toy in that picture except the AT-ST and the alien next to the Gamorrean; can't remember if he's a Barada or a Nikto.
TCTTS
AG
Is it a 4K TV? Sometimes content in HDR is too dark for me, no matter how much I adjust the brightness, so I turn it off.
i is smart
AG
Yes, it's a 4K TV. I'll give that a shot. Thank you!
PatAg
AG
combat wombat said:

I missed the glove!
I legit paused and went back a few seconds multiple times just to make sure I saw the glove that I thought I did.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
This is the mother f***ing way. This is how you do Star Wars.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

If this doesn't get your nerd boner blood flowing you may be dead inside.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

God bless you, Mark.
Farmer1906
AG
OMG

I did not see that coming.

Holy ***** Hallelujah. Where's the Tylenol.

The Luke hallway scene was very reminiscent of the Vader one in Rogue One.

It's about time Luke got his due as a badass on screen.

Where do go from here? Might as well end the series cause it'll never top this.
jeffk
AG
Did we see anything from Bo after Mof lit her up? Did anyone even go check on her?
amercer
AG
jeffk said:

Did we see anything from Bo after Mof lit her up? Dad anyone even go check on her?

She's clearly that teammate that no one is rushing over to help up after they take a hard foul.
Dro07
AG
Well good golly that was epic!

JCRiley09
AG
TCTTS said:

I have to disagree about the ball. That final shot was PERFECT. Luke standing framed in the elevator (far enough away that he didn't look terrible), holding Grogu, with R2 at his side - then the elevator door shuts and we smash to black - that was absolutely iconic. Having Grogu force grab the ball in that moment would have completely ruined it, IMO.

Would be the equivalent of facing down an army of AT ATs and then "gettin that dirt off ya shoulda"
bobinator
AG
Wasnt Bo herself just given the Darksaber by Sabine Wren? That part was weird to me.

There are definitely some awesome parts of this episode but also some parts that were weird... kinda The Last Jedi of episodes for me.

EDIT: I see some other folks have already said that, this thread moves fast

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.