*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,070 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They said guard on purpose... Dallas sent it in that way. We just got our answer for the online and our free agents are the solid back ups. No argument here, we made sure our strength remains our strength.

Good pick.
bonfarr
AG
Let's hope Jerry played hard ball and gave Seattle a 3rd instead of a 2nd
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Street_Cred_Norm
Love the emotion.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
Saint Pablo
Are we confident with Allen Hurns as a WR1?
BassCowboy33
Saint Pablo said:

When healthy, he's a 1,000 yard receiver. The question is if he can stay healthy.
TyHolden
AG
Saint Pablo said:

with a healthy ol and Elliott, hells yes
BassCowboy33
Make no mistake, Dallas drafted Williams solely on his 2016. When he wasn't injured this past year, he was downright terrible, looking slow and pudgy. Teams picked on him constantly late in the year.
jtstanley4621
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Personally I am not. I felt like he was a high tier WR2. Still kinda scared as to what the passing attack will look like this coming season
bonfarr
AG
Over the last 3 years Hurns has had basically the same production as Dez. If Witten retires though we would have to replace all of that production as well. We need a monster year from Zeke with Dak being efficient with the weapons he has.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Street_Cred_Norm
BassCowboy33 said:

Make no mistake, Dallas drafted Williams solely on his 2016. When he wasn't injured this past year, he was downright terrible, looking slow and pudgy. Teams picked on him constantly late in the year.

As someone who has watched every game he played in, was never right last season. Hopefully he is completely healthy and can be the player he was. Having all pros at every other position on the line should also be a huge benefit.
bonfarr
AG
If he is there in the 3rd look for Dallas to take DT Nathan Shepherd.
jr15aggie
AG
Chark (WR LSU) might be a great pick in the 3rd if he lasts. Not a #1, but he's got the speed we need!

But part of me feels like they just aren't in a hurry to get a WR. I think they get ok here and are looking to build the roster in other ways.
Saint Pablo
jtstanley4621 said:

Saint Pablo said:

Personally I am not. I felt like he was a high tier WR2. Still kinda scared as to what the passing attack will look like this coming season
That is the way that I see it right now. I feel like he would have been excited to have him as a WR2, but not so much at WR1
Ag Natural
AG
I never followed tu that closely. But looking at Williams he's a great looking specimen. Big and lean. Plus he's only 20. Our OL just became beastly again.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Shiuld be a quality guard. Collins stays at T, and now they have signed a backup tackle not named Chaz. OL should take a quality step forward after a step back last year. 2 steps forward, actually
EllisCoAg
AG
I got a good friend who is Williams uncle, Williams hated Herman and didn't trust the coaching staff
jr15aggie
AG
Williams is barely at the acceptable numbers for a tackle in terms of arm length and a few other measurables. That's why he was passed over as an OT, he didn't stand out next to a tape measure. But as a guard he projects very well. A lot of scouts Love this guy.
Street_Cred_Norm
Not a big surprise. Connor was a Charlie Strong player to the bone. He's got some serious talent and hopefully will be coached up and reach the potential most see for him.
Amazing Moves
gigem1223 said:

Amazing Moves said:

They screwed up by not moving up to take one of the guards. You need Flemming to remain a swing tackle.

Egg on face
Yep. I'll take it. Great choice.
Galborathelion
Didn't expect oline in the 2nd, but I do like it. We may have the most run heavy offense in the league next year, and I'm just fine with that. I wouldn't even be shocked to see a RB get drafted in the 4th or 5th considering the talent depth in the draft this year. Give Zeke a guy to share the carries with.
jr15aggie
AG
We're definitely getting a RB. 4th round is a high probability.
jr15aggie
AG
Run on WRs now. Dang.
BassCowboy33
Saint Pablo said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Saint Pablo said:

That is the way that I see it right now. I feel like he would have been excited to have him as a WR2, but not so much at WR1

Dallas hasnt had a WR1 in years.
Grapesoda2525
I'm skeptical that the earl Thomas trade is happening.

That sucks. I was hoping for it.

Hopefully we get him next year as a free agent. It's been awhile since we've had a bad ass at safety.
gigem1223
I'd seriously be considering trading up for Reid now.
Ag12thman
AG
Dallas needed D much worse there than another offensive anything, IMO.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

I'd seriously be considering trading up for Reid now.

Yep, he'd be a good one. Definitely a need.
jr15aggie
AG
Love seeing all these oline guys and CBs getting drafted... At this point, do not want, so you other teams go get em!
Ag Natural
AG
I am starting to wonder if Watts is a fit for the Cowboys. The dude is a real playmaker.
bonfarr
AG
Lots of safeties taken ahead of Armani Watts.
Ag Natural
AG
bonfarr said:

Lots of safeties taken ahead of Armani Watts.

As expected. He's a little small and had an up and down career. But we know he is a natural leader and playmaker. Started for us from day one and ended several games in his career. With good coaching what could he do?
gigem1223
Why is Harrison dropping?
jr15aggie
AG
Really surprised Dallas didn't move up for "their guy". But so far they've gotten "their guy" in the 1st & 2nd. And with Witten's news, I guess they technically need more picks than we thought they did coming in. Those two 4th rounders might come in handy.
gigem1223
Ian Thomas at 81?
OasisMan
AG
gigem1223 said:

Why is Harrison dropping?
wondering that too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.