***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,827 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
jcbaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corner and safety aren't the same thing. Jets can ask Ramsey deal but they shouldn't get it.
jcbaggie04
AG
Also I would be surprised if Dallas paid market or overpaid on a deal for safety. The jones family has a long. History of not valuing that position.
Macarthur
Saint Pablo
Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

I'm all for upgrading at safety... but please keep in mind this guy has 2 career INT. I'm fully aware of how good he is... a guy that makes plays all over the field. But if they are asking for multiple 1st rounders, don't get pissed at the Cowboys if they aren't willing to pay it.

Yeah, there's lots of talk about a deal close to Ramsey, but he's a Corner. I think the Fitzpatrick deal might be more in line for Adams than the Ramsey deal.
You might be right. PIT gave a 1st, 5th, and 6th in exchange for Minkah, a 4th and 7th...basically Minkah for a 1 and two pick swaps, I would be totally fine with us doing a deal similar to that.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'd do a 1st and a 5th . And I'd throw in a conditional late rounder if he signs an extension or hits some performance markers. Dont think I'd go more than that.
Macarthur
Jets need OL help bad. I wonder if Connor McGovern could be a key piece in getting this done?

Maybe a 1, 4 and McGovern?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
This has the feel of one of those near deals that doesn't come to fruition
Saint Pablo
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

This has the feel of one of those near deals that doesn't come to fruition
Agreed
Macarthur
I'm thinking that too.
Saint Pablo
No Jamal
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jets were indeed asking a lot apparently. From their perspective why trade Adams for just a 1? Sends a horrible message to the team and fans.
Saint Pablo
Macarthur
Yeah, Albert Breer is reporting the request was just a shade less than Ramsey. Would love to have him, but you can't do two firsts for him. You can say what you want about the front office, but you can't say they don't have discipline. They held firm to what they thought he was worth and were willing to walk away.
Ag12thman
AG
I mean do the Cowboys really need Adams? I thought the safety position was doing okay so far.
jr15aggie
AG
Good deal. It was a win/lose proposition. The only way the deal would get done is if one of the teams decided to be the loser. Either the Jets would have to give him away for less than what they spent to draft him in the first place, or the Cowboys would have to overpay for a safety by leveraging the 2020 & 2021 drafts.

Somebody was gonna have to be desperate and neither team was.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Ag12thman said:

I mean do the Cowboys really need Adams? I thought the safety position was doing okay so far.

Meh. Heath is good for no less than a half dozen "why the **** is that slow ass white boy still on the field?!" every damn game. He's solid in run support but a total liability covering anyone
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
he's not slow he's just not very good.
Grapesoda2525
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Ag12thman said:

Meh. Heath is good for no less than a half dozen "why the **** is that slow ass white boy still on the field?!" every damn game. He's solid in run support but a total liability covering anyone
Bad in coverage

Bad football instincts

Tries to strip more than he actually tries to tackle people

He would be a good backup, but he has no business starting in the nfl. However.... he's managed to start here longer than I thought possible.
Saint Pablo
Jets put his name and LeVeon's name out there...prob not good for team morale to actively shop your two best players and then keep them both.
BassCowboy33
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Ag12thman said:

Heath ain't slow. Ask Saquon.
jcbaggie04
AG
Heath is not a back up. He's not a first teamer either. He's like a super backup. Guy who can start but you don't really want him to. Dallas doesn't need a new safety because of Jeff Heath. Dallas also wants a new safety because of Jeff Heath. Complicated? Yes. But worth a #1 and 2 #2's?? No way Jose.
Ag Natural
AG
I think Heath is fine as an in the box safety. Hes made several nice plays this year. Now that Woods stepped up as a good FS ot has allowed Heath to do what he does best.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
jtstanley4621
AG
So the more I think about it, the more I'm left with the thought that it might be better to just go and get Grant Delpit.

Assuming that he lives up to his billing, I think Delpit is going to be a STUD in the NFL. Trade up for him and you'd have Delpit plus one of either Woods or Wilson as our starting safeties, and Heath as a super backup. That seems like a pretty damn good safety trio. But then what if Adams decides to come to Dallas anyways after walking away from the Jets? That would give us the best safety tandem in the NFL.
jcbaggie04
AG
So basically just make sure you have an LSU safety some where on your team. Got it.
MooreTrucker
AG
jcbaggie04 said:

So basically just make sure you have an LSU safety some where on your team. Got it.
Can't hurt.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

So the more I think about it, the more I'm left with the thought that it might be better to just go and get Grant Delpit.

Assuming that he lives up to his billing, I think Delpit is going to be a STUD in the NFL. Trade up for him and you'd have Delpit plus one of either Woods or Wilson as our starting safeties, and Heath as a super backup. That seems like a pretty damn good safety trio. But then what if Adams decides to come to Dallas anyways after walking away from the Jets? That would give us the best safety tandem in the NFL.
Good idea.

Delpit is a beast and he would be young. Cowboys would have to make an effort to get him tho and they rarely put any effort or resources into the safety position. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
jtstanley4621
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Good idea.

Delpit is a beast and he would be young. Cowboys would have to make an effort to get him tho and they rarely put any effort or resources into the safety position. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Well, we went all in for Claiborne before. Didn't get the return you wanted but you can't be scared to make moves. Delpit is going to be a monster in the NFL. I think it would instantly upgrade the position, and then if you get Adams regardless the position goes over the moon.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Good idea.

Well, we went all in for Claiborne before. Didn't get the return you wanted but you can't be scared to make moves. Delpit is going to be a monster in the NFL. I think it would instantly upgrade the position, and then if you get Adams regardless the position goes over the moon.
Big difference is Claiborne was a cornerback. That position is actually valued by the cowboys.
jcbaggie04
AG
Exactly. Dallas pays for corners and drafts them. Not safety for some reason
bonfarr
AG
Xavier McKinney from Bama is the 2nd best safety prospect in the draft and he is likely to be available when the Cowboys pick in the 1st unless there is a run on safeties
Grapesoda2525
bonfarr said:

Xavier McKinney from Bama is the 2nd best safety prospect in the draft and he is likely to be available when the Cowboys pick in the 1st unless there is a run on safeties
Which means there probably will be a run on safeties.

I know at least half of the fan base is dying for it to happen, but there seems to be some kind of supernatural force keeping Heath as our starting safety. Everytime we try to acquire someone better, the other team asks for too much, the player wants too much money, or some other team goes crazy and overpays the guy.

I'm starting to think heath will be our starter for a very long time. We just can't seem to pull the trigger on actually replacing him.

jcbaggie04
AG
Yes and that breeds the old question of prospect vs known commodity. They could get the bama safety for a pick and a rookie contract which is much more palatable, but taking the young star safety from the jets is a no brainer as far as production at the league level. But his price tag was stupidly high.
jcbaggie04
AG
Jeff Heath from Saginaw valley state, might very well be the starting safety for Dallas for as long as Darren Woodson was. And that is puzzling to say the least.
bonfarr
AG
I think we take Albert O, the TE from Mizzou in the first round then a safety in rounds 2 or 3.
Macarthur
I like the idea of taking a TE high. I think Jarwin has a bright future and a high pick could create a ton of matchup problems with Zeke, Pollard, Jarwin, Cooper and a new high caliber TE.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.