*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,049 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope defense is still the focus for Round 2. I know they've done visits and workouts with DL Nathan Shepard...sounds like someone they like. Guessing he's the guy in the 2nd.
BassCowboy33
gigem1223 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

gigem1223 said:

If they didn't trade up a few spots to get James, they've gotta have this thing all but done with Seattle and ET I would think,

I've heard Dallas also likes Kyzir White from WVU. He will likely be available in the 4th. WIth Seattle, it's all about how much are you willing to give up for one year of Earl Thomas. I'm not sure Dallas can afford to offer him a 3-5 year deal of any substance.

I would think they could backload a 3-4 year deal with ET. They're gonna have a ton of cap room in the next few seasons
With Jerry Math, anything is possible.
BassCowboy33
Bad Dude said:

Hope defense is still the focus for Round 2. I know they've done visits and workouts with DL Nathan Shepard...sounds like someone they like. Guessing he's the guy in the 2nd.
Dallas really likes Shepherd. Apparently, he was dominating the Senior Bowl until he broke his hand.
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Bad Dude said:

Dallas really likes Shepherd. Apparently, he was dominating the Senio Bowl until he broke his hand.

I wouldn't think about him until late in the 4th.... the Cowboys have enough Canadians on their roster already.
Macarthur
PooDoo said:

Norm was saying this morning that Seattle's leverage might be waining. He said they might could get him for a third and fourth.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

PooDoo said:

Norm was saying this morning that Seattle's leverage might be waining. He said they might could get him for a third and fourth.
i would trade a 2018 3rd, and a 2019 4th for sure.

i wouldn't trade a 3rd and 4th in 2018 though.

i'd also be willing to give up way more later round picks this year in combination with this year's 3rd. so like 2018 3, 5, and 6. we have lotsa picks and ET is an immediate impact guy.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm totally ok with Dallas taking a good value OL in the 2nd round. I think some worry has to be setting in over Tyron Smiths back.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

i wouldn't trade a 3rd and 4th in 2018 though
I might, if they would accept our 4th round comp pick (we keep our original 4th). I don't like giving up a 4th next year because we'll only have 1 and we have no idea what we might need next year.

Quote:

I'm totally ok with Dallas taking a good value OL in the 2nd round. I think some worry has to be setting in over Tyron Smiths back.
Absolutely there is! The good news is that he claims he's feeling better than ever after his last procedure. Said it will be the first time in a few years he goes into camps not nursing his back. But yeah, it might not take much to knock it out of whack again.
Street_Cred_Norm
Welp, Witten possibly retiring is a bit of a shock.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Yep that changes things
bonfarr
AG
If Connor Williams is there at 50 I would be good with taking him
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
I drove bus said:

Street_Cred_Norm said:

Yep that changes things

Cowboys are high on Goedert, maybe we will be fortunate to have him fall to us
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Witten news kinda out of left field huh?
Mike Elko
AG
I remember reading he interviewed/auditioned for the MNF role and thought, "Huh, that's strange since his contract runs through 2021."

Welp...
bonfarr
AG
Witten needs to be on the sidelines coaching.
. . .
Not totally out of left field as he did audition but not the best timing either.

Stephen on 105.3:

Can you confirm Witten's decision to retire?

I can't. I'm not aware at this point. Jerry is getting ready to meet with him. Unaware of any decision made final. News to us but don't know anything about finality or anything of that nature.

With the recent restructure, are you caught off guard?

I wouldn't say caught off guard. You know these things can happen.

Would you like final word by the 2nd round tonight?

Won't get into discussions like that. Jason Witten is one of the greatest players to ever play for this franchise. Not gonna put a timeline on him.

Jerry:

I know you got some questions about Jason Witten. I'd like to address what those questions might have been to the extent we'll say anything at all. I've talked to Jason several times this week, met with him as late as a few hours ago, had great discussions. I'll keep details private forever. He has some things to think about & discuss with his family from a professional perspective. Those will require a few more days, through the weekend, no announcement today. With respect to Jason & his wishes, that's all we'll say the remainder of the weekend.
TMACsDaMan
Rico...your turn
Mike Elko
AG
Better stay healthy, Zeke... You're our entire offense for the foreseeable future. Little to no receiving threats on roster.

Edit: Typo.
jr15aggie
AG
Wonder if he wants to play, but this may be the only open window for his post football dream job.
Street_Cred_Norm
I agree with JR. Spots like this don't open very often. Same goes for Romo last year. Oh well, it was a good run for witten.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
BassCowboy33
Gesicki. They're going after Gesicki.
BassCowboy33
Don't be surprised if Dallas moves mountains to move up after him.
PooDoo
AG
Faster than Antonio Brown and Cooper Kupp

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000919121/Simulcam-Penn-State-TE-outruns-A-B-and-Kupp-in-40-yard-dash
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

Faster than Antonio Brown and Cooper Kupp

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000919121/Simulcam-Penn-State-TE-outruns-A-B-and-Kupp-in-40-yard-dash

He is the best tight end in this draft by quite a ways. An absolutely unreal receiver. Has a little bit of work to do in blocking, but so does almost every college tight end.
Bobcat06
AG
So can the 50 and 2 4ths jump to the top of the 2nd?
BassCowboy33
Bobcat06 said:

So can the 50 and 2 4ths jump to the top of the 2nd?

This is where scouting of teams comes in. You have to find out who could use a tight end, who would be willing to move back, and who might try and jump you for him. There's no guarantee that Gesicki goes early in Rd2. TE is such an unsexy position that players have a way of falling.
Bobcat06
AG
But now the entire NFL knows that the Cowboys need a TE. So even if the top of the draft isn't targeting a TE, any team that does knows to jump in front of the Cowboys.
Wabs
AG
Would like to see Kirk in the 2nd, Watts in the 3rd.
jtstanley4621
AG
If Kirk were sitting there within a few picks of their selection, do you think they would entertain trading up?

I suppose Sutton makes more sense from a size/player type perspective, but I'm less sold on him than I am Kirk.
bonfarr
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Rico...your turn

Lol he can hopefully provide depth. Blake Jarwin is who the coaches believe can take a major step forward.
bonfarr
AG
Wabs said:

Would like to see Kirk in the 2nd, Watts in the 3rd.

Don't want Watts he can be a liability in coverage.
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

TMACsDaMan said:

Rico...your turn

Lol he can hopefully provide depth. Blake Jarwin is who the coaches believe can take a major step forward.

Gaethers can do more than provide depth. He's a freak athlete thats a huge mismatch. He looked legit last preseason.
bonfarr
AG
gigem1223 said:

bonfarr said:

TMACsDaMan said:

Rico...your turn

Gaethers can do more than provide depth. He's a freak athlete thats a huge mismatch. He looked legit last preseason.

So legit the team placed him on the IR list for a preseason concussion? Maybe he can develop as a player but he is raw and has done nothing to date after 2 seasons in the NFL. So far he is just a fan favorite underwear hero.
gigem1223
No one is arguing that he's raw. But based on his limited action on the field, the kid has made plays. You don't have to be an ******* to get your point across. We're all die hard cowboys fans here. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours doesn't make them wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.