*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,122 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If he's not reasonable and won't sign a long term deal before the season starts they need to trade him.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

Jerry Jones on Dak Prescott: "He's going to get his extraordinary contract," but we have to take advantage of where his contract is right now
Sure its just owner speak but Dak is a long ways from proving he deserves an "extraordinary contract" right now.
jr15aggie
AG
Heard that D-Law has signed is franchise tag (but they have a couple months to still negotiate a new deal). That's good news that this isn't going to be one of those drama filled franchise tags.
Street_Cred_Norm
We go defense with the first two picks imo. I honestly think if Rico Geathers can stay healthy, he's the tight end of the future.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
PooDoo
AG
Rossko
AG
Michael Bennett traded to a city where he fits in nicely, Philadelphia. Just adds another reason to root against them.
. . .
Benson Mayowa & Joe Vellano released.
gigem1223
Ogletree and a 7th to the Giants for a 4th and 6th? I don't like that for the Cowboys.
Rossko
AG
If the Giants get Saquon that offense will be scary.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Eagles and Giants making moves. Cowboys not likely to add anyone significant once again. They are unable to see that they have Dak and Zeke on very friendly rookie deals and this is the time to add some firepower to the team. Not sit on their asses. By the time this team has heavy money to spend, both will be looking at new deals in Dallas or elsewhere.

Also, this team has overvalued late round picks for too long. Like other teams they should be looking to move some of those picks in exchange for proven playmaking veterans. If they aren't going to sign them in FA, at least trade for em.

Very frustrating.
Southlake
Bennett with the Eagles D Line rotation could be fairly problematic. He might not be a Force by himself, but with that defense, he couldn't be double teamed. Bought in just to counter Zeke and possibly Saquon.
jr15aggie
AG
Goes back to the Cowboys not having any cap space for what seems like the entire 21st century!!!!

Every team has high priced players, yet it seems like every other team always has some money to spend. I know after this year we'll be free of a large chunk of dead money created by Romo & Thornton... of course, we'll probably find some other dead weight making too much money to get rid of next year creating more dead money and an empty roster spot!

Sigh... this time last year we felt like we were "this" close.
Southlake
Yup. Weakest part of the Cowboys isn't the owner, it's the GM...
PooDoo
AG
I'm jealous of that nerd Philly has at GM.
jr15aggie
AG
So Beckham is on video with a blunt, next to a pizza, next to a chick with coke... still won't get suspended as long as Zeke.
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie said:

So Beckham is on video with a blunt, next to a pizza, next to a chick with coke... still won't get suspended as long as Zeke.

Nor should he under the rules
PooDoo
AG
The rule that Goodell makes the rules?
BMX Bandit
The ones the players agreed to
alvtimes
...... still waiting on Winston to get his 6 games for assaulting the Uber driver
PooDoo
AG
Listening Stephen Jones is getting more and more annoying. Almost as annoying as their lack of activity in the off season.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
PooDoo said:

Listening Stephen Jones is getting more and more annoying. Almost as annoying as their lack of activity in the off season.
build through the draft, don't overpay, be patient, blah blah blah.

same things we hear every year outa him.

really just hoping Jimbo takes the Ags to such a level that its not even that important to me anymore if the Cowboys do well or not.
. . .
jr15aggie
AG
A trade might be possible because Scandrick's current contract is pretty friendly considering the cost of free agent CBs. A team that really needs a CB might give something for him instead of letting him hit the open market.
. . .
jr15aggie
AG
Good for Hitchens! I was impressed with him day 1. I don't think the Cowboys did him any favors moving him around as much as they did. He's a really good LB. Glad the Cowboys aren't paying him 9 mil per year though!
Sheesh!
PooDoo
AG
Word from Ben & Skin:
Cowboys made a run at Sammy Watkins and were planning to cut Dez.
Plan on Zach Martin to get $14/year from someone.
BMX Bandit
I was hoping Cowboys would make a run at Watkins. But not for what Chiefs signed him for. They paid too much
Macarthur
FA $ being thrown around is insane.
Macarthur
PooDoo said:

Word from Ben & Skin:
Love Zach like a I do, I just can't fathom paying $14m a year to a guard.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
PooDoo said:

Word from Ben & Skin:
Are they thinking the Cowboys wont do it?
PooDoo
AG
They say guard is the bottom of the hierarchy chart in Stephen's eyes.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

They say guard is the bottom of the hierarchy chart in Stephen's eyes.
As it should be! I love Zach Martin too, but friggin A, $14 mil per season when you have a cap to consider! The salary cap really sucks from a fans perspective... hard to root for these guys when you know more than half of the roster will go somewhere else when it's new contract time.

What is really frustrating is every year the bottom feeders mess it up for everybody. They gutted their roster and are now overpaying for free agents because they have this temporary wealth of available cap space. So they give out mega-deals that aren't deserved and it just drives up the price for everybody else. Every year there are a couple new bottom feeders with gutted rosters ready to repeat the process all over again.
PooDoo
AG
If we let Lawrence and Martin walk for nothing... I give up.

Are proactive moves from our front office too much to ask?

Geez!
jr15aggie
AG
Don't worry, from what I hear Martin isn't going anywhere. And if Lawrence has another big year look for his return too.
PooDoo
AG
I don't mind if they are gone, I just don't want them to be gone for nothing.

We really are lucky David Irving is such an enigma. At least we'll get a pick in return for him.

The Spags and Broaddus were talking about the Cowboys 10 picks in this years draft. They expect to see the Cowboys making moves this year because "10 rookies aren't going to be able to make this team".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.