*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,063 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Old Tom Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Basically didn't kick in preseason. Has to be injury related
Baby Billy
AG
PatAg said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Mentioned it a few weeks ago on here that we would have kicker problems. Once a guy gets the yips, they don't get it back. He had them at the end of last year

None of what you wrote is accurate.

We just cut one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history. But sure, you're right. He didn't lose it
jr15aggie
AG
Pignorant said:

Making too much money?

Making more room to pay ET
Carlo4
AG
Saved $3.4 million. That's why.

Signed a guy cut by the Browns.... let that sink in...
. . .
Cuts:
K Dan Bailey
WR Deonte Thompson
WR Lance Lenoir Jr.
WR Darren Carrington
WR MeKale McKay
WR K.D. Cannon
WR Dres Anderson
OL Kyle Bosch
OL Matt Diaz
OL Chaz Green
OL Damien Mama
OL Jacob Ohnesorge
OL Jake Campos
TE David Wells
RB Bo Scarbrough
RB Darius Jackson
RB Trey Williams
RB Jordan Chunn
CB Marquez White
CB Duke Thomas
CB Donovan Olumba
S Marqueston Huff
S Kam Kelly
S Jeron Johnson
S Dominick Sanders
LB Eric Pinkins
LB Tre'Von Johnson
LB Joel Lanning
LB Kyle Quiero
DL Kony Ealy
DL Lewis Neal
DL Austin Larkin
DL Charles Tapper
DL Jihad Ward
DL Caruan Reid
LS Scott Daly

chris1515
AG
Do the Cowboys only have 2 RBs on the roster? Zeke and Smith? Am I forgetting someone?
gigem1223
chris1515 said:

Do the Cowboys only have 2 RBs on the roster? Zeke and Smith? Am I forgetting someone?

Olawale
PooDoo
AG
Of course Gathers get arrested for weed Friday and makes the team.
Rossko
AG
gigem1223 said:

chris1515 said:

Olawale
I also think they're planning on Tavon for a handful of carries.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Anyone from other teams we might go after? Saw Giants cut a starting safety.
jr15aggie
AG
The RBs aren't surprising. Those guys are easy to find. Surprised by the Thompson cut though. And keeping Gathers is a head scratcher for many reasons.

Any update on Gregory's meeting?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jr15aggie said:

Any update on Gregory's meeting?

that's what we pay you for.
Kashchei
AG
Cowboys cut Bailey for a no name CFL journeyman?? Does Jerruh have full-blown dementia??
gigem1223
Weed or no weed, I don't think Gathers staying on the roster is head scratching at all. He's by far the best TE we have with ball skills and a beast in the Red zone.
Old Tom Morris
What's the cap situation? I know they still have 1/2 of Romo and are charging all of Dez this year, but still seems like they should have so much that saving a few pennies on Bailey makes no sense. I guess they just lost enough confidence to make the savings worth it. Hard to evaluate him since we saw him attempt 1 kick (which he made). Hadn't heard much about his camp.
Ag Natural
AG
The Raiders cut Connor Cook today. Interesting because that is the guy rumored to be the QB pick on the board if he fell to he Cowboys. The Raiders jumped up and broke Jerry's heart so we settled for Dak.

This team could have easily ended up with Cook or Paxton Lynch.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

What's the cap situation? I know they still have 1/2 of Romo and are charging all of Dez this year, but still seems like they should have so much that saving a few pennies on Bailey makes no sense. I guess they just lost enough confidence to make the savings worth it. Hard to evaluate him since we saw him attempt 1 kick (which he made). Hadn't heard much about his camp.
I could be wrong but I believe that starting in 2020 they have a ridiculous amount of cap room. At last check something like $70M and even more the year after. That's why I felt like they coulda been a bit more aggressive in FA by middle loading or back loading a deal or two.
Old Tom Morris
They definitely have a ton opening after this season. Just wasn't sure how tight this year is, because making a kicker a cap casualty is weird. I wish we'd seen more of Bailey to confirm if he just lost it.
duck79
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Old Tom Morris said:

I could be wrong but I believe that starting in 2020 they have a ridiculous amount of cap room. At last check something like $70M and even more the year after. That's why I felt like they coulda been a bit more aggressive in FA by middle loading or back loading a deal or two.

I feel like we have heard for years about the impending cap space in a year or two and Jerry always does something to screw it up
Grapesoda2525
Anyone else stoked to see Chaz green cut?

That Atlanta game still gives me nightmares.
Old Tom Morris
As long as Romo was around, they were unlikely to be in great shape. But that coming off afyer this year while Dak and Zeke are on rookie deals + having the yoingest roster (or one of) in the league is going to make it impossible not to have a lot of room for a year or two. The real key will be making the right decision with Dak/zeke in 2-3 years.
Old Tom Morris
Grapesoda2525 said:

Anyone else stoked to see Chaz green cut?

That Atlanta game still gives me nightmares.

Who isn't. No idea why he lasted this long
Señor Chang
AG
Cowboys traded Ryan Switzer for Jihad Ward, just to cut him.
jr15aggie
AG
Seor Chang said:

Cowboys traded Ryan Switzer for Jihad Ward, just to cut him.

Switzer didn't make sense after we got Tavon. But yeah, in general, we cut/traded several draft picks. You'd like to keep those guys.
Old Tom Morris
Oakland just gave swiitzer away to Pitt. Technically they traded a 6th with him and got a 5th back. So he was worth moving up 1 late round pick, i guess

Maybe he'll be a late bloomer ala amendola. But right now, he's just a bust of a pick.
jr15aggie
AG
Well, IMO he was the main reason we gave away the Rams game last year, so he did make an impact!

And yeah, I was there to witness that debacle.
expresswrittenconsent
I think the fact that the defense only forced a single punt and let them score the other 8 or 9 possessions was the bigger factor in that loss, but I hear ya.
jr15aggie
AG
As my kids say... Yeah, but he started it!
ac04
bailey accuracy by season:

2015 - 93.8%
2016 - 84.4%
2017 - 75.0%
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Wonder if they try to snag any of the recent cuts? Martavis Bryant and Connor Cook come to mind.
ac04
bryant is most likely about to get suspended again
Ag12thman
AG
Kashchei said:

Cowboys cut Bailey for a no name CFL journeyman?? Does Jerruh have full-blown dementia??
WTH? Just now seeing this after a great CFB Saturday. Is this accurate???? If so, who is going to be the kicker? I didn't catch any of the last two preseason games, by the way.
Mozart Paintings
AG
well it's going to be the guy who kicked in the last two preseason games. I don't even remember his name. He did hit a 57 yarder against the Texans, but I think this will be his first full season in the NFL. I could be wrong about that and am too lazy to look it up.
Macarthur
ac04 said:

bailey accuracy by season:

2015 - 93.8%
2016 - 84.4%
2017 - 75.0%
This and there's lots of rumors that his back is not right.
. . .
Claimed DB Ibraheim Campbell & C Adam Redmond off waivers.

(Giants waived QB Davis Webb & Broncos waived Paxton Lynch, FWIW.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.