***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

294,099 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Saint Pablo said:

Idk why but this is hilarious to me
the Cowboys season is CLOSED

dude we can still win the division at 6-10.

Personally I'm rooting for that level of nonsense. Would be epic.

TyHolden
AG
Barbie Carpenter is critiquing Cowboys as an analyst on ESPN. ESPN has dropped farther than I thought.
ElephantRider
AG
Jerry got pissy on the radio earlier
hph6203
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

And yet, somehow Jerry Jones is in the NFL Hall of Fame, and Jimmy Johnson isn't. SMDH.

It's really more about what Jerry has done for the NFL as a whole on the business side of things. He has been a very big part of the NFLs impressive growth in the last 30 years. Licensing deals, marketing, stadium deals, negotiations with cities regarding stadium locations, tax incentives, etc. He has been a huge influence on how every team does business in today's NFL.

It has very little to do with the win/loss record of his franchise, but 3 rings certainly helps!
Jerry is one of the best in the NFL at the business side of things, but he's gotta be one of the worst I've ever seen at managing the football side. Almost everyone on this board could do better in that aspect. Probably 90% of this board would've fired Garrett already. Hell I would've fired him in 2013.

This is so laughably ridiculous.
rojo_ag
AG
The East Division Champion should decline their bowl. . .I mean playoff bid this year.
jja79
AG
A GM who hasn't put together a team capable of reaching the NFC championship game in 24 years is probably a terrible GM.
EastSideAg2002
Kind of hoping the Redskins win it, just to give jerruh the final nut shot.
Wisconsin_Ag
EastSideAg2002 said:

Kind of hoping the Redskins win it, just to give jerruh the final nut shot.

If that's the case then the Redskins will have to start their run to the playoffs on Dec.15 at home against the Eagles 'cause they ain't beating the Packers in Green Bay this Sunday.
DannyDuberstein
AG
DSAg44 said:

Barbie Carpenter is critiquing Cowboys as an analyst on ESPN. ESPN has dropped farther than I thought.
Proof of the power of the Cowboys brand. This guy should have never been seen or heard from again the day he retired, and that's how it would be with 29 other franchises.
ramblin_ag02
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

DSAg44 said:

Proof of the power of the Cowboys brand. This guy should have never been seen or heard from again the day he retired, and that's how it would be with 29 other franchises.
The Cowboys are larger than life, but his college fame at Ohio State isn't nothing
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
2ndGen87
AG
So the Eagles have nothing but NFC East teams for the final 4.
The Redskins have the NFC East plus the Packers this weekend.
Dallas has 2 east teams and the 7-5 Rams.

My prognostication:

If the Redskins beat the Packers, they win the divison. Unlikely.
I think Dallas beats the Eagles. Hard to say which team is falling faster.

Dallas is 2-7 against non conference foes, so I am not sure they will make a significant run in the playoffs.
2ndGen87
AG
Maybe, just maybe, it is the GM.

Last NFC Championship Game Appearance by division

2017 East Philadelphia Eagles
2011 East New York Giants
1995 East Dallas Cowboys
1991 East Washington Redskins

2017 North Minnesota Vikings
2016 North Green Bay Packers
2010 North Chicago Bears
1991 North Detroit Lions

2018 South New Orleans Saints
2016 South Atlanta Falcons
2015 South Carolina Panthers
2002 South Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2018 West Los Angeles Rams
2015 West Arizona Cardinals
2014 West Seattle Seahawks
2013 West San Francisco 49ers

How long ago was that? The oldest player in the NFL - Adam Vinateri - started in 1996. The second oldest, Tom Brady, wasn't around until 2000.

To Keep it NFC only, Drew Brees began in 2000.

annie88
AG
DSAg44 said:

Dan Campbell + Aaron Glenn

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/11/30/20988448/the-one-cowboys-head-coaching-candidate-nobody-is-talking-about-dan-campbell-jason-garrett

Glenn Campbell?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Jerry is one of the best in the NFL at the business side of things

How so?

Full disclosure. I'm an Oilers/Texans fan but just curious do your opinion as why you say this?
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Zeke's usage

I read that quickly as Zeke's 'sausage' and I was thinking wow, dude, TMI.. I know the football pants are revealing.
Fight Fight Fight.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Jerry utters "bullsht" during radio interview, gets dropped from call.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/06/jerry-jones-swears-on-the-air-gets-dumped-from-live-radio-interview/
Agristotle
AG
There is a lot out there on how much the other owners respect Jerry's business savvy and how much money he has made them all.

The following is an excerpt by Leigh Steinberg:
"No single individual, with the possible exception of the last two commissioners, has done more to create the current dominance of the NFL than Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. His vision of what the NFL could achieve was ahead of its time, with television contracts, marketing, branding, memorabilia, franchise values, the NFL Network, harmonious relations with agents and the use of the internet. His energy, creativity and willingness to challenge tradition are partly responsible for the NFL's status as the nation's favorite sport."
Baseball-Junkie
annie88 said:

How so?

Full disclosure. I'm an Oilers/Texans fan but just curious do your opinion as why you say this?

Quote:

No single individual, with the possible exception of the last two commissioners, has done more to create the current dominance of the NFL than Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. His vision of what the NFL could achieve was ahead of its time, with television contracts, marketing, branding, memorabilia, franchise values, the NFL Network, harmonious relations with agents and the use of the internet. His energy, creativity and willingness to challenge tradition are partly responsible for the NFL's status as the nation's favorite sport and the Cowboys' status as the highest valued sports franchise in the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2017/08/02/how-jerry-jones-helped-revolutionize-the-modern-nfl/#13b062422617
bigcat22
AG
Just read where Whitten got in Garrett and Moore's face in two different yelling matches. At least someone appears to care
Grapesoda2525
What do you guys think of urban Meyer being the new coach?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. At least Meyer knows how to manage a football game.
BenFiasco14
AG
bigcat22 said:

Just read where Whitten got in Garrett and Moore's face in two different yelling matches. At least someone appears to care

He's part of the problem according to some game thread geniuses
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PatAg
AG
Sean Lee and Jason Witten become coaches, Troy is GM
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, he is basically a tackling dummy that runs about a 5.3 40. He may not be part of the problem, but I dont really see him as part of the solution either. But put the headset on him and maybe he would be more of an asset.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Can we please stop spelling his name "Whitten".

Its about to catch up to Irving, Davies, and Aikerman as names there is no excuse to misspell.
annie88
AG
Ed Gelton said:

I would be too if I had to film commercials with brad paisley all day every day
Not if you got paid what he gets paid, I think you could put up with it.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

annie88 said:

How so?

Quote:

No single individual, with the possible exception of the last two commissioners, has done more to create the current dominance of the NFL than Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. His vision of what the NFL could achieve was ahead of its time, with television contracts, marketing, branding, memorabilia, franchise values, the NFL Network, harmonious relations with agents and the use of the internet. His energy, creativity and willingness to challenge tradition are partly responsible for the NFL's status as the nation's favorite sport and the Cowboys' status as the highest valued sports franchise in the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2017/08/02/how-jerry-jones-helped-revolutionize-the-modern-nfl/#13b062422617
Thanks. Good to know.

So he's the Trump of the NFL, Gets things done, makes people money and everyone hates him.
Fight Fight Fight.
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

What do you guys think of urban Meyer being the new coach?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. At least Meyer knows how to manage a football game.

Nope. I won't qualify it, just a big fat nope.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, while the idea of that experiment would be interesting, I think it would be a gigantic bag of fail. So nope.
expresswrittenconsent
If the goal is Lincoln Riley, then sure, take Urban, he is Lincoln with 100x better resume.
BenFiasco14
AG
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
How is Brett Maher still on the team? What kinda message does that send the rest of the team and the fanbase? It tells them at a minimum you don't hold your players to any kinda minimum standards. The Jones family is so damn incompetent.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

How is Brett Maher still on the team? What kinda message does that send the rest of the team and the fanbase? It tells them at a minimum you don't hold your players to any kinda minimum standards. The Jones family is so damn incompetent.

They did try out kickers, but none of them were any good I guess. But I get what you are saying... nobody has any balls to hold players accountable.

Remember when Jimmy cut our backup RB (who was pretty good) right before the playoffs because he told him DO NOT FUMBLE... and he fumbled late in the season.

He cut Richard's ass and the guy missed out on a ring. But perhaps the entire team misses out on a ring if the message isn't sent.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Belichick would have cut the guy at halftime and made him walk home.
PatAg
AG
annie88 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

annie88 said:

How so?

Quote:

Thanks. Good to know.

So he's the Trump of the NFL, Gets things done, makes people money and everyone hates him.
Maybe Trump as president gets thing done, but that was not his reputation as a business man.
annie88
AG
PatAg said:

annie88 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

annie88 said:

How so?

Quote:

Thanks. Good to know.

Maybe Trump as president gets thing done, but that was not his reputation as a business man.

Actually, it was.
Fight Fight Fight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.