*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,954 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CajunAg97 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Harry Lime said:

The last 2 episodes strongly hinted at Grogu awakening and developing as a character. We'll see. 8 episodes per season doesn't put a high ceiling on that, but at least he's anamatronic and won't be growing fu manchu mustaches like the kids in Stranger Things.
Calling it first, Moff Gideon and Grogu do a duet of Neverending Story

Love that show and love that scene.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Watching now
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Couldn't get Disney+ to open at 2; trying it now.
twilly
AG
I'm crying. I'm literally crying. Beautiful. Freakin beautiful.
Kate Beckett
AG
Ugly crying at 2:45 in the morning. Love to see it.
Kate Beckett
AG
Also stick around past credits
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I can die now. And dont miss the scene after the credits!
redline248
AG
Yes
YES
YESYESYESYESYES

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
What an amazing touch to bring in r2. What a chill down my spine to see that xwing. Luke skywalker exists in the world of mando. Merry christmas, mis amigos, what a gift.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Holy f- balls!!!!!!!! Yaasssssssssssss!!!!!!!!
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Don't know the rules but I'd consider spoiler tagging that for a day
TCTTS
AG
In complete disbelief that they actually went there.
TCTTS
AG
We've never spoiler-tagged shows unless they're Netflix and all episodes are released at once. You come into this thread - or any TV thread - after an episode airs, you should expect spoilers.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
twilly said:

I'm crying. I'm literally crying. Beautiful. Freakin beautiful.
When I saw this post, i tried not to guess what was going to happen and just turned the lights off and watched.

Wow, just wow.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

bold, and I love Favreau for it
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

We've never spoiler-tagged shows unless they're Netflix and all episodes are released at once. You come into this thread - or any TV thread - after an episode airs, you should expect spoilers.

Fair enough
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

And yet, I know I'm going to get sh*t for this, but I still don't quite know how I feel. Mando and Grogu's goodbye was touching and emotional for sure - that aspect was handled incredibly well - but man, I have to say, Luke looked baaaaaaaaaad. That was maybe some of the worse de-aging effects I've ever seen, worse than anything from even 10 and 15 years ago. It was like they spliced actual Luke face footage from ROTJ and awkwardly grafted it onto another actor, and shoehorned in Luke ROTJ dialogue bits as well. Luke boarding the ship and fighting his way through it was badass, no doubt, but once he revealed himself I was just so distracted by how terrible he looked that it kind of ruined the moment for me.

In fact, after three beautifully shot, incredibly cinematic episodes, this episode as a whole looked like bland, sh*tty, soundstage TV to me. The cinematography was so flat and episodic and the whole thing just felt a bit off in that regard, compared to the amazing trajectory this show has been on. I know my mind is supposed to be melting right now, and I don't mean to rain on the parade, but outside of the super-fan-servicy last two or three scenes, I thought this was one of the worst episodes of the series so far up until that point, for a variety of reasons, where we're once again back to stilted dialogue where no one talks like real human beings, it's a bunch of running through hallway after hallway again, etc.

That said, I'm definitely excited for where things are headed, with Mando now being the owner of the dark saber; from reluctant babysitter to (a potentially) reluctant ruler is a great pivot, especially if there's tension or even an all out war between him and Bo. And I don't even know if I can wrap my mind around The Book of Boba Fett yet. Right now, all I know is that's an AWESOME title, and to have it revealed literally the day after Jeremy Bulloch died is just flat out eerie, but also incredibly cool.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The dialogue is the only part they haven't gotten down, imo. I've enjoyed the set designs and plotting for the most part. They went bold in this episode, and it opens up a ton of possibilities.

The kid in me enjoyed seeing the green lightsaber. I'll reserve some commentary until everyone else has watched.
TCTTS
AG
Seeing the green saber ignited absolutely gave me chills, to the point where I didn't expect to have the emotional response to it that I did. It was like my entire childhood came rushing back in that moment.
NC2001
AG
Wow. Just...wow!

I'm still speechless after watching this episode. Can't wait til next season!
jbryan10
AG
They did it! They mother ****ing did it!

TCTTS
AG
Because there seems to be some confusion, since Mando season three was recently announced for December 2021 as well, whatever The Book of Boba Fett ends up being (eight episodes, four episodes, a movie, etc), it's going to be airing either just before or concurrently with Mando season three, which is pretty crazy. I know the end tag said December 2021, but my first reaction was that The Book of Boba Fett *is* Mando season three, since, again, the Mando season three December 2021 official announcement was just a week ago today. That, and now that Mando gave up Grogu, I thought maybe they were changing focus to Boba now or whatever. But nope, come this time next year, we're getting TWO Star Wars stories...

Quote:

While the medium that The Book of Boba Fett will be developed for was not formally announced with the stinger, it's almost certainly the live-action spin-off that's said to be filming right now. The aforementioned report from Deadline indicated that The Mandalorian would film after about a month after work on Boba Fett started. If both shows are airing at the end of 2021, then that implies that The Book of Boba Fett is going to air for a three-to-four-episode run to pave the way for The Mandalorian Season 3 immediately afterward. That's, of course, presuming that the show begins at the start of December and The Mandalorian begins airing a week after it wraps. There's an off chance that both shows could air concurrently, and it may also be possible that this is a Disney+-exclusive feature film rather than a miniseries.

