*****Official THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 Thread*****

286,838 Views | 3004 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had no idea something was coming, but just FYI. Currently five minutes left in the first...

The Collective
AG
Thanks for the heads up. This is my only hope with this trash game.
TCTTS
AG
Seriously. At least it was Kirk who just scored.
The Collective
AG
Christian Kirk. This is the way.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This looks so much more action packed than last season, btw. I can't believe the premiere is only 10 days away.
Madmarttigan
AG
Hell yeah

Pretty much all I have to say
The Collective
AG
I'll probably watch it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You get a 1-second look at an alien riding along with Cara and Greef who looks a lot like the one that Horatio Sanz played in the series opener, first scene, who Mando freezes in carbonite. I wonder if he possesses some sort of intel that requires them to break him back out of wherever Mando took him?

bobinator
AG
I'm wondering if basically everything in that trailer or preview or whatever is from the first episode.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think I figured out the twist to Mando Season 2, and I suspect that you have too. But if I'm wrong, or right, or whatever, I'll use spoiler tags.

Mando isn't being charged with returning The Child to the Jedi, but to whatever planet Yoda comes from - one of the great mysteries of all of Star Wars will be revealed - what Yoda's planet looks like, what others of his species look like, etc. When he says in the new teaser that other Mandalorians can show him the path, he means finding the ones who knew/know Asokha, who probably found it is during her quest into the Unknown Regions with Sabine Wren at the end of Rebels.
bobinator
AG
I think you're most of the way there. I think at first he's going to try and return it to the Jedi, but will learn over the course of this season that there are no more Jedi (that they can find anyway), and then the search will turn to the Yoda home world. My guess is they find it in the final episode of the season.
Flashdiaz
AG
bobinator said:

I think you're most of the way there. I think at first he's going to try and return it to the Jedi, but will learn over the course of this season that there are no more Jedi (that they can find anyway), and then the search will turn to the Yoda home world. My guess is they find it in the final episode of the season.
I hope this isn't the way. I hope it remains a mystery. They're 66% on the species already, yaddle was terrible at best. Any more will dilute the awesomeness of the yoda's
Flashdiaz
AG
slightly disappointed that Carl Weather's and Mando's handshake wasn't like this:

bobinator
AG
I totally agree that a world of Yodas would be bizarre, but what if they only think they've found it. They get there and it doesn't exist/is abandoned/etc and the mystery deepens?

Like I'm envisioning the last scene of the season is they land, the ramp drops, LBY and Mando walk out, the score is ramping up... and then... there's nobody there...
jeffk
AG
It all ends with the discovery that yes, yodas do actually grow on trees.
Claude!
bobinator said:

I totally agree that a world of Yodas would be bizarre, but what if they only think they've found it. They get there and it doesn't exist/is abandoned/etc and the mystery deepens?

Like I'm envisioning the last scene of the season is they land, the ramp drops, LBY and Mando walk out, the score is ramping up... and then... there's nobody there...

Or they find a Yoda and in a dramatic moment hand over The Child, only for the Yoda to throw The Child away over his shoulder.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Flashdiaz said:

slightly disappointed that Carl Weather's and Mando's handshake wasn't like this:

They really need to make Predator sequel with clones of everyone who died in 1 & 2 plus Danny Glover and Arnold teaming up somehow. You give me a movie with Arnold, Apollo, Murtaugh, Jesse Ventura, Bill Duke, and Gary Busey, I'm there opening day.

RIP Bill Paxton and Morton Downey Jr. and Billy the Indian.

and somehow I'm just now realizing that Shane Black is Hawkins in Predator. And that Optimus Prime did the noises for the Predator.

It's 10:02 a.m. and I really want to watch Predator now.
Iowaggie
AG
Crazy they have 2 seasons of this out and about to start the 3rd season and they can't even get the 1st seasons out of the Marvel shows and Obi-Wan.
AgGrad99
AG
Why are people putting spoiler tags on unproven theories?
redline248
AG
AgGrad99 said:

AgGrad99
AG
I think Mando is actually a yoda-like creature with the ability to shape shift. He's taken human/mandalorian form, but will marry an ewok in season 3, and have beautiful wookie babies

bobinator
AG
Well the first guy did it so I did it when replying to his post.
Living Legend
AG
AgGrad99 said:

If the theory ends up being true then it's a spoiler. So wouldn't it be good bull just to use spoiler tags?
AgGrad99
AG
I mean....I guess? But isnt that half the purpose of these type of threads?...to discuss what we think might happen in an upcoming season? No one actually knows anything, so we cant be spoiling anything.

It's not a big deal. Use them if you wanna. I just thought it was a tad unnecessary.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How do you know i dont know anything?
jeffk
AG
I'm not putting a spoiler tag on my prediction that yodas grow on trees. I hope I'm right and I do spoil that reveal. I don't care.
AgGrad99
AG
Upset about unnecessary spoiler tags...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Upset about unnecessary spoiler tags...

That was funny.
AgGrad99
AG
Duncan Idaho
jeffk said:

I'm not putting a spoiler tag on my prediction that yodas grow on trees. I hope I'm right and I do spoil that reveal. I don't care.

So a Pequenino from speaker for the dead?
jeffk
AG
Nice reference! I thought I was only one who had ever read SftD.
cityagboy
AG
I'm ready
Dro07
AG
What if they get to a "yoda" planet only to find out that they reproduce by getting wet?
AgGrad99
AG
dromo07 said:

What if they get to a "yoda" planet only to find out that they reproduce by getting wet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.