*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,095 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cutting Dez left us with just about the exact amount of space we'd need for Thomas. I would wait until our pick to make the trade just Incase someone we love drops.

The more I think about it... I'd love for the Browns to go Barkley #1.
jr15aggie
AG
I wouldn't do that... Need to get it done ahead of time so we can already have Earl's new contact worked out with his agent before the deal is done. No way I'm giving up our 2nd round pick for a guy with one year left on his contract.
gigem1223
I think it's already a done deal behind the curtains. John Clayton was on Dennis and cowlishaw the other day saying the Seahawks hung banners for all their "star" current players at their stadium... Earl Thomas was omitted.
jr15aggie
AG
Awesome. I meant to ask your sources so thanks for clarifying. I wonder if both teams are trying to wait until closer to the draft, just so other teams don't have time to ponder their needs.

It makes sense for both teams. Seattle won't re-sign Thomas after next season (he's probably a Cowboy in 2019 regardless) and they don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I'm just hoping Dallas figured out a way to keep their 2nd... Give up their 3rd and their comp 4th rounder perhaps.
jr15aggie
AG
If Thomas is here, it makes a lot more sense to us fans scratching or heads about Dez. We get why he was cut, but all the free agents that can really help your team are gone. So why did they wait?

If this was their plan all along, I think most people would agree that swapping Dez with Earl is at worst a push... But the majority would probably feel our team is better.
MooreTrucker
AG
I guess other teams are waiting until after the draft to go after Dez?
gigem1223
The fact that Dez hasn't even taken a visit yet tells a lot of what the league thinks of him.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

If Thomas is here, it makes a lot more sense to us fans scratching or heads about Dez. We get why he was cut, but all the free agents that can really help your team are gone. So why did they wait?

If this was their plan all along, I think most people would agree that swapping Dez with Earl is at worst a push... But the majority would probably feel our team is better.

I think it's hilarious that so many think Dez is good. I thought the Talking Cowboys crew was going to cry over his departure.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The temper tantrum he threw did him absolutely no favors. he threw his coach under the bus. he threw his captains under the bus. why would you want to sign that headache? he's going to be doing it in your locker room before you know it. Guaranteed.

And you better be ready to feed him the ball a ****load of times right away, because his only goal in life now is to prove the Cowboys wrong by putting up numbers. Your team's wins are secondary. If you don't feed him heavy right away, he's going to get frustrated and be a problem.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

The fact that Dez hasn't even taken a visit yet tells a lot of what the league thinks of him.

You're not wrong. He is a very good WR, but you have to wonder why teams think his drama isn't worth the production.

It's interesting, cause he's not so caught up on getting the ball... But he hasn't learned to control the "I want to win" passion. He gets so amped that it becomes a hindrance.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think the "I want to win" stuff is largely an act. he's had too many tantrums on the sideline while they were leading but he wasn't getting any action for me to buy any of that crap. He doesn't learn much, but he did learn to say this one basic thing that he knows people want to hear. Not saying he doesn't want to win, but I think his desire for numbers is far and away his priority.

He was a very good WR. I'm not sure what he is now.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He was a very good WR. I'm not sure what he is now.

This right here, I think, is the best definition. What is he now? He's a broken leg, etc. since his last 1000 yard season. I wasn't for the move at first, but I'm quickly being convinced it was the only move Dallas had.
PooDoo
AG
FS/CB Byron Jones gets 5th year'd.
jr15aggie
AG
Really? That's interesting. Not a bad player at all, but not one of our better first round picks either.

Then again, I'm fine if CB is a position of depth and possibly a strength for the next couple years... We can focus on other areas instead.
Southlake
ET is gonna cost much more than just a 50th pick.

Dez and Saquon are both going to the Giants and Dez has a huge chip on his shoulder after being dumped by the Cowboys

I hate to open up against Cam Newton. So hard to prepare for.

DannyDuberstein
AG
The Giants aren't signing Dez. Of all of the things this team has to be concerned about, Dez delivering payback isn't anywhere to be found on the list.
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

ET is gonna cost much more than just a 50th pick.

WRONG!

/Trump
Ag Natural
AG
The Giants signing Dez would be amazing luck for the cowboys. Having both him and OBJ in that locker room with slack jawed Eli catering to both. I'd pay to see that drama.
jr15aggie
AG
Ravens sign Willie Snead... Confirmed that this move will put an end to possibly getting Dez, but they could still draft a WR.

Dang, I guess he really is a headache that several teams just don't want.
Southlake
Do you really think ET is worth just a 50th round pick? And no other team will offer more? Ok, let's see how this plays out.

And you guys would really want to play against the Giants with OB and Dez?

Let's hope either scenario doesn't play out. I mean really, who's going to cover Dez and OB over the middle? Smith?

This would definitely seal the fact that the Cowboys better draft defense in the early rounds - but haven't we been saying that for years?
PooDoo
AG
Might need to save that 2nd for dline.

David Irving is in trouble

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, his ex hacking his twitter to accuse him doesn't exactly do much for her credibility, but the league demonstrated it doesn't need a credible victim to issue a Cowboy a lengthy suspension
Ag Natural
AG
Southlake said:

Do you really think ET is worth just a 50th round pick? And no other team will offer more? Ok, let's see how this plays out.

And you guys would really want to play against the Giants with OB and Dez?

Let's hope either scenario doesn't play out. I mean really, who's going to cover Dez and OB over the middle? Smith?

This would definitely seal the fact that the Cowboys better draft defense in the early rounds - but haven't we been saying that for years?
Well it doesn't matter what a player is "worth". The Seahawks would be trying to unload an asset before it leaves for nothing since they can't afford to keep him. A second round pick is pretty high compensation for a non-QB.

As for facing Dez and Obj. Yeah, Obj is a problem when healthy. That whole corps for NYG is pretty scary when they are hitting. Dez doesn't move the needle one bit though. If anything, him demanding the rock takes looks away from Obj which is great for any opponent.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Other than all of the other headaches that come with Dez, that's why Dez to NYG doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see why any team that already has a #1 would take him.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
These guys can't get outa their own way.

Pathetic

(Irving incident if true)
98Ag99Grad
AG
if getting cut is what it takes to motivate Dez to catch the ball then F him. go sign and freeze your nads off in NY with mouth breathing lil Manning throwing you the ball.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

These guys can't get outa their own way.

Pathetic

(Irving incident if true)
Yup. I was saying in a recent post that if we went DT in the 1st round our D-line could be nasty... one of the assumptions I specifically mentioned was if David Irving could keep his crap together.

I guess he isn't! But it's not a surprise. The guy has so much Leon Lett in him, both on & off the field. The physical ability to be an absolute dominant and sometimes unblock-able beast... but too young and stupid to know any better and will never make his mark or get that pay day his talent deserves!
. . .
Southlake
Irving
PooDoo
AG
When baby mama realizes she might have just thrown away her winning lotto ticket.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sounds like she might have to start making double-penetration films to pay the bills. On the bright side, at least it sounds like she's into that kind of thing.

Not a great day in your life when you get called out on Twitter for getting stuffed by 2 dicks at once and then have to apologize for a false accusation.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie
AG
I miss the days when Dez offended people because his pants were saggin too low!
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

I think it's already a done deal behind the curtains. John Clayton was on Dennis and cowlishaw the other day saying the Seahawks hung banners for all their "star" current players at their stadium... Earl Thomas was omitted.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
PooDoo said:

When baby mama realizes she might have just thrown away her winning lotto ticket.
for sure. that statement above from her really wreaks of a girl who realizes she may have effed it all up.

knowing Goodell I think he'll see it that way too and wont take her statement into account.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.