*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,110 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6-12 month recovery.
BassCowboy33

The interior online is suddenly looking very worrisome.
PatAg
AG
That auto immune disease sounds like a bull**** think they made up when they cant determine what is wrong with someone.
BassCowboy33
PatAg said:

That auto immune disease sounds like a bull**** think they made up when they cant determine what is wrong with someone.

I just had a hospital administrator tell me this is no joke. It can apparently be quite debilitating.
Rossko
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

PatAg said:

I just had a hospital administrator tell me this is no joke. It can apparently be quite debilitating.
7.5% mortality rate doesn't sound like bull**** to me.
Mozart Paintings
AG
PatAg said:

PooDoo
AG
Better than the 100% mortality rate after birth.
BMX Bandit
PatAg said:

Dumb
ac04
ramblin_ag02
AG
Recovery could be anywhere from weeks to over a year. Just depends on how bad it is. It's usually a type of paralysis thay starts at the feet and works it's way up. Best case scenario he has weakness in his feet and legs that resolves quickly without much muscle loss. Worst case his entire body is paralyzed and he spends weeks on a ventilator and needs a year to recover and get back strength from muscle loss. It's good they caught it early, because it's very hard to catch early. Gotta hope for the best for him
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fasthorse05
What is Guillain-Barr syndrome?
Guillain-Barr syndrome (GBS) is a rare neurological disorder in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks part of its peripheral nervous systemthe network of nerves located outside of the brain and spinal cord. GBS can range from a very mild case with brief weakness to nearly devastating paralysis, leaving the person unable to breathe independently. Fortunately, most people eventually recover from even the most severe cases of GBS. After recovery, some people will continue to have some degree of weakness.
Guillain-Barr syndrome can affect anyone. It can strike at any age (although it is more frequent in adults and older people) and both sexes are equally prone to the disorder. GBS is estimated to affect about one person in 100,000 each year.

Here ya go! I'm not as wise as PatAg, but i know GBS is horrible.

IF Frederick plays with this, at the highest level of sports, it will be somewhat of a miracle.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Baby Billy
AG
Fccckkkkkkkkk!!!!
expresswrittenconsent
PatAg said:

Tell us more
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wow huge blow.

Glad they got to the bottom of it though. Scary situation.
duck79
AG
I came down with this about 7 years ago. My wife and I were driving from Dallas to Houston and we stopped to get gas. When I got out to pump my arm had been feeling strange but all of a sudden I didn't have the strength to push the handle with me left hand. It almost felt like my arm was permanently asleep. I went thru some rehab and luckily my strength slowly came back over a few weeks but it was very scary. The doctors were extremely worried about it's continued progress and I had to constantly do balance tests to track myself.
JAggie2007
AG
duck79 said:

I came down with this about 7 years ago. My wife and I were driving from Dallas to Houston and we stopped to get gas. When I got out to pump my arm had been feeling strange but all of a sudden I didn't have the strength to push the handle with me left hand. It almost felt like my arm was permanently asleep. I went thru some rehab and luckily my strength slowly came back over a few weeks but it was very scary. The doctors were extremely worried about it's continued progress and I had to constantly do balance tests to track myself.
PatAg assured us that this is just BS so why should we believe you? /sarcasm

In all seriousness glad you came out of it alright and hope you continue doing well.
duck79
AG
Thanks. It was basically described as my body was attacking itself.
Old Tom Morris
The son of one of my employees has been dealing with this for the past 7-8 months. College bball player, and it cost him all but the very beginning of last season and this one is very uncertain too.
PatAg
AG
I said it sounds like, not is. Jesus christ there are a lot of idiots on here. Can't wait to read every game thread where people overreact when something good happens, and jump off buildings when something bad happens. Somehow it's tony romo's fault.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Calling everyone on this thread an idiot sounds like a bull**** think you made up when you can't determine what a stupid post you had.
The Collective
AG
PatAg said:

Jesus christ there are a lot of idiots on here.

expresswrittenconsent
Poor Patty Cakes getting his teeth kicked in again and again and always asking for more.
PooDoo
AG
The good news about losing Fredrick is that Looney is better than Phil Costa.
gigem1223
At training camp today and the defense is absolutely destroying the offense.
Ag12thman
AG
gigem1223 said:

So is the D that much better or is the O that much worse (especially with injuries along the OL)???
gigem1223
Ag12thman said:

gigem1223 said:

So is the D that much better or is the O that much worse (especially with injuries along the OL)???

A little of both. Jaylon smith is all over the place blowing plays up. WRs arent getting much separation. Gathers and Gallup have been impressive and made some plays though.
PatAg
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Poor Patty Cakes getting his teeth kicked in again and again and always asking for more.
I bet you also use the term snowflake.
gigem1223
If Gathers doesn't make this team I'll be severely disappointed. He's a mismatch in the RedZone and the only TE with good ball skills. He made another play today, similar to the catch he had last game. Very strong hands.
98Ag99Grad
AG
gigem1223 said:

If Gathers doesn't make this team I'll be severely disappointed. He's a mismatch in the RedZone and the only TE with good ball skills. He made another play today, similar to the catch he had last game. Very strong hands.
what's been the knock on him? route running?
gigem1223
98Ag99Grad said:

gigem1223 said:

I think it's the mental part of the game that comes with experience. IE understanding the scheme, blitzes etc. I watched him all practice. IMO he is by far the best option at TE. None of the others do anything particularly well. Gathers, on the other hand, continues to get separation and make great catches. With the lack of playmakers in WR group, he's a great tool to have in the redzone.
jr15aggie
AG
Caller had a great point earlier (Talking Cowboys) that I hadn't thought about regarding Earl Thomas. This assumes Seattle is only asking for a 2nd round pick...

The Cowboys have spent so many picks in the 2nd round just hoping it works out... Gregory, Jaylon, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, etc. Even if Jaylon is the man this year, we lost 2 full seasons with that 2nd rounder. Gregory is still a huge ? and Carter is currently out of football.

Why the hell are they, all of a sudden, so cautious with their 2nd rounder? He also made a good point that we gave away our 2nd & 1st to move up for Claiborne a few years ago too. But yet we won't do it for a guy that is proven to be elite.
Old Tom Morris
The difference is that strategy involves taking a risk with the hope of a big, long-term payoff. This is a 16 game draft pick. I think some of the risks they've taken are dumb, but regardless, this is a short-term payoff and done. And I'm not confident the team is in position to take advantage of it in 2018.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

gigem1223 said:

I think it's the mental part of the game that comes with experience. IE understanding the scheme, blitzes etc. I watched him all practice. IMO he is by far the best option at TE. None of the others do anything particularly well. Gathers, on the other hand, continues to get separation and make great catches. With the lack of playmakers in WR group, he's a great tool to have in the redzone.

Gathers is poor in blocking and questionable in his assignments. But yeah, in terms of playmaking ability he's well above the others. The real problem is Schultz (so I'm told) hasn't looked good in camp. Draft picks get the benefit of the doubt usually, but I'm not so sure here.

Perhaps Gathers makes it simply because the group as a whole just isn't impressive and they might as well take a shot.
bonfarr
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

gigem1223 said:

Blocking. Jerry says he is physical enough to block but he doesn't often block the right guy.
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

98Ag99Grad said:

gigem1223 said:

Blocking. Jerry says he is physical enough to block but he doesn't often block the right guy.

He picked blocks just fine at practice today. Picked up a blitz on one occasion. My problem is the other TEs aren't great blockers either, and they also aren't great passing threats. Id personally keep him on the roster for mismatches in the redzone and 3rd and longs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.