*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,099 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never heard of Resting Drunk Face
Southlake
"Dude, gimme a few Aleves!

Never been a big fan of T Will. Reminds me too much of a Patrick Crayton. Can't trust him to make a big play.
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

"Dude, gimme a few Aleves!

Never been a big fan of T Will. Reminds me too much of a Patrick Crayton. Can't trust him to make a big play.

Ahem!

ac04
terrance williams is baylor.
Macarthur
The problem with TWill has been that he will occasionally make a jaw dropping play, but then can't make the routine stuff and is pretty inconsistent.

Does anyone do analysis in the NFL similar to replacement level in MLB? I get the feeling he would be incredibly average and highly replaceable.

However, I did see this weekend that his contract would be prohibitive to cut him.
jr15aggie
AG
I posted the above video, but I agree with most... he is definitely somebody you can do without and his contract doesn't force our hand either.

However, I don't think most Cowboy fans (especially us Aggies) give him enough credit sometimes. Seems like in recent years he was at his best when Dez was hurt. Not saying Dez was the problem, but it's hard to be that guy who barely gets a look in one game and then the very next week you are needing him to make 5+ catches.

We'll see how he fits into this WR committee we got going on. I have a feeling we might see him have one of his better statistical seasons. One thing I can appreciate, he plays hard and is always down field blocking on running plays. I think these other guys will have a tough time taking his roster spot.
bonfarr
AG
Ag Natural said:

Well, seeing as how TWill's story is full of easily verifiable information. We will see if he's lying or not.

What does it matter what his story is since all he was cited for was a PI? Yeah most likely he was driving drunk but he wasn't charged with that because the DA could never prove it since he went home. He coulf just say he was upset at wrecking his $250k car so he drank a bottle of whiskey.

A PI is no big deal.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Southlake
Didn't T Will help us lose a game last year when he couldn't get out of bounds?
Tressels Vest
AG
He helped lose a couple games. Thought he dropped a clear td or first down near the end of the game too.
Ag12thman
AG
Yep - I have wanted him off the team for a while now. Not a fan. Like someone said, he's just got Baylor written all over him.
jr15aggie
AG
I definitely wouldn't be opposed to starting over at WR... got Beasley running the slot and open tryouts for the rest. Hurns, Gallop, etc... let's go boys.

But T-Will has a lot of experience in this offense. Those other guys are going to have to play well to force him off the team.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Wrong forum
PooDoo
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Haven't seen anyone discussing AVEO. It finally flew again today for 10%. Is this a technical breakout again after accumulation or what? I couldn't find any news on it

His name is spelled TAVON and yes, he can fly.
Southlake
And Craytons drop still haunts me...
PooDoo
AG
Southlake said:

And Craytons drop still haunts me...
Don't forget this one.

Or this one... in the same game
Mozart Paintings
AG
Oh crap..... i forget about that play. That was a TD all the way if he doesn't hesitate.
jr15aggie
AG
I drove bus said:

Oh crap..... i forget about that play. That was a TD all the way if he doesn't hesitate.

I think I mentally blocked that one. The drop was bad enough!

This whole game just sucks! All the talk about how Romo never could win the big one. Friggin A, the Giants beat what was possibly the best team and QB of all time 3 weeks later. Romo had them beat! That 3rd down play was a thing of beauty! One of the greatest plays in Cowboys history if what... If Craytyon simply catches the ball and takes it to the house!

Pretty sure no play will ever haunt me the way that play does. I was a Patrick Craytyon fan... He was a good player for us, but screw that guy... Worst play in Cowboys history as far as I'm concerned. How the hell did he drop that ball!!!
Grapesoda2525
Patrick Crayton was a turd.

He talked a big game and acted like a big shot, but in big moments he always fizzled out.

Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

I drove bus said:

I think I mentally blocked that one. The drop was bad enough!

This whole game just sucks! All the talk about how Romo never could win the big one. Friggin A, the Giants beat what was possibly the best team and QB of all time 3 weeks later. Romo had them beat! That 3rd down play was a thing of beauty! One of the greatest plays in Cowboys history if what... If Craytyon simply catches the ball and takes it to the house!

Pretty sure no play will ever haunt me the way that play does. I was a Patrick Craytyon fan... He was a good player for us, but screw that guy... Worst play in Cowboys history as far as I'm concerned. How the hell did he drop that ball!!!
In hindsight, I'm not as disappointed about that loss as you are. Granted, I was devastated at the time when we lost.

Do you really think the cowboys would've beat both Green Bay and the patriots?

I'm skeptical. Very skeptical. I seem to recall New England dominating us that year. Watching that patriots team and Belichick go down in the super bowl was amazing. That patriots team was so overcomfident and arrogant, it was easy to hate them. I enjoyed every second of it.
jr15aggie
AG
Definitely would have beaten GB... Not sure about the Patriots. And yeah, them not getting the perfect season was a consolation prize.

They did beat us in the regular season, but damn we had a good team that year. Would have been a heck of a super bowl as a Cowboys fan.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Definitely would have beaten GB... Not sure about the Patriots. And yeah, them not getting the perfect season was a consolation prize.

They did beat us in the regular season, but damn we had a good team that year. Would have been a heck of a super bowl as a Cowboys fan.
I don't see it.

From what I remember, the game was in dallas and the patriots just spread us out and picked us apart with the pass.

We had some mediocre cornerbacks who had bad ankles / extensive injury histories. I'm convinced that the pats would've done the same thing in the super bowl and embarrassed us. The giants winning the super bowl definitely took some sting out of the loss because there were a lot of unlikeable people on that patriots team.
Bobcat06
AG
How can a Cowboy fan root for our rival to win the Superbowl?
Grapesoda2525
Bobcat06 said:

That 2007 patriots team was the darling of the media. Everyone talked about how great they were all year and how they were going to go down in history. Most Americans like rooting for the under dog and it was fulfilling to watch that team get their " come uppance". It was a unique set of circumstances. It happened a long time ago. I rooted for the patriots in the last super bowl against philly, but it didn't work out.
Bobcat06
AG
Did you also root for texas to beat USC?
PatAg
AG
Bobcat06 said:

You wouldn't be a real cowboys fan if you did.
Grapesoda2525
I didn't watch the game, but I hear that if I have LHN I could watch it at least 10x a week.
ac04
Bobcat06 said:

about $1200 on the giants ML if i remember correctly
Grapesoda2525
You guys are crazy sometimes.

That 2007 patriots team was the most arrogant, douchiest, azz hole team in the history of the nfl. Belichick was running up the score on people like 60-7. The only reason he was doing it was because of spygate, where a former assistant got him busted for cheating. The team had cowboy killer randy moss and former red raider Wes Welker.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Did you also root for texas to beat USC?
Yep, for that exact same reason.

And now years later, it's all they have and the source of much delusion and the following tears.
jtstanley4621
AG
I think the thing that's so annoying is Eli Manning is essentially a sure-fire HOFer based mostly off of two hot postseasons. He has been exceedingly mediocre otherwise, especially these last few years. I'm gonna roll my eyes big time when he gets in.

If there's an opinion I will die on a hill for, it's that Tony Romo was a better QB than Eli Manning.
jr15aggie
AG
I think you'll get a lot of arguments against Eli being a HOF'er... on this message board as well as the voters themselves. I think a lot of people recognize he was a very middle of the road QB for much of his career.
jtstanley4621
AG
jr15aggie said:

I think you'll get a lot of arguments against Eli being a HOF'er... on this message board as well as the voters themselves. I think a lot of people recognize he was a very middle of the road QB for much of his career.
But he's got two rings, several pro bowls and the last name Manning. I don't think he'll have trouble getting in which is quite stupid. I hate the "super bowl rings trump everything" stupidity when it comes to QBs.
ac04
nm, misread
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

But he's got two rings, several pro bowls and the last name Manning. I don't think he'll have trouble getting in which is quite stupid. I hate the "super bowl rings trump everything" stupidity when it comes to QBs.
And a career 83.5 passer rating in an era where "good" is defined above 90 and the really good QBs are over 100. He's well below the mark!

I don't disagree with any of the good stuff and he very well might get in... but I've heard plenty of real football people talk and they acknowledge that, yes, he had a few good years and a couple great hot streaks in the playoffs, but so much of his career was just average that it can't be overlooked.
expresswrittenconsent
he's from the biggest media market in the country, and has 2 rings. he could throw INTs on his next 30 consecutive passes before being run out of the league and he would still be a HOF lock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.