The title potentially hints at a possible anthology format, or at least that the show will specifically detail Boba Fett's personal history (most likely focusing on the events leading up to The Mandalorian and what happens immediately afterward). In any case, we'll be seeing much more of Temuera Morrison's Boba Fett, and possibly Ming-Na Wen's Fennec Shand, in about a year or so.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/12/boba-fett-december-2021-disney-plus.html

Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

to the point where I didn't expect to have the emotional response to it that I did. It was like my entire childhood came rushing back in that moment.
I know what you mean.
AMW2010
AG
jbryan10 said:

They did it! They mother ****ing did it!

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
AMW2010
AG
So just thinking out loud... we know how the Star Wars (skywalker story) movies end... we know how return of the Jedi ends... and we know how the new trilogy starts and ended... so where does grogu end up in all this? For the most part the mandalorian happens pretty soon after RotJ... so do we speculate a few options... the child ends back up with Mando, Luke trains him, and then that's the last we hear of it, grogu is part of Luke's new Jedi training that falls apart with Ben and gets killed there along with the others... or other option is the unknown. I feel the bond on grogu and mando are strong, and the fear leads Luke to not wanna train him. That could be where mando seeks out Asoka to help find Grogu... I'm probably wrong
TCTTS
AG
Mando adding "I promise" after telling Grogu they'll see each other again, more than anything, felt like the creators assuring the audience that this isn't the end of Baby Yoda on this show. And I don't think you're wrong at all... once the various shows start interweaving and culminate in whatever big crossover event that was referenced in last week's announcements, I guarantee you it has something to do with Mando and Grogu finally reuniting, with Grogu having been through a certain amount of training, can maybe even talk by then, etc. It's certainly a bold move to get rid of your most poplar character, but it now gives the show an added quality; the hope for and anticipation of a star-crossed reunion in two or three seasons, if not sooner.
EMY92
AG
You knew that there was something going on once it ended. You didn't get the usual ending with the drawings.
Ag Since 83
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

And yet, I know I'm going to get sh*t for this, but I still don't quite know how I feel. Mando and Grogu's goodbye was touching and emotional for sure - that aspect was handled incredibly well - but man, I have to say, Luke looked baaaaaaaaaad. That was maybe some of the worse de-aging effects I've ever seen, worse than anything from even 10 and 15 years ago. It was like they spliced actual Luke face footage from ROTJ and awkwardly grafted it onto another actor, and shoehorned in Luke ROTJ dialogue bits as well. Luke boarding the ship and fighting his way through it was badass, no doubt, but once he revealed himself I was just so distracted by how terrible he looked that it kind of ruined the moment for me.

In fact, after three beautifully shot, incredibly cinematic episodes, this episode as a whole looked like bland, sh*tty, soundstage TV to me. The cinematography was so flat and episodic and the whole thing just felt a bit off in that regard, compared to the amazing trajectory this show has been on. I know my mind is supposed to be melting right now, and I don't mean to rain on the parade, but outside of the super-fan-servicy last two or three scenes, I thought this was one of the worst episodes of the series so far up until that point, for a variety of reasons, where we're once again back to stilted dialogue where no one talks like real human beings, it's a bunch of running through hallway after hallway again, etc.

That said, I'm definitely excited for where things are headed, with Mando now being the owner of the dark saber; from reluctant babysitter to (a potentially) reluctant ruler is a great pivot, especially if there's tension or even an all out war between him and Bo. And I don't even know if I can wrap my mind around The Book of Boba Fett yet. Right now, all I know is that's an AWESOME title, and to have it revealed literally the day after Jeremy Bulloch died is just flat out eerie, but also incredibly cool.
I am amazed how much I agree with this. He looked and sounded TERRIBLE. R2 showing up and his reaction to seeing a Yoda like creature (who knows-maybe R2 knows Grogu) was the only part done well. I guess it's cool Mark Hamill is credited in this show, Even the music was a miss. From the minute the green lightsaber was turned on the music should have gone 100% John Williams classics

The episode as a whole was just blah. There wasn't a single scene that felt as cinematic to me as I expect given what this show has been.

The goodbye was touching, and I hope they find a way to keep Mando's fatherhood part of his character, and I guess there is potential for intrigue with the dark saber/Mandalore story

As for the Boba Fett show...it could be cool I guess?

Overall, I'm just underwhelmed
Ag Since 83
AG
Also, pretty sure "maklunkey" was said
AMW2010
AG
I was 100% expecting din to pull out the ball and grogu to force pull it just as the door closed, felt like that was a slight missed opportunity.... or if/when they reunite, din holds out the ball, it goes flying across the screen, pan out to a little hand holding it... screen goes black for season cliffhanger, crowds go wild!
TCTTS
AG
Well said. I'm obviously right there with you. And yeah, the music while Luke was fighting his way through the ship wasn't good at all. The sequence was cool *despite* the music, but it could have been AMAZING with a classic theme there. I kept waiting for one to kick in, and when it finally did, the action was over.
caleblyn
I was thinking the same. The ball would have added the cherry on top the emotional moment.

The final ten mins were the best ten minutes of all Mandalorian and the final two movies.
caleblyn
There was still a question of, who is this. The music would have taken that suspense away. Yes, the green saber gave it away but there was still some uncertainty of who.
TCTTS
AG
I have to disagree about the ball. That final shot was PERFECT. Luke standing framed in the elevator (far enough away that he didn't look terrible), holding Grogu, with R2 at his side - then the elevator door shuts and we smash to black - that was absolutely iconic. Having Grogu force grab the ball in that moment would have completely ruined it, IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.