*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,082 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've watched every one of Vander Esche's games in college and he's not worth 19. I've seen all his high school tape too and I think he's worth like a 4th round pick at most. Watching every one of his reps at the combine also gave me a feeling that this dude has "bust" written all over him.

just kidding, i had never even heard of this dude until about a month ago.
Grapesoda2525
I wish there was a way for them to get roquan smith. Ugh

Keep in mind, every time Sean Lee gets dinged up the defense goes to ***** They need to fix that issue. Get more depth.

I hope the earl Thomas rumors are true. Last year. The starter at one of the safety positions was Sean heath. What a joke.

The safety position at dallas has been terrible since Woodson retired.
gigem1223
While I'm all for getting ET, I don't understand the hate for Heath? He'snot an all-pro, but he's a solid player who seems to have a nose for the football and was a late round pick. Hell, PFF has him rated as an above average safety.
BassCowboy33
Sorry I'm late to the party this year. The station has been nuts with the draft being in Dallas.

Basically, the Cowboys are looking at this:

1. If Vea or Smith fall to 19 (unlikely), that's who they'll take.

2. As already mentioned, they love Vander Esch, who is still growing into his frame despite already being enormous. The guy always seems to be in the right spot to make plays.

3. If all three are gone, all bets are off. The great fear is of course that Jerry takes a WR in the 1st. Sutton, Moore, etc. just aren't good values at that spot. Some think that Sutton will be available at #50. The feeling inside the media is that Dallas wants to avoid taking a receiver in the first two rounds, since this crop of WRs is exceedingly deep.

Forgive me if all this has been posted already, but I wanted to give a bit of the inside perspective.

Edit: Grammar
jr15aggie
AG
Stephen also mentioned specifically you don't expect WRs to come in and have a major contribution year one.

I think everyone believes it's time to get it done which has me thinking WR is not top priority round 1.
bonfarr
AG
No scouting references to VanderEsch being a gym rat or lunch pail guy? I am disappointed.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
PooDoo
AG
I hope Jerry gets Spaulding to search twitter and make sure Vander Esch never tweeted the N word.
MooreTrucker
AG
PooDoo said:

I hope Jerry gets Spaulding to search twitter and make sure Vander Esch never tweeted the N word.
It's just stupid what they're doing to Josh Allen.
jr15aggie
AG
What's sad is it's possible it's being done by teams that hope he falls so they can get him.

I LOVE draft day drama, it's so much fun, but this is a pathetic reach. Almost wish there were social rules that we all agreed to that said we aren't allowed to judge adults by their tweets when they were minors. My understanding is that he was 14/15 for the tweets in question. GTFO with that stuff! Really!?
MooreTrucker
AG
jr15aggie said:

What's sad is it's possible it's being done by teams that hope he falls so they can get him.

I LOVE draft day drama, it's so much fun, but this is a pathetic reach. Almost wish there were social rules that we all agreed to that said we aren't allowed to judge adults by their tweets when they were minors. My understanding is that he was 14/15 for the tweets in question. GTFO with that stuff! Really!?
That's what I heard too. In high school, tweeting song lyrics. Because that's what high schoolers do these days.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Having to defend tweeting song lyrics at age 15.

I hate this idiocracy we live in now where the social media mobs need to burn someone to feel better about their pathetic lives.

Here's a tip - when you're examining someone that is 21 years old and you find yourself digging through Twitter (or other social media) from 6 years ago to find dirt -> go get a gun, make sure it's loaded, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger. And make sure it's the barrel end that is in your mouth, dumbass.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

-> go get a gun, make sure it's loaded, put it in your mouth, and pull the trigger...

jr15aggie
PooDoo
AG
PFF has him as the #2 LB
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Well, we get to tackle Barkley. At least they didn't draft a QB and hit a home run. Eli is not very good anymore. I'm ok with it.
TyHolden
AG
Jerrah trading up to take Rosen...
bonfarr
AG
Hopefully there will be a run on the crappy WRs so Vea, Payne, the Florida DT, or Rashaan Evans falls to us at 19.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of great players still in play. Loving this right now
Grapesoda2525
Would've liked smith or Fitzpatrick in a cowboys jersey.

But #19 is a crappy pick. Everyone could still be picked over by the time we get to the podium
bonfarr
AG
Derwin James, Rashaan Evans, or LVE. Hopefully James falls to us.
PooDoo
AG
Probably should've jumped for James.
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

Probably should've jumped for James.

Not if they have ET in the bag already.
bonfarr
AG
Damn who does GB want, hopefully they take Ridley or Moore here.
Street_Cred_Norm
Still pissed they won that Eagles game. What a waste of 4 spots.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
PooDoo
AG
I think Dt from Florida and Malek Collins are the same animal. The short DE is still there.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Feels like it might be Ridley...?
bonfarr
AG
Evans...
PooDoo
AG
LVE
MooreTrucker
AG
PooDoo said:

LVE
I'll take that.
PatAg
AG
As much as I like Ridley, im glad we didnt waste a 1st on WR
bonfarr
AG
Will Kirk be available to us in the 2nd round now that Moore and Ridley are still on the board?
jr15aggie
AG
WR can wait... We could not line up with the LB we currently had. This was absolutely the biggest need and we got a guy that some say will be an all pro. We'll see. At the very least we got a starter... Hopefully he's a good starter right away.

jr15aggie
AG
bonfarr said:

Will Kirk be available to us in the 2nd round now that Moore and Ridley are still on the board?

I think he will. Not convinced WR will be a 2nd round priority, but I think he'll be in play
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Provided the Cowboys don't trade their 2nd for ET

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.