***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,373 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
TheCougarHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zeke was getting stuffed all night and Dak was red hot then they run it to Zeke twice in a row with the game on the line. Garrett needs to be fired immediately. Also how much is Zeke making compared to Dalvin Cook? Where's Trysten Hill? What an absolute failure of a front office.
Ag12thman
AG
Vikings secondary was not good at all and routes were open everywhere. Don't get the playcalling at all, but I never have under Garrett.
BenFiasco14
AG
Dalvin Cook is a much better RB than Elliot
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
PatAg
AG
It's depressing to know there is no chance we fire Garrett during the season, and almost equally little chance they fire him after the season either.
Grapesoda2525
I keep going back to it, but games are decided by the slimmest or margins when you have 2 good teams on the field. Coaching is often the difference.

FIRE GARRETT or this team will continue to underachieve.
the last of the bohemians
If takes special coaching to make an 8-1 team into a 5-4 team
PatAg
AG
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+not+care+about+professional+sports&s=g
hph6203
AG
PatAg said:

It's depressing to know there is no chance we fire Garrett during the season, and almost equally little chance they fire him after the season either.

There is no way they keep him if they don't make it passed the divisional round.
Unemployed
AG
hph6203 said:

PatAg said:

There is no way they keep him if they don't make it passed the divisional round.
It's Super Bowl or bust for Garrett.

Jerry ain't getting any younger.
PatAg
AG
He went to Princeton but his degree is in History, not exactly the most useful bit of knowledge for a coach.
Southlake
Dalvin Cook was nails.

Maybe Zeke should concentrate on playing football rather than playing nose rings.

Dont really understand why when Dak and Amare were picking apart the Vikings, we ran Zeke and not only got no gains, but kept the clock running.
94chem
Can't put the ball in the hands of your 3rd best offensive player with the game on the line.
94chem
Grapesoda2525 said:

I keep going back to it, but games are decided by the slimmest or margins when you have 2 good teams on the field. Coaching is often the difference.

No way Belichick loses that game tonight, at least not on that last drive. When something can't be stopped, keep doing it.
diehard03
Quote:

Dont really understand why when Dak and Amare were picking apart the Vikings, we ran Zeke and not only got no gains, but kept the clock running.

I think the 3rd down one was inexcusable. The 2nd down call was to run the clock down.

That said, there were some bad whiffs up front on that 3rd down.

I can't hate on the 4th down play. The ball was on target and it looked like a good pick up by zeke...except for a great play by the LB.
diehard03
Quote:

Quote:

No way Belichick loses that game tonight, at least not on that last drive. When something can't be stopped, keep doing it.

I know its the desire to find something wrong, but sometimes the other guy makes 1 more play than you...and that's it.
ChemAg15
AG
I'm very disappointed with how this game ended tonight. On a night when Dak Prescott puts the team on his back and is leading a fantastic game winning drive, the ball is take out of his hands.

The defense played terrible. They stacked 9 in the box and still couldn't stop the run. And yet the Cowboys had a chance to win it in the end. Good teams find ways to win. The Cowboys find ways to screw it up. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Fire Garrett. If Kellen Moore thought running the ball twice on 2nd and 3rd down was a good idea, he can go too.
expresswrittenconsent
ChemAg15 said:

The defense played terrible. They stacked 9 in the box and still couldn't stop the run. And yet the Cowboys had a chance to win it in the end. Good teams find ways to win. The Cowboys find ways to screw it up. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Fire Garrett. If Kellen Moore thought running the ball twice on 2nd and 3rd down was a good idea, he can go too.

Yeah that's my concern. Was tonite an outlier for the defense or a blueprint for moving the ball at will?
FrontPorchAg
94chem said:

Can't put the ball in the hands of your 3rd best offensive player with the game on the line.
or at least run an RPO.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
FrontPorchAg
BenFiasco14 said:

And anyone is a better coach than Garrett
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Grapesoda2525
Mtn_Guide said:

BenFiasco14 said:

And anyone is a better coach than Garrett
Question for the Garrett defenders on here.

Yes..... I know the cowboys have won a lot of games under Garrett, but isn't the point of playing to try and win championships?

The cowboys under Garrett have an extensive history of losing the big games or the games that matter.

Tough NFC opponent in prime time? Usually a loss.

Tough AFC opponent? Usually a loss.

Does he own philly and the NFC east? Yes

Playoff game? 50-50 odds at best and that's being generous.

If division titles were the name of the game, I'd be all in favor of keeping Garrett, but it's about Super Bowls. I guess some people here are content to beat the skins, Eagles, giants and call it a day, but the Cowboys should be aiming higher.
Grapesoda2525
Games like this against a quality opponent show exactly why no team under Garrett will ever make a super bowl much less win one. When the game gets close against a good team late your coaching has to make quality decisions, manage clock properly, and put the team in the best spots to allow them the best chance to win the game.

Garrett routinely fails to do that. Even in games against good teams where his team plays well enough to win like tonight. There's just no way he'll ever be able to do that well enough to beat 3-4 good teams in a row to get to/win a Superbowl. No matter how talented his team may be.

Conservative *****.
Grapesoda2525

94chem
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I think the 3rd down one was inexcusable. The 2nd down call was to run the clock down.

That said, there were some bad whiffs up front on that 3rd down.

I can't hate on the 4th down play. The ball was on target and it looked like a good pick up by zeke...except for a great play by the LB.

