***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,663 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
ramblin_ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just heard yesterday that DLaw this year has graded out head and shoulders over everyone else on defense. So while not getting sacks, he's still a beast
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dlaw was okay. Jaylon was bad. LVE was a non-factor too much. Slow start to the year and eventually hurt.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Didn't realize Lawrence was doing so well. I didn't think he was a total scrub, just didn't think he was as good as the past.

On Zeke, I don't think he's been awful but he's not been great and if that's true that he pulled himself out due to being tired on some crucial plays, that obviously doesn't give optics .
Ag Natural
AG
I'm actually okay with the guys they've already paid. The Smith contract looks bad in some respects but it's not crippling. I'm more concerned with who they might over pay this offseason. I dont think Byron Jones deserves a huge deal. I also dont think Dak has played well enough down the stretch to justify a mega deal. Cooper is a tough one too. Hes been injured and a non factor lately. How much is he going to demand?

My other big fear is the special teams have been nothing short of horrid this season. I really hope they dont over react and draft a bunch of special teamers.
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

I'm actually okay with the guys they've already paid. The Smith contract looks bad in some respects but it's not crippling. I'm more concerned with who they might over pay this offseason. I dont think Byron Jones deserves a huge deal. I also dont think Dak has played well enough down the stretch to justify a mega deal. Cooper is a tough one too. Hes been injured and a non factor lately. How much is he going to demand?

My other big fear is the special teams have been nothing short of horrid this season. I really hope they dont over react and draft a bunch of special teamers.

I agree. I don't want to pay Byron big money either but I hate to think of what this secondary looks like without him.

I would franchise Dak and make him put up a good year next year. It might not settle well with him, but I don't care.

Cooper is a head scratcher. Everyone says he's healthy, but I can't help but think there's something going on healthwise.
lespaul
AG
I get tired of folks saying the cowboys have the best Oline in football. Zeke gets hit in the backfield almost every play. It might be the most expensive Oline, but they aren't very good IMHO. I realize Connor Williams has been hurt which is a big problem.

Jerry always overpays for players he thinks are stars. Therefore, money isn't available for things like depth and special teamers. It is why they often collapse at the end of the season as the injuries pile up. Also, their special teams were flat our terrible this year.

For the love of everything holy, can this please be the end of Heath's tenure as a starting safety?

Lack of turnovers is a big time concern and I think safety and Dline is a big reason for this (Wentz had little pressure yesterday).

DannyDuberstein
AG
The worry is that there are some places where injuries are hurting production vs $$$ value (namely OL) along with a guy like Jaylon. Starts to add up and makes this offseason's decisions enormous.
BMX Bandit
Connor Williams is a big problem even when not hurt
the last of the bohemians
Garrett throwing his OC and Wrs coach under the bus when it doesn't even matter anymore... nice touch of class
Grapesoda2525
I heard a rumor that Jaylon Smith focused on his business all offseason and didn't really practice or workout at all.

Might be why he sucked so bad this year and at least 5 different teams tailored offensive game plans to go after him every play.
Grapesoda2525
the last of the bohemians said:

Garrett throwing his OC and Wrs coach under the bus when it doesn't even matter anymore... nice touch of class
What are you talking about?

Can you link an article for those of us who never listen to his monotone press conferences that talk about the "process" and "executing better".
Grapesoda2525
BMX Bandit said:

Connor Williams is a big problem even when not hurt
They need mcquistan to come back ready to fill in for Connor next year.

They also need Frederick to improve from this year. Mark schlereth has the same condition as Frederick, he had a bad first year his first season back. His second year? He was back to being an all pro.
Macarthur
Yeah, I read earlier that it would be next year before Fred is really back to his old self.
the last of the bohemians
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2019/12/23/21035078/jason-garrett-blamed-everyone-else-for-the-cowboys-critical-4th-and-8-play-personnel-decisions
MooreTrucker
AG
BMX Bandit said:

All 3 articles have Rappapott tweet as the basis

None says Garrett would get the job.

Both sides being interested is many miles away from it being established he'd get the job immediately
Yeah yeah, whatever. I still think it's happening, and it's going to make it easier for JJ to let go, which is also happening.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Su'a-Filo out for the season with broken bone in his leg. LVE also won't be back this season (which we all figured was the case).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/23/leighton-vander-esch-out-for-season-but-receives-good-news-about-his-future/
PooDoo
AG
So much for no medical issue with his neck.
expresswrittenconsent
PooDoo said:

So much for no medical issue with his neck.

Yeah, weird. Not like it was a pre draft concern.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think he just needs a bigger neck roll.
PatAg
AG
Anyone else going to have the game on, but not really give a damn?
BenFiasco14
AG
Yes. But the eagles game is more important. I don't see them losing to the giants so it's probably irrelevant
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TyHolden
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Yes. But the eagles game is more important. I don't see them losing to the giants so it's probably irrelevant
without ertz, it's certainly possible. they wouldn't have beaten them in Philadelphia without him.
PatAg
AG
Philly isn't very good either, so it's definitely possible they lose
Just like we could lose to Washington
MooreTrucker
AG
Ertz is out for PHI. That can't hurt.
Grapesoda2525
After losing to philly, ( and Chicago, and the jets)

This team doesn't deserve it. I've already checked out. If we make the playoffs I'll find out on the news or in the paper.
gigem1223
Suuuure you will
TyHolden
AG
PatAg said:

Philly isn't very good either, so it's definitely possible they lose
Just like we could lose to Washington
Philly line has moved a point in the giants favor since ertz ruled out. it's at -3.5 Philly now. not saying they should lose at ny but it sounds much more possible than us losing.

Cowboys line has moved 5 points since opening. it's at -12.5 cowboys right now. Haskins isn't playing and they are missing most/all of their secondary. we should win handily.

not sure I care either way though. let's get to the new era.
45-70Ag
AG
How i envision today.

Eagles lose today
Cowboys game will still be going when the eagles game goes final
Cowboys will have a chance for the game winning FG and miss it.

Grapesoda2525
Irish_Man said:

How i envision today.

Eagles lose today
Cowboys game will still be going when the eagles game goes final
Cowboys will have a chance for the game winning FG and miss it.

I'd agree normally, but that idiot Maher is gone and the replacement has been one of the few bright spots of the team lately.
TyHolden
AG
i'm curious how JG will be reacting during game. i wonder if they'll be giving him info from the other game as it happens. can't believe he's been here as long as he has.
Grapesoda2525
DSAg44 said:

i'm curious how JG will be reacting during game. i wonder if they'll be giving him info from the other game as it happens. can't believe he's been here as long as he has.
Chances he'll be gone tomorrow if cowboys aren't a playoff team?

Jerruh shouldn't wait long.
BMX Bandit
Grapesoda2525 said:

DSAg44 said:

His contract is over after this year. Jerry doesn't need to do anything
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DSAg44 said:

Jones doesn't actually have to do anything tomorrow for Garrett to be gone. I'm not sure how the official dates work on it but the contract can end and he won't be "fired", he just won't be back.

Now, JJ doing anything and NOT announcing it for all the world to hear....well, that ain't happening.
Baby Billy
AG
PatAg said:

Anyone else going to have the game on, but not really give a damn?

I'm just ready for the new Era, whatever that is. Making the playoffs is just delaying the inevitable. We have no chance to make any noise at all.

Not saying I hope we lose or the Eagles win, but I really don't care either way
TyHolden
AG
Jerrah needs to delay game somehow to determine whether to tank for draft pick or not. Lots of delays. Give JG a code red in the 4th.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.