Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread: 2023

287,733 Views | 1916 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by 12f Mane
Ag 11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes! And it is a beauty!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Wife picked up the last few pieces of firewood cut last year

Nope rope
txags92
AG
Just interrupted this guy's lunch outside our house in Bastrop. Heard what sounded like a kitten crying outside. Came around the side of the house and something darted away from the house (think it was a lizard or frog) and the snake went trucking off down the side of the house. Guessing it is a red-striped ribbonsnake based off of google. Was around 20-24" based on the bricks in the background.

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Could not get a picture because it was dark and the snake was moving, but I saw a really good size king snake Saturday night. Thick fella and just beautiful.

I almost ran him over, and I had to stop and go back with a flashlight to find him. Made sure he wasn't a coral.

Just a pretty snake. Biggest Texas King I've ever seen. Hopefully, he'll eat a copperhead or two for me.
Badace52
AG
What kind of king?
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCO07
AG
My 9 year old was leading the way on a hike this weekend in the Sam Houston National Forrest. He calmly stopped turned back and said "be careful there's a baby copperhead." I've been drilling both boys on common texas snakes since they were 4 or 5. I use this thread a lot for quizzing them

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Badace52 said:

What kind of king?
Louisiana milksnake
agz win
AG
First one I've seen this year.

Colt98
AG
Pulled a small coral snake out of my pool last night. 10" but the size of my middle finger. Was going to let it go then decided to smash it. My wife was not going to let me let it live.
nealan
Understandable, but sometimes we don't tell the wife lol
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Next time use the skimmer net on the long pole and see how far you can launch it.
OnlyForNow
AG
Just can't quite put my finger on it.

In reality, I met my clients at the hotel in south Texas follow them to the ranch pull up beside them, step out and there's this guy exactly like this.

Ranch hand musta run him over before we got there
agcrock2005
AG
I'll delete to save thread.
OnlyForNow
AG
Did mean anything arrogant by the post.

Just posting a WDB baby I saw today.
beatlesphan
AG
What do we have here?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Dekays brown snake
beatlesphan
AG
Cool thanks!
double e
AG
PBWS? Outside Brenham, 200 yds and way uphill from nearest water. Thanks to all who make this such a great thread.

PS completely freaked out my sister '91
agcrock2005
AG
Not sure but looks like he's hauling ass!
P.U.T.U
AG
2 pbws and 2 diamondback on my run today in Collin county. And a beaver
FTAG 2000
AG
P.U.T.U said:

2 pbws and 2 diamondback on my run today in Collin county. And a beaver

Where at?
P.U.T.U
AG
Wylie/Sachse
12f Mane
AG
You got it
Badace52
AG
Very cool. I've seen beavers in the San Gabriel River both near Tejas Camp and above Granger Lake.
CM
jgh85Ag
AG
Having to restrain 13 year old me from making beaver jokes.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Any identification idea? Son and I found this in the firewood. Still moist so I'd assume not very old at all

nealan
Looks rat snakey to me
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Double post
Badace52
AG
12f can probably ID using the scale count on the head. That one's above my pay grade.
JSKolache
AG
Tangent since it was bought up. Beaver sighting today, squished on a suburban backroad in Ft Bend County. Big flat paddle tail was unmistakable. A few days ago someone posted a photo on nextdoor of a decent sized oak chewed half through, maybe a mile... mile and a half away. Surprised to see so much beaver activity in this part of the world lately.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Knew someone in Simonton that battled them regularly on their property. I also saw a dead otter on a bridge over Bear Creek last week. Someone ran over it.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Fun day at the deer lease. In addition to the snake skin we found above we also went on a walk and saw what I think might have been a coach whip. Long/ skinny/ hombre multicolored guessing on the breed

Then leaving the stand we had a copper head cross our path and used it as a teaching lesson for nope ropes. We had discussed them earlier but real life is a better teacher.

I also gave my son his first knife and we worked on some whittling.

Jackson David
AG
Any idea what kind of snake this is??? In my daughters neighborhood in San Antonio
TarponChaser
Jackson David said:

Any idea what kind of snake this is??? In my daughters neighborhood in San Antonio

Water snake. Not sure if plain-bellied or yellow-bellied.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.