*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,965 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really liked the trailer. Can't wait for my super fan to get home from school to show her Baby Yoda is back!

I would say though that I think getting BY home or to a good foster family is probably just one of many big plots. The trailer for Season 1 led us in one direction - bad ass loner bounty hunter having adventures and maybe tangling with the Empire, but kept us completely in the dark about BY as well as the Clandestine mandos. I would suspect this season is doing something similar with the trailer. Getting BY home or someplace like it is important, but just one of many pots on the stove.

On the subject of knowledge of the Jedi, Wookiepedia says there were about 10,000 of them at the start of Order 66. Same site says that 2 TRILLION people live on Coruscant and 400 QUADRILLION live in the entire galaxy. So you're talking about thousands of planets that have certainly never heard of the Jedi at all - entire species that have no interest past the end of their own noses/snouts/tentacles. The odds of the average being in the galaxy ever encountering a Jedi are close to zero. In the core worlds, you've probably heard of them, but do you believe it? Somewhere there are people who can do magic and control your mind and have laser swords? You'd wonder why they don't use those powers to either take over the universe or stop all the bad things in the universe.

I love the ancient Mandalore references though. If you've ever played KOTOR, it makes you think of Canderous Ordo explaining to your character about the great war and that even though they lost, it was worth fighting an worthy opponent in the Jedi.

Something else the trailer made me think of is seeing Mando back on Tatooine and the Tuskens. There was an old EU book called Tatooine Ghost that has Leia and Han back there after ROTJ - Leia finds out about Anakin slaughtering the Tusken village and how he has entered their mythology as sort of a demon/boogie man as a result, sort of what Neville becomes in the book version of "I am Legend". Mando has clearly dealt with the Tuskens before. Be really interested if they pass on some sort of similar story about the sorcerer who destroyed a whole village 40+ years ago.

can't wait to discuss these episodes with you guys.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I love the ancient Mandalore references though. If you've ever played KOTOR, it makes you think of Canderous Ordo explaining to your character about the great war and that even though they lost, it was worth fighting an worthy opponent in the Jedi.
Ron Perlman confirmed!
redline248
AG
Another consideration in the lore of the Jedi is that the emperor most likely destroyed as much knowledge/literature about them as he could. Including whatever great purge there was of Mandalorian culture...to the point of there apparently only being Mandalorians left who were children when the empire began.
PatAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Flashdiaz said:

going back to Tattooine ... unless sandpeople figured a way to make flying Bantha's to get off the planet.

Tusken Raiders you racist pos. They arent defined by their sand but their actions.

TRLM

/I'll go ahead and show myself out
Everyone has their own impersonation for the sound of this gif.
TXAG 05
AG
jeffk said:

exitone said:

jeffk said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

I love how, only about 25 years after the fall of the Jedi, they are now spoken of as a bunch of sorcerers.

I like that approach. The actions of Luke and Vader weren't witnessed by a ton of folks across the galaxy and that jives with the "ancient religion" talk from the films. Making the Jedi mythical and mystical is a good move, IMO.
I have always hated this. In Episode 4 where Han is talking about the Force like its this long lost thing where no one knows if it was really true or not bugged me. It has only been 20 years since the peacekeepers of the galaxy with a force of thousands and a killer palace on Corsucant were eliminated. In those 20 years, everyone completely forgot the jedi and their use of 'Force' to where its become a legend. It just seems weak to me.

For the core worlds, I can see what you mean, but out on the fringes of the universe, them being more mysterious makes sense to me.

Plus the Empire would have destroyed the temple and statues and anything related to the Jedi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Regarding the child and future star wars...

During the sequels he is probably around 80 years old, so still young enough to not have much impact. But maybe in 10 or 15 years disney could bring Daisy back to team up with him?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Ron Perlman confirmed!
Hollywood never let me have Clint Eastwood as Roland Deschain, you think they would at least let us have a KOTOR movie with Ron Pearlman as Canderous.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

During the sequels he is probably around 80 years old, so still young enough to not have much impact. But maybe in 10 or 15 years disney could bring Daisy back to team up with him?
This would be an extraordinarily dark ending that would certainly not be part of the Disney plan, but what if BY ended up at Luke's Academy and Kylo killed him during his purge the same way Anakin killed the younglings?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
exitone
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

redline248 said:

This would be an extraordinarily dark ending that would certainly not be part of the Disney plan, but what if BY ended up at Luke's Academy and Kylo killed him during his purge the same way Anakin killed the younglings?
Ha. I don't think they would do that. At this point, that would be like Disney putting Mickey under the guillotine in the town square of Epcots France Land and offing him. Interesting, but I cant see them doing that.

I have been thinking all along that this is the guy they could make the next round of 'sequels' around. This guy is a clone of Yoda, so its almost like a cheat code for bringing Yoda back, and making him be the future of the Jedi Order (or whatever it is that Ray is setting up).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd also like Mando to end with BY joining Ahsoka and Sabine on their quest to find Ezra from the end of Rebels. Then I can have a new Dream team- Ezra, BY, Ahsoka, Sabine, and Thrawn kicking ass in the Unknown Regions.
Sazerac
AG
I liked the mood of season 1. Music was awesome. Scenery was great. Space Western plot was cool. Mando was a badass. But some of it was really boring.

Can someone explain the timeline vs the SW movies? This is how long in the future?
redline248
AG
Sazerac said:

I liked the mood of season 1. Music was awesome. Scenery was great. Space Western plot was cool. Mando was a badass. But some of it was really boring.

Can someone explain the timeline vs the SW movies? This is how long in the future?

~5 or 6 years after Return of the Jedi

edit: unsure how much time has passed b/w end of season 1 and season 2
DTP02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

redline248 said:

Rian Johnson is an Aggie?
Sazerac
AG
Man I thought it was way more years than that
Bruce Almighty
AG
Can't wait. IMO, this has been the best thing in Star Wars since ESB.
exitone
AG
I had to laugh, when I first saw the trailer, there is a part where Mando (narrating) says "Where" right when the Bantha mouth opens. I had to do a double take to make sure the stupid bantha wasn't talking.
jeffk
AG
TIL that Starkiller Base was on Illum.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some screenshots to ogle.

The Razorcrest limping towards an earth-looking world and all beat up and broken down.

Underworld?

Fred the Talking Bantha

It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home!

Baby Snow-da

Hope that armor has a space heater inside.

Gotta be Mon Cala, right? Look at all those Quarrens! If he goes to visit Admiral Ackbar's house, I can just die right then and there.

Look how mysterious I am!

Baby Yoda in disbelief that the Texans traded away DeAndre Hopkins

Mando boards the Downeaster Alexa

Man, that's cool.

C'mon Stallion!

First Moff Gideon had one, now every Moff has copied him.

Man, that's also cool

Who are you, mysterious new upside down friend?

Mando about to turn Baby Yoda into a White Walker?

Gamorreans!

The dude from the cantina!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
O/U on a Mark Hamill appearance to end the season?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I keep saying I want that in the series finale.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am betting that is what Ahsoka's role will be - for any sort of hand off.

but they could de-age him by 35 years.
I wonder about that, since she's not technically a Jedi.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

redline248 said:

C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am betting that is what Ahsoka's role will be - for any sort of hand off.

but they could de-age him by 35 years.
I wonder about that, since she's not technically a Jedi.
well (as far as we know) there was only one true Jedi post-Jedi.

Ezra was never a true Jedi. Neither was Ahsoka nor Leia. And Luke had not started training yet (or was just starting with the next gen of Padawans.

What I mean is maybe she has some reservations about handing him over to a Jedi, after everything that happened. Assuming she knows that Luke is Anakin's, that could be even more reason for her not to do it.

Then again, if she does know Luke defeated the emperor's plan and turned Anakin back, I could see her being on with it. Lots of possibilities
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
This video has some really cool Easter eggs and insight from the new trailer. Mentions one of the mystery characters as possibly Sabine, and one of the mystery planets being Lothal.
https://screencrush.com/the-mandalorian-season-2-trailer-breakdown/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ornithopter
AG
wangus12 said:

Is that fan made or is our favorite nurse droid back?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
redline248 said:

Another consideration in the lord of the Jedi is that the emperor most likely destroyed as much knowledge/literature about them as he could. Including whatever great purge there was of Mandalorian culture...to the point of there apparently only being Mandalorians left who were children when the empire began.
Yeah, I mean for a rough analogy, imagine what the average European peasant would have known about the Knights Templar a generation after the French king suppressed them, let alone a merchant in, say, China.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If this isn't a t-shirt, I'm effing making it into one.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
wangus12
AG
DubFalls said:

wangus12 said:

Is that fan made or is our favorite nurse droid back?
Fan made
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
my 8 year old super fan watched the trailer and busted out "Maybe Boba Fett went back to live in his old apartment on the water planet and the Mandalorian is on a boat going to visit him."
Sazerac
AG
If this takes place right after ROTJ why do the Mandos look so much like JangA/Boba Fett? Janga was Mandolorian?

And the Brianna of Tarth Emperial Trooper in the future movies. Is she supposed to be Mandolorian?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sazerac said:

If this takes place right after ROTJ why do the Mandos look so much like JangA/Boba Fett? Janga was Mandolorian?

And the Brianna of Tarth Emperial Trooper in the future movies. Is she supposed to be Mandolorian?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.