*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,105 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Malik goes in the 3rd... good for him and yet screw that guy at the same time. Nice special teams pick Cincy!
birdman
Hope that get the biggest d-lineman available.
BassCowboy33
Gallup
bonfarr
AG
Guess the Thomas trade isn't happening. Oh well, let's see if he is willing to play out a 1 year contract.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
MountainAg99
AG
Gallup!!
birdman
Wide receiver from Colorado State. I think that's a solid pick. Nothing flashy, but ought to fit in well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Greg Abbott in the war room. This thing is really rolling now.
jr15aggie
AG
Sorry to be a sunshine pumper... but I really like this pick too! I've heard a lot about this guy in recent weeks, so taking their word for it, this is solid!
Street_Cred_Norm
bonfarr said:

Guess the Thomas trade isn't happening. Oh well, let's see if he is willing to play out a 1 year contract.

Depends on how bad Seattle wants something for him as it could always be a 2nd or third in next year's draft.
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Very nice pick. The kid can play. Best pick they've made so far IMO (not that I dont like the first 2)
bonfarr
AG
Biletnikoff finalist and All American WR.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
If you want a description of Gallup and the reason why Dez isn't on the team anymore... solid route runner and gets separation and presents a good target. He's not dynamic, he's dependable. It's exactly the type of WR we are going with right now and a lot of things that Dez was not.
MountainAg99
AG
They have hit needs in every round keeping the powder dry for tomorrow. Vander Esch, Williams, and Gallup is a solid haul.
GrapevineAg
AG
I'm pumped about Gallup. Got to see him in person last season, and he can play.
gigem1223
Hoping Ian Thomas drops to us in the 4th
jr15aggie
AG
Posted in the other thread... the war room is active and the defensive coaches are involved. They are looking at moving for somebody!
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

Posted in the other thread... the war room is active and the defensive coaches are involved. They are looking at moving for somebody!

I hope it's Shaquiem Griffin.
jr15aggie
AG
Word is... they were wanting to move up for the Safety from Southern Miss. San Fran cock blocked them apparently and traded with NE and stole him.

I'm hearing it would have cost us both 4ths and our 5th to move up that high. May not be a bad thing that it didn't work out. But let's not get the fans saying Dallas was dumb for not trading... they tried.
MountainAg99
AG
I would love it if they could get Tim Settle and Ian Thomas in the 4th round.
txjortsagent
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Ummm
gigem1223
In the 4th I'd be good with 2 of Watts, Thomas, Elliott or Griffin.
gigem1223
So if my math is correct (not great at the cap math), Witten retiring frees up about $3M in cap space? Giving us about $15M?
Amazing Moves
DannyDuberstein said:

Very nice pick. The kid can play. Best pick they've made so far IMO (not that I dont like the first 2)
Agreed. He was physically dominant the last 2 years at Colorado St. Watched him a lot. He would take over games. I don't understand how he is not a top 3 receiver with everything he brings to the table.
bonfarr
AG
I want Equanimious St. Brown just because his name is awesome.
PooDoo
AG
geno said:

I got a good friend who is Williams uncle, Williams hated Herman and didn't trust the coaching staff

Seems like a solid kid. Pretty inspirational story.

MountainAg99
AG
Time to make a splash today and find more guys like Dak, Xavier.....and maybe Seattle gives up ET for something less than everybody expected.

Once it's all done, Jerry needs to pay some money for the UDFA specials!
jr15aggie
AG
Amazing Moves said:

I don't understand how he is not a top 3 receiver with everything he brings to the table.

He was for some people. The guys I listen to, some of them had him as the #3 WR behind Moore and Ridley.

We've been hearing for weeks that the Cowboys didn't have to go WR #1... That they could get immediate help later on. Well, it definitely worked out that way for us.
BMX Bandit
I'd like to take a shot with Antonio Gates. He's not going to be a star, but should be able to give you the big catch when needed. Address long term TE next year.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Bad Dude said:

Maurice Hurst with this pick?

Hurst has medical flags big time. Off many teams boards
Obviously some teams are concerned but norm said he has medical clearance. His issue is his heart, I think.

He could be a huge steal if he's right.
Macarthur
Tim settles is an interesting name and I think Sweat would be a steal in the 4th.
MooreTrucker
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

You did that.

I see it.
PooDoo
AG
Finishing episode 1 on All In on Amazon.

Dez is already showing up Dooley in a meeting for praising the Broncos D and not praising him and the WRs enough.

Also, Elliott looks like he has his eyes closed during the team meetings.
DannyDuberstein
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I'd like to take a shot with Antonio Gates. He's not going to be a star, but should be able to give you the big catch when needed. Address long term TE next year.

Agree wjth this. A veteran that knows the trade, would pick things up quickly, and probably wouldn't be that far off of what Witten would be in 2018. Could be a settling presence for Dak too. I'd expect Witten to catch 45-50 balls for 450 yards at this age. Gates could do most of that.
Macarthur
Fisher tweeted today that hurst is on the cowboys board
. . .
With the two fourths,

4-116: Dorance Armstrong Jr. Kansas DE
4-137: Dalton Schultz Stanford TE

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.