*****COWBOYS 2018 OFFSEASON*****

115,115 Views | 1555 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Natural said:

Barring injury the Cowboys have the best OL in the league to go with a dominant running back. The WRS just need to do their job and not be ball dropping divas. Dak will execute. He doesn't need to be superman.

Honestly my only concern is the TE group. It sounds like none of these guys are reliable blockers. Witten was no game breaker but he was solid all around.

I hate praising a sip but Connor Williams has been getting raves in camp, he was manhandling some veteran DTs yesterday. It looks like he will solidify that guard position.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
PatAg
AG
Ag12thman said:

T-Will is gonna have to perform in games before I get excited over him. He's been a bust in far too many so far in his career.
He delivered a lot of last year.
gigem1223
PatAg said:

Ag12thman said:

T-Will is gonna have to perform in games before I get excited over him. He's been a bust in far too many so far in his career.

....?

Dude didn't even score a TD. Easily his worst season as a Cowboy.
BBQ4Me
AG
Any word on how Taco is fairing in camp?
bonfarr
AG
UMichAg said:

The reports I read say he is playing with alot more confidence. He put a wicked spin move for a called sack a few days ago and I have never seen that from.him before .

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
Reports are positive on Taco from what I've heard. They acknowledge that he currently isn't a sack machine (neither was D Law after 1 year), but there's more to DE than that. Best thing is that he works hard and plays hard.

Also looks a lot better after a year in an NFL weight room. Arrow pointing up so that's a good thing.
gigem1223
UMichAg said:

He's had a sack in 2 straight practices according to Fish
expresswrittenconsent
PatAg said:

Ag12thman said:

Macarthur
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but the guy that is getting a ton of buzz is Lance Lenoir, UFA from W. Illinois.

He appears to be giving the cowboy DBs hell on a daily basis. He got decent size too. Very good route runner.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah he has been getting a lot of buzz from what I've heard. I believe Will McClay was his big supporter and why he was brought here and kept on the PS last year.

His main problem is the 6 veterans currently ahead of him and Noah Brown who has fans too that like his potential.

6 Probable Locks:
Allen Hurns
Cole Beasley
Deonte Thompson
Michael Gallup
Tavon Austin
T-Will

You might be able to call Tavon a WR/RB thus making his roster spot a flex, but we are most likely already keeping 3 RBs & a Fullback, so either way we have to go very heavy on offensive skill positions if Lance is going to make it. Either that or we cut T-Will and eat some dead money.

jr15aggie
AG
The guys I will be watching tonight.

Our top draft picks of course... LVE, Williams, Gallup, Armstrong. Also hope to see Scarbrough do some things.

Returning guys... Jaylon, Taco, Lance Lenoir
bonfarr
AG
Conor Williams is the starting LG I am interested in how he looks. He and Gallup are getting great reviews thus far.
TJJackson
I'll be watching the secondary.
Leander - Ag
AG
Stream link?
BenFiasco14
AG

Preseason sack
TJJackson
Nice little drive to start the game.
Street_Cred_Norm
Mid season form
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
BMach
AG
Y'all catch Trey on the sidelines?
TJJackson
BMach said:

Y'all catch Trey on the sidelines?

Trey Williams? He was released earlier in the week.

Wrong emoji
Vince Blake
Digging the motor on Antwaun Woods.
BMach
AG
Negative sir, he was suited up
BenFiasco14
AG
jr15aggie said:

The guys I will be watching tonight.

Our top draft picks of course... LVE, Williams, Gallup, Armstrong. Also hope to see Scarbrough do some things.

Returning guys... Jaylon, Taco, Lance Lenoir
Taco
TJJackson
Well he was released. I did not hear they resigned him 48 hours later.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/dallas-cowboys-trey-williams-2018-player-profile/
Street_Cred_Norm
The linebackers, all of them, look good.
Aggies1322
AG
LVE runs around really well. Dude is a huge plus against the pass.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Rush looks like poo.
bonfarr
AG
Cooper Rush not looking sharp.
Big run from Scraborough there.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tackling Scarborough would not be in my list of fun things to do.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Rush has looked kind of ****ty, but his protection has been kind of ****ty
bonfarr
AG
leakypipes said:

Well he was released. I did not hear they resigned him 48 hours later.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/dallas-cowboys-trey-williams-2018-player-profile/

I don't think he has a chance to make the roster with Scarborough running well. I think he is still eligible for the PS

I bet the Cowboys only keep 4 RBs including Olawale at FB. They will instead go heavy at WR.
bonfarr
AG
Rush looks uncomfortable in the pocket. Hopefully Mike White is better.
jr15aggie
AG
1st half comments:

Dak is a gamer. Concern in practice is deep ball accuracy... Throws a perfect deep ball to Gallup for TD.

D-line will be fine and deep if all the guys are healthy and Irving comes back ready to go. Curious if Gregory gives us anything

Jaylon looked quicker than last year. Was moving better. Let's see if his instincts are back.

Refs still love throwing BS flags against us, especially on 3rd downs.

Williams did a lot of really good things. Got beat for that sack against Dak though.

LVE looked solid for his first NFL experience. Athletically it's all there.

I can't help but think that this secondary, despite a lot of young talent, will be very average... Plug in ET though and they could be special. I personally think they should get it done.

rsf0626
The WR competion will be very interesting....i'm not so sure lance lenior doesnt make the 53
Ag12thman
AG
Not impressed with the D overall. The O looks good, but it did last year in preseason, too. In fact, it looked unstoppable then. Gotta see how Prescott handles pressure this year. Last year he couldn't.
Street_Cred_Norm
Ag12thman said:

Not impressed with the D overall. The O looks good, but it did last year in preseason, too. In fact, it looked unstoppable then. Gotta see how Prescott handles pressure this year. Last year he couldn't.

I thought the first and second team looked pretty good on D.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.