I totally understand the clock angle. I just don't know why they were trying to set up first and goal from the 9. If you move the chains by throwing the ball, you're probably looking at no more that 7 yards on goal to go, and could still use the running game. Trying to get 2 yards on 2nd and 2 from the 12 is poor strategy.
DTP02
AG
Moreover, this isn't Aaron Rodgers' Packers or Tom Brady's Patriots. This was a team that had killed you primarily with Dalvin Cook. They aren't going to be able to use Cook that much if they have less than two minutes left. Cousins would have to beat you throwing the ball down the field.

In other words, using up time isn't so critical that you waste a precious down in the red zone. Run plays that put you in position to score, and use most of the playclock in between, and you'll be fine on time.
Ag12thman
AG
Lost to a team with no QB. Cousins is average at his very best. Garrett and the defense lost that game.
bonfarr
AG
Broaddus has some tough criticism of Kellen Moore which is rare for him, he usually keeps with the party line.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-coach-miscues-credit-to-dak
Quote:

FRISCO, Texas A handful of notes and observations from another ugly loss.

I am generally a big believer in a balanced attack, but even I can't defend Kellen Moore for his willingness to stick with the run in this game. Mike Zimmer was not going to let Ezekiel Elliott beat him and he gambled that Dak Prescott wouldn't. Zimmer's plan only worked due to Moore's stubbornness. Zimmer continued to dare Moore to run the ball and he fell for the trap by doing so. Moore ran the ball three times on two red zone trips for a total of -1 yard. There was nothing I saw from Elliott or this offensive line blocking that led me to believe they were going to have any success running at all the entire game.
What a rough night for the Dallas defense. Missed tackles, third down conversions and just getting their butts handed to them by the Vikings. The plan should have been to make Kirk Cousins have to make plays in this game -- but none of that happened. Cousins tends to make mistakes and poor decisions, but Richard's crew allowed the Vikings -- with a banged up offensive line and an old school fullback to control the line of scrimmage. I lost track of how many times there was a white jersey wiping out a blue one. Cousins didn't have to make plays in this game because no one stepped up to make him do so.
Flat pass to Ezekiel Elliott on fourth down? Why not something inside to Amari Cooper or Randall Cobb? If you're going to throw that pass to Elliott, why wouldn't you run some type of rub in order to give him a little separation? With the design, you're creating less space for Prescott and Elliott to operate. Eric Kendricks made a heck of a play to knock the ball away, but the call helped him cover the necessary ground in order to make the play.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
diehard03
Quote:

I totally understand the clock angle. I just don't know why they were trying to set up first and goal from the 9. If you move the chains by throwing the ball, you're probably looking at no more that 7 yards on goal to go, and could still use the running game. Trying to get 2 yards on 2nd and 2 from the 12 is poor

I don't think they wanted to get 2 yards. They were betting that Zimmer would abandon his gameplan on the goal line and Zeke would have got either the score or inside the 5.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Its crazy to me people still defend Garrett. Or go with "well who are you going to hire?" Logic to keep him. Its lazy at best but yet people still fall back on "well Jason Garrett isn't the one on the field getting paid to tackle or hold on to the ball "

Hard to take anyone seriously that advocates for Garrett in anyway.
jr15aggie
AG
I think people defended the situation more than JG. We were so close a few times and there was no guarantee another coach would get better results.

That being said, it should be clear to all that we have some real top end / elite talent on this team. Not only that, but some of them (like D-Law) are playing their asses off. We also have a QB that, at times, has played at the absolute highest of levels this year... and yet we have 4 losses after 9 games.

We should, at worst, be a 7-2 team right now.
jr15aggie
AG
Adding to what I said above... IMO it's now Super Bowl or he's fired. Forget the NFC Championship being the measuring stick. Our QB, overall talent, and a couple lucky breaks can get us their despite Reds best efforts.

But I don't think we'll have to worry, it's highly likely he sinks the ship well before then.
Ag Natural
AG
I've been pretty happy with the offense in general. However, it's a major pet peeve of mine when the play callers doesn't just stick with what works on a game to game basis. The Pats are a great example of this. I've seen games where they throw it 60 times. I've seen games where they rarely throw.

Moore obviously is incredibly young. But he has promise.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
jtstanley4621
AG
As I said going into this game: we now have the worst record of any of the NFC teams in the playoff picture, including the wildcards. We are very fortunate to be in a terrible division. Garrett has gotta go.
investorAg83
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

As I said going into this game: we now have the worst record of any of the NFC teams in the playoff picture, including the wildcards. We are very fortunate to be in a terrible division. Garrett has gotta go.
And pissed away a great opportunity. Going into last night, 7 teams in the NFC had an equal or better record. 3 lost in the day games and another is going to lose tonight. If we had beaten the Vikings, 5 of the 7 teams would have lost this weekend.

And heard a pretty alarming stat from the game last night. We didn't rush the ball for a single first down last night. 3rd time in franchise history.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That's 4 games this year against quality teams and they've lost 3 of them. And in those 3, Zeke was basically a non-factor. Philly, their only W, was the only time he made a decent contribution. He's putting up pretty good numbers for the season, but they are pretty much empty numbers. And his 4.4 YPC for the season is very unimpressive.
ElephantRider
AG
Ag Natural said:

I've been pretty happy with the offense in general. However, it's a major pet peeve of mine when the play callers doesn't just stick with what works on a game to game basis. The Pats are a great example of this. I've seen games where they throw it 60 times. I've seen games where they rarely throw.

Moore obviously is incredibly young. But he has promise.

Some coaches feel like they have to be balanced just for the sake of being balanced.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.