Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2023

281,569 Views | 1916 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by 12f Mane
HoldMyBeer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Houston about 18" long. Sorry about the poor picture but the wife wasn't getting close to the head.
jgh85Ag
AG
HoldMyBeer said:

West Houston about 18" long. Sorry about the poor picture but the wife wasn't getting close to the head.

They say wedding cake causes that.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Stive
AG
jgh85Ag said:

HoldMyBeer said:

They wedding cake causes that.
It won't be....but this should be the Texags POTD.
DatTallArchitect
AG
I believe that's a DBWS, but the head up and ridge in the back has me a little unsure
MyNameIsJeff
AG
It's a PBWS. I thought diamondback at first glance due to the dark lines on the sides, but it's just a younger PBWS that still has a clearly defined pattern.
Badace52
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

It's a PBWS. I thought diamondback at first glance due to the dark lines on the sides, but it's just a younger PBWS that still has a clearly defined pattern.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MouthBQ98
AG
Fun with snakes. I get up early to take my old farm truck suburban in for an inspection, and decide to check the oil and coolant. Pop the hood and there's a 4' rat snake coiled up amongst the spark leads and fuel rail on top of the block. With much poking and prodding I was able to get it to stick out its head, then coax it free. Got a bite for my trouble.

This afternoon I hear the dog "critter alert" bark in the back yard and sure enough, she's found a water snake.

What happens by tonight? Who knows.

MouthBQ98
AG
Yes, those white things are snake teeth.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Dude.....you honestly need to move before snakes overtake your place and kill you and your family!!! LOL.
MouthBQ98
AG
I like to think they are doing their thing and all the sudden: "Crap, not that guy again…"
maroon barchetta
MouthBQ98 said:

I like to think they are doing their thing and all the sudden: "Crap, not that guy again…"

This is actually good news.

Rats will chew on wiring of some models of vehicles.

You have a preventive measure in place.
Texmid
AG
He just needs to rename the place Snake Farm and charge admission.
HtownAg92
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I was about to ask if you were having an allergic reaction. Those look like what pusses up when I get some bad ant bites.
StillNotAnAggie
My neighbor posted this. What kind of snake is this?
(If it's a good one, don't kill the messenger.)
Stive
AG
Rat snake. Good guy
StillNotAnAggie
Stive said:

Rat snake. Good guy

I figured as much... thanks!
maroon barchetta
Send your neighbor a link to this thread so he can learn something.
Badace52
AG
Not a snake, but snake-like in shape...This was a first for me. I caught it with a castnet in Rockport today. I know what it is, but I'll let y'all guess if y'all care to...

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txags92
AG
Gonna have to upload it a different way (like imgur) apparently.
Badace52
AG
Thanks... done
maroon barchetta
Tiny flying fish?
agcrock2005
AG
Diamond darter?

Edit: I'm wrong. Darters don't have wings. Lol
SpreadsheetAg
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tiny flying fish?

That's what I was thinking
chickencoupe16
AG
HtownAg92 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I was about to ask if you were having an allergic reaction. Those look like what pusses up when I get some bad ant bites.

Maybe he should take some Benadryl just in case.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Fun with snakes. I get up early to take my old farm truck suburban in for an inspection, and decide to check the oil and coolant. Pop the hood and there's a 4' rat snake coiled up amongst the spark leads and fuel rail on top of the block. With much poking and prodding I was able to get it to stick out its head, then coax it free. Got a bite for my trouble.

This afternoon I hear the dog "critter alert" bark in the back yard and sure enough, she's found a water snake.

What happens by tonight? Who knows.

Why are you getting so many water snakes? You're not that close to any water from what I remember...?
chickencoupe16
AG
jgh85Ag said:

HoldMyBeer said:

They say wedding cake causes that.

I just dribbled beer out of my mouth at the airport!
txags92
AG
Highfin Goby
Badace52
AG
txags92 said:

Highfin Goby

Winner!
txags92
AG
That come with a quart of live bait?
Badace52
AG
Basically... it was in a castnet with about 50 menhaden and a few finger mullet also this guy showed up a couple casts later and went back in the water.
Independence H-D
Driveway in Wellborn this evening. 2 feet or so.
maroon barchetta
That's a big coral snake!!!

A beauty.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
A nice nope rope hanging around the deer camp house
MouthBQ98
AG
A couple of my neighbors have ponds/tanks and there is a creek to the west of us a quarter mile or so. We have a lot of toads and frogs in our area as we're in a shallow valley and have soil and an environment that they apparently like. Prey brings in predators.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

A couple of my neighbors have ponds/tanks and there is a creek to the west of us a quarter mile or so. We have a lot of toads and frogs in our area as we're in a shallow valley and have soil and an environment that they apparently like. Prey brings in predators.

Cool; I figured this was it